NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #375 on: <01-13-16/1009:28> »
@ZombieAcePilot: Most recent nightly build is here. The auto-update mechanism proved to be a bit too fragile given that I don't have access to a file-sharing service I can control, so its use has been discontinued.

Are there directions anywhere with what to do with this? Am I supposed to be replacing certain files?

I extracted the entire thing. When I start chummer it opes a box with a download button. When I hit it a bar fills and does nothing. The button is replaced with one that reads restart. I hit that button and it closes. Chummer never opens.
« Last Edit: <01-13-16/1015:22> by ZombieAcePilot »

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #376 on: <01-13-16/1308:11> »
I was using version 0.5.179.656.0
The spell "pulse" appears twice in the list of manipulation spells.

I wanted to thank you!
You do great work considering what you have to handle. *thumbs up, all 4*
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #377 on: <01-13-16/1502:39> »
I get this error message when opening an old character in the newest build:

[spoiler]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chummer.SkillControl.RefreshControl() in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Controls\SkillControl.cs:line 1137
   at Chummer.SkillControl.set_SkillCategory(String value) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Controls\SkillControl.cs:line 1035
   at Chummer.SkillControl.cboKnowledgeSkillCategory_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Controls\SkillControl.cs:line 331
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.set_SelectedValue(Object value)
   at Chummer.SkillControl.set_KnowledgeSkill(Boolean value) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Controls\SkillControl.cs:line 901
   at Chummer.frmCareer.frmCareer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\frmCareer.cs:line 680
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer5
    Assembly Version: 5.179.656.0
    Win32 Version: 5.179.656
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Eigene%20Dateien/Dropbox/Public/RP/Shadowrun/Shadowrun%205/Chummer5/Chummer5.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34262 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[/spoiler]

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #378 on: <01-13-16/1627:58> »
@ZombieAcePilot: That would be the replacement updater, which I didn't think to code out from firing on the nightlies. Ignore that, it'll just download 5.178. Just extract the nightly.zip somewhere and use that for now, I intend to have 179 ready in a few days.
@Squirrel: That would be because one's from Street Grimoire, the other's from Shadow Spells. Different drain values and such.
@Atlessa: That's.. interesting. Could you upload your character file somewhere for me to dissect? It looks like it can't read the character's skillwires for some reason.

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #379 on: <01-13-16/1710:15> »
@ZombieAcePilot: That would be the replacement updater, which I didn't think to code out from firing on the nightlies. Ignore that, it'll just download 5.178. Just extract the nightly.zip somewhere and use that for now, I intend to have 179 ready in a few days.
@Squirrel: That would be because one's from Street Grimoire, the other's from Shadow Spells. Different drain values and such.
@Atlessa: That's.. interesting. Could you upload your character file somewhere for me to dissect? It looks like it can't read the character's skillwires for some reason.

It does that on ALL my existing characters.  None of them have skillwires... o.o

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10082925/RP/Shadowrun/Shadowrun%205/Chummers/MitleidsFickRunde/RinNEU%20%28mit%20Hard%20Targets%29.rar

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #380 on: <01-13-16/1810:52> »
Hrm. Well that's interesting; that character's crashing because it can't find a mentor spirit called Neko in the mentors file; is that a custom mentor you made?

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #381 on: <01-14-16/1130:44> »
Both instances of pulse have F+3 as drain and refer to street grimoire p118
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #382 on: <01-14-16/2044:07> »
Hrm. Well that's interesting; that character's crashing because it can't find a mentor spirit called Neko in the mentors file; is that a custom mentor you made?

Ack... let me send you one that doesn't use custom stuff... xD

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10082925/RP/Shadowrun/Shadowrun%205/Chummers/Dienstags/Terra.rar

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #383 on: <01-15-16/1222:26> »
Couple quick Gear bugs:
Skimmers do not have a Movement speed bonus
Skates have neither a Movement speed bonus nor the Physical Limit modifier

Neither enforce the "Must be purchased in pairs" limitation.

Feature Request:
For things like Skimmers, it would be really nice to have an "Is Active" toggle, so that your Limits and stats match the current mode you are operating in. I imagine this isn't as simple a task as it sounds, of course, and in Career Mode, you can use the "Improvements" tab to do this. Consider this very low priority if it makes your list at all! :)
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #384 on: <01-15-16/2134:32> »
Skills are in the middle of being rewritten largely due to shit like that. There's a lot rather delicate code in there at the moment that tends to break in one way or another if you look at it funny. I can see why the exotic skills aren't going away and should have it in the next build, but the best way to remove the skill for now would just be opening the file up in notepad and deleting the node for it.
...thanks for the tip, never thought about doing that.  Saved a lot of rebuilding.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #385 on: <01-19-16/0010:27> »
Sensor enhancement for the vehicles out of the rigger 5.0 rules is not working right. It only goes up to 3 (the amount is right for 3), but doesn't go 4-6 (which is at increased cost).

anchoress

• Chummer
« Reply #386 on: <01-20-16/1219:27> »
Some issues i had:

- The "Jack of all trades, master of none" quality changes your karma value in karmagen, even though it should only change your skill costs after chargen.

- After saving a character still in charactergen (only tested in karmagen) - and if he is awakened (mage, mysad, etc.) - and loading it again, the initiation tab appears,even though it was not available directly after creating the char for the first time. This should be consistent. RAW initiation is not possible in chargen, but a checkbox in the options to enable it for chargen would be nice though.

- A feature request: A checkbox for raising skills over 6 at chargen would be awesome!

- The "Friends in high places" quality doesn't do anything in karmagen. You can do a workaround by selecting the checkbox free for the specific contacts, but this only works if you don't use karma to improve them further. F.e. you have a character with CHA 4 and the quality, he gets 4x4 = 16 points for contacts, which have to have a connection rating of 8+. You decide to create 2 contacts with 8/2. So you have to spend 20 points. 16 you spend out of your extra pool and 4 you spend out of your karma pool. In this case setting the contacts to "free" pointwise wouldn't solve the problem, because you would pay 4 extra karma for the contacts additionally to the quality.

- Picking up Cyber- and/or Bioware with an awakened character (i.e. with a MAG rating), the MAG value is not decreased (the maximum value is, but not the actual MAG rating).

- It is not possible anymore to set a language as "native language".

- The bioware "Tailored Pheromones" rating is not added to the skill ratings of the acting and influence groups (like said in the rules). The limit bonus works fine though.

- The biocompatability (either bio- or cyberware) is not calculated correctly, as far as i can tell. In the rules it is stated that the actual essence cost (after applying the alpha-/beta-/etc. bonus) is dropped by 10% and rounded down to the tenth. This last part is not done by chummer right now. A 'ware with an essence cost of 0,6 would be reduced to 0,54 by chummer. By RAW it should be rounded down to 0,5.

All this was recognized in chummer version 5a178 (should be the latest official release, not a nightly version) and in karmagen.
Besides all the issues i've found, let me say: i really appreciate your work and effort you put into chummer! I work with it a lot and enjoy it every time :)

boongeebee

• Newb
« Reply #387 on: <01-20-16/1623:17> »
I am very grateful for and impressed with your work.  I appreciate all the work you do to help us all enjoy the game more.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #388 on: <01-20-16/1629:30> »
I am very grateful for and impressed with your work.  I appreciate all the work you do to help us all enjoy the game more.

I agree.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #389 on: <01-20-16/2335:04> »
- It is not possible anymore to set a language as "native language".
If you leave it at 0 ranks it will say it is N, which means native.