NEWS

Clothing in Shadowrun

• 23 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #15 on: <01-12-15/1304:56> »
You probably wouldn't be wearing a helmet, ballistic mask and forearm guards anywhere near where the suit/coat combo would be appropriate though, they're for different places.
A simple balaclava or hockey mask can be donned if you need to cover your face for the ride home/exfil
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #16 on: <01-12-15/1437:25> »
That is true, honestly. My current runner does though, but don't take advice about proper social graces from him. He wears an I love (heart with obsidian dagger in it) Aztechnology shirt, in Denver of all places.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #17 on: <01-12-15/1545:23> »
And don't forget that the synergist coat can stack on the sleeping tiger. With softweave in both, you can get some very tough armor, especially against elemental damages.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #18 on: <01-12-15/1549:14> »
Not sure if I would want to pay that much (with softweave), but that is true. My current game has become very pink, we try to keep it mirror shades, but all of us fail. But, we all have fun, so who cares. Part of why he wares such outlandish clothes (oh, and distinctive style).
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-13-15/0255:22> »
¥13k is enough to buy a car, an armor jacket, and a chameleon suit.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #20 on: <01-15-15/2048:42> »
Well, Sleeping Tiger is street fashion seen from a 'corporate slummer' angle - it's going to be worn more in clubs and the like, and a lot less in corporate boardrooms.  Each set has its own sort of place.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #21 on: <01-15-15/2100:39> »
True, but sleeping tiger is nice jacket/suit for meets with higher in Johnsons as well (at least compared to an armored jacket).

But seriously, armor should always be chosen for situation on hand, ideally also at highest armor value too.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #22 on: <01-15-15/2126:44> »
Actually, I'd wear a standard armored jacket to a standard meet before I'd wear Sleeping Tiger.  You want to look competent, not stick out.  And at least IMO, all of the increases in the social limit depend on the gear being socially acceptable in the place to which / around the people whom you're wearing the outfit.  Otherwise - again IMO - the bonus should become a penalty.  "Mr. Simmons, you do know that a black spiked jacket with chains and white-and-black facepaint is not appropriate for a board meeting, don't you?"
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #23 on: <01-15-15/2138:03> »
I guess it depends on which description of sleeping tiger, I have always heard it called a power suit. Which if that is the case, high end meets, it does fit better than armored jacket in a fancy restaurant.

Also, my main runner is socially stupid, much to the face/shaman regret, so social limit is special already (4) and thinks that the sec PPP pants with sleeping tiger is a good idea, along with his forearm guards, and helmet/ballistic mask. Yes, in normal games uncouth is a horrible idea, but our group is closer to Pink Mohawk, and it makes some fun times (and has screwed over negotiations once or twice). No fights (during negotiations), yet to it. But, that said current assignment is due to uncouth, oophs. I go with the Yakuza drew a gun but couldn't back it up, he died.