NEWS

Any World of Warships Players here?

• 1 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« on: <03-18-19/0256:53> »
So, do any of you SR nerds also play World of Warships?

And more importantly, (to me :P ) play Destroyers?

I have to say, since the Aircraft and matchmaker changes, for me playing higher tier destroyers is now next to impossible :(

With the 2 carriers you get in most matches, my survival rate is about 4 mins, and MAYBE a few shots/Spots, IF I am lucky. Most games, its just the same old "Spotted by Aircraft, bombed and rocketed 3 times in a now every 15 seconds until dead..."

Can't hide in the smoke as just loiter overhead until it dissipates, or you leave it. Can't use your AA as it's so weak you don't actually shoot down planes! (best game ever... 125k AA damage. ONE plane shot down....), can't seem to dodge the strikes coming in, no matter how much you bash the WASD keys (of 50 strikes against me, 47 hit over the course of 15 games...) 

So, what do you do in the new meta to have a good, enjoyable match or two?
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <07-25-19/0111:23> »
So, do any of you SR nerds also play World of Warships?

And more importantly, (to me :P ) play Destroyers?

I have to say, since the Aircraft and matchmaker changes, for me playing higher tier destroyers is now next to impossible :(

With the 2 carriers you get in most matches, my survival rate is about 4 mins, and MAYBE a few shots/Spots, IF I am lucky. Most games, its just the same old "Spotted by Aircraft, bombed and rocketed 3 times in a now every 15 seconds until dead..."

Can't hide in the smoke as just loiter overhead until it dissipates, or you leave it. Can't use your AA as it's so weak you don't actually shoot down planes! (best game ever... 125k AA damage. ONE plane shot down....), can't seem to dodge the strikes coming in, no matter how much you bash the WASD keys (of 50 strikes against me, 47 hit over the course of 15 games...) 

So, what do you do in the new meta to have a good, enjoyable match or two?

Check out the YouTube channel TheMightyJingles. He does World of Tanks, World of Warships, and other games, and as I recall he had a video explaining how to use destroyers with the recent carrier changes. I don't really play it right now; I'm waiting until they finally implement submarines.