NEWS

Emotionless Monk

• 6 Replies

Cookie Dough

• Newb
« on: <07-03-18/0933:34> »
I made this monk-type of adept with Chummer and would like some feedback!

Here's a link to a .pdf of my character.

Nephilim

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-03-18/1211:23> »
Your unarmed dice pool is a touch low for your only combat ability. I usually recommend to people at my table that that have at least one ranged attacking skill, as melee combat isn't always possible/viable. I'd dump the Improved Potential (Physical) for Improved ability. Phys Limit of 8 is more than high enough, going by your pools. Also, what chargen method are you guys using? Just eyeballing it, your character seems to be a bit low on resources.

Cookie Dough

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-03-18/1216:09> »
What do you mean by 'chargen'?

And I wanted to add some throwing weapons skill points but on Chummer5, throwing weapons don't appear for some reason (I guess I could create a custom item :P)

Thanks!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <07-03-18/1224:23> »
Yeah the primary issue is certainly your unarmed pool is deeply lacking (9 dice is glitch range), further I wouldn't spec into sub dual, martial art or striking are much easier to use.  Armor is on the low  for primary combatant and you don't really have the dodge pool high enough to make up for it. Nitpicky point your character signature involves detail spray paining but the character has no skill in spray painting. Which seems like bad plan.
I'd drop astral perception, you lack the skills to use that effectively, I'd also recommend a ranged combat method. Archery, thrown, guns, something to give you ranged option. 
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <07-03-18/1239:05> »
What do you mean by 'chargen'?

And I wanted to add some throwing weapons skill points but on Chummer5, throwing weapons don't appear for some reason (I guess I could create a custom item :P)

Thanks!
Depending on the edition there are Karma, Build Points, Priority and Lifestyle Modules for chargen.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

ChromeCoyote

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-03-18/1251:58> »
"Chargen" is short for "CHARacter GENeration".

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-04-18/0031:45> »
I echo the sentiments of the others.
There are some odd things about the build and it seems you don't have enough "char in your gen" :)

The first question is what character generation method you are using, but surely with a standard priority build you would be better off than what you have listed here.
You would have:
A Stats = 24 points
B Magic = Adept (6 Magic)
C Skills = 28/2
D Resources = 50,000
E Race = Human (1 special pt)

You definitely want to have high AGI, you can reduce your REA without much consequence.
You could also adjust your INT down 2 and your WILL up 2 to resist fear, intimidation and other influence.
I would NOT take Astral Perception and Assensing. Although it might seem like a cool thing to do, in actual play it opens you up to a potential for lots of danger and since you don't have a weapon focus, or any weapon skill to get one in the future you can not be effective in Astral Combat (which you also don't have).
Perception isn't necessarily a good choice for you either, since you could just put a couple more skill points into Perception and not spend 10 karma on it.
In general, one strategy is to use karma to buy 1 point skills (for 2 karma each) and use your skill points to buy high rating skills.

See this great post:
https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25864.0

Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.