NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #360 on: <01-06-16/0856:00> »
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases Grab the latest one from here.

Okay, I grabbed the Nightly-v1.0.614, and in this build it's even worse. 
Chummer now deducts 20 Karma (Should be 10) for raising EDG from 1 to 2,
25 Karma (should be 15) for raising EDGE from 2 to 3,
100 Karma (should be 30) for raising EDGE from 5 to 6
AND now also does it regardless of current essence.

Also the side bar in some cases does not list correct Values.  (lists 16 Karma for 2 to 3, 34 Karma for raising from 5 to 6)

-Happens in Priority and Sum-to-Ten Build
-Create mode
-Selected Race seems to not matter
-Essence used seems to not matter

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #361 on: <01-06-16/1438:32> »
Here's an odd one:

I have an Adept with Improved Ability 2 (Exotic Ranged Weapon) as a power.

He also has a Qi focus with Improved Ability 2 (Exotic Ranged Weapon.)

He is in Career Mode.

Whenever I load the file, his power is reduced to Improved Ability 1 (Exotic Ranged Weapon), available PP increases to 0.5 and the bonus from the Qi focus (which still shows as Bound) is nowhere to be found.

Any thoughts?
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #362 on: <01-06-16/2157:36> »
Adept powers currently have this annoying bug that causes the rating to reset to the free levels granted by foci or adept way bonuses. I'm looking into fixing it at the moment. It's... odd. I'll have to take another look at that code Atlessa, I can't replicate it but there could be something odd going on.

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #363 on: <01-06-16/2355:14> »
Adept powers currently have this annoying bug that causes the rating to reset to the free levels granted by foci or adept way bonuses. I'm looking into fixing it at the moment. It's... odd. I'll have to take another look at that code

No worries. I'm using the "Improvements" tab to force it to the correct values as a workaround at the moment, so not a huge impact. Just wanted to let you know about it. Also, awesome work on this. Thanks for doing it!
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #364 on: <01-09-16/0326:45> »
[posted in wrong thread]
...still having issues breaking skill groups after entering Career Mode.

For example, when I increase a single skill (2 > 3), it deducts the karma properly and raises the skill's base rating.  However after I save and close the character, then open  it up later, I find the base skill is reset back to the original skill group rating (2) while the Karma spent on improving the single skill still shows as being applied  in the Karma/Nuyen tab.

I tired setting both rules options to allow for breaking skill groups with Skill Points, but that doesn't help either.  Sort of frustrating as I only recently discovered I've been playing the character with lower skill ratings than she actually has.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #365 on: <01-09-16/0341:47> »
....another small bug.

After thinking about  picking up a new skill in career mode (exotic ranged weapon), changed my mind and went to the Karma/Nuyen tab to delete the Karma expenditure. This usually resets whatever skill/attribute Karma was spent on to the original value (in this case setting the rating to 0 for the skill), The Karma spent was returned, but neither the skill or the rating was removed from the character's skill list. Even refreshing the list did not remove it.  I did not save the character at any time and even after exiting (clicking "No") and opening the file up again, the skill was still there.

I can find no way to remove it other than going to the backup of the original build version, saving it to career mode (overwriting the broken file), and re entering all the Karma/Nuyen awards and expenditures for the last several months all over again
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #366 on: <01-10-16/2057:12> »
Skills are in the middle of being rewritten largely due to shit like that. There's a lot rather delicate code in there at the moment that tends to break in one way or another if you look at it funny. I can see why the exotic skills aren't going away and should have it in the next build, but the best way to remove the skill for now would just be opening the file up in notepad and deleting the node for it.

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #367 on: <01-13-16/0617:01> »
Is there no way to override chummer? It is just wrong about a great many things. Won't let you put a silencer on a gun that comes with integral gas vent, Response interface gear double charges you, and the list goes on and on.

Gendo

• Newb
« Reply #368 on: <01-13-16/0654:54> »
I have no idea why, but during character creation i lost -5 karma when i buy cyberware or bioware.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #369 on: <01-13-16/0708:37> »
ZombieAcePilot: You can make override files, yes. Generally the best way for things to get fixed is to raise them as issues either here or in the issue tracker. I can't fix things I don't know are broken. I left an extra line in the weapons class that was causing internal accessories to use their default settings instead, so I've fixed that.

Gendo: Generally that's because Chummer's trying to preserve your current magic rating. Would need more detail to be sure.

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #370 on: <01-13-16/0724:21> »
ZombieAcePilot: You can make override files, yes. Generally the best way for things to get fixed is to raise them as issues either here or in the issue tracker. I can't fix things I don't know are broken. I left an extra line in the weapons class that was causing internal accessories to use their default settings instead, so I've fixed that.

Gendo: Generally that's because Chummer's trying to preserve your current magic rating. Would need more detail to be sure.

Fixed that where? My chummer isn't detecting any updates available at this time.

Gendo

• Newb
« Reply #371 on: <01-13-16/0733:03> »

What kind of details ?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #372 on: <01-13-16/0745:06> »
@ZombieAcePilot: Most recent nightly build is here. The auto-update mechanism proved to be a bit too fragile given that I don't have access to a file-sharing service I can control, so its use has been discontinued. 

@Gendo: Minimum would be Chummer version, build method, priority selection, steps required to reproduce the issue.

Gendo

• Newb
« Reply #373 on: <01-13-16/0748:58> »
OK, 5.178 version, priority D/B/E/A/C, augmentation was bought after qualities, attributes, contacts and skills.

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #374 on: <01-13-16/0841:19> »
I have no idea why, but during character creation i lost -5 karma when i buy cyberware or bioware.

That's exactly the same issue I noticed earlier this month.   Set your Karma to the minimum, and see if it happens again?
(The two issues are definitely related somehow...)