NEWS

Ai rules

• 5 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« on: <07-11-18/0755:07> »
Have there been any FAQ/errata on ai characters?
I'm particularly wondering about real world naivete combined with pilot origin as its bonkers that a pilot that accounts for mass/friction/3d world doesn't think the world exists
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-11-18/1126:40> »
Based on the wording, Pilot Origin and Real World Naivete appear to be incompatible.

Edit: yeah, kainite has it right.
« Last Edit: <07-16-18/0143:34> by fseperent »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #2 on: <07-11-18/1602:15> »
Yeah, as gm I'd house rule pilot origins to nullify naivete. Just wondering if it had been looked at by the official team?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #3 on: <07-11-18/1952:45> »
It does have that line
"Even if their original programming involved interaction with the physical world in some way, they may not fully grasp the entirety of itt"
With that in mind, think of Chappie (Go to sleep!). Or in physics, it understands how physics affects it as a drone, but not humans (what do you mean 15G acceleration is too much? I am fine). Or the concept of air (as in breathing, understands aerodynomics, but not lack of oxygen). Or pressure of the depths and the meat body frailty (crush depth of fragile meat body, the bends). Accidentally crush your hand in handshake cause it's not steel. Blurt out whatever socially inappropriate remark(especially if it is a truthful observation) and not understanding the reactions of others. The whole concept of food/drink. Sarcasm, joking (Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy), the list goes on. So I don't think they are mutually exclusive, but do require some creative ways to roleplay and enforce.
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-13-18/2137:08> »
Anyone able to figure out what happens to an AI that's inhabiting a device that becomes physically destroyed?

I see what happens when a device with an AI in it is bricked... but not physically destroyed.  Same thing?  Or just dump shocked out?

What happens if the device is wireless-off or inside a farraday cage when its destroyed with an AI in it?
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Myriad

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-16-18/0001:29> »
Here's a FAQ I created along with a post snippet from reddit.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MR0ESIxHbfWZCIBQ2sesryWju57a22Mnu1kj2_4CkAU

Houserule wise, I'd allow a buy off of real world naivete.  Or make a check with depth*2 vs threshold 2, kinda straddling the whole "drones given a novelty command they have to figure out is pilot x2 vs threshold 1" and drones are ALOT dumber than your typical AI.

Additionally, OS is halved for emulating.

Fix WTLM/Eguchi smile to apply to their social skills.  Otherwise, its really only useful for creating a harem of anthrodrones slaved to the RCC if a GM allows them to do actual checks, but even then, its still terrible.

Don't make them lose advanced programs for 'dying', remove the 'deicide' program.  Allow essence to be restored as a karma stat raise for AI or similar.