NEWS

Remaking an old concept

• 6 Replies

• Newb
« on: (03:20:49/04-16-18) »
Hi I'm remaking an old concept (Really was my first shadowrun character, ever) and I want to give her a secondary role but I'm unsure how to do it without sucking. The concept is a covert ops infiltrator but I want to add some face abilities to make her an even better infiltrator ( Think a mix of Black Widow/Michael Weston). Anyone have any ideas or tips?

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: (15:05:47/04-16-18) »
A mix of physical / social adept is easy enough to pull off. What's giving you trouble specifically?

« Reply #2 on: (15:45:56/04-16-18) »
Excessive cyberware gives you a hit on your social limit, but if you're not excessive there are some cyber/bio augmentations that'd synergize exceptionally well with covert ops and face work.  Take a look at the many sorts of augmentations that allow you to alter your appearance.  Another suggestion would be a Vocal Modulator: helps with impersonation and defeating voice-recognition maglocks.

It's a bit self-serving perhaps but you might find some insight or ideas in my attempt to build a very similar character!  Even if what you learn is examples of what you don't want to do.... ;) 
« Last Edit: (15:47:52/04-16-18) by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: (01:30:54/04-17-18) »
A mix of physical / social adept is easy enough to pull off. What's giving you trouble specifically?

I'm trying to do it without magic, and being as balanced as possible

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: (02:46:16/04-17-18) »
Excessive cyberware gives you a hit on your social limit, but if you're not excessive there are some cyber/bio augmentations that'd synergize exceptionally well with covert ops and face work.  Take a look at the many sorts of augmentations that allow you to alter your appearance.  Another suggestion would be a Vocal Modulator: helps with impersonation and defeating voice-recognition maglocks.

It's a bit self-serving perhaps but you might find some insight or ideas in my attempt to build a very similar character!  Even if what you learn is examples of what you don't want to do.... ;)

Your thread was what inspired me to dust her off and fix her up

« Reply #5 on: (03:03:49/04-17-18) »
Hehehe.  Since that's the case, I should let you know I'm thinking the priority A on skills w supporting cyber is the way to go... not sure my most recent activity there reflects that.

My reasoning is twofold: the aforementioned hit to social limit on being heavy cyber, as well as it being cheaper to upgrade augmentation grades & ratings as the character develops.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: (08:49:49/04-17-18) »
The penalty to limit from going from 6 essence to less than 1 essence is two points. You gain three points back with pheremones. Cyberware, even heavy cyberware, is good. But for the infiltration role heavy cyber is unnecessary.

Also, skills A is virtually always a trap. Attributes A, Skills B, Cyber C, Elf D, Mundane E, would work, or even Attributes B, Cyber B if you can use sum to 10.

Tailered pheromones, increased agility, and probably a narco are must haves. Two initiative passes would probably be enough.