NEWS

Advice on a Character idea

• 7 Replies

Killerclown

• Newb
« on: <04-15-18/1856:33> »
I have an idea for a character for a Shadowrun fanfiction I might right soon. My idea is a Feathered Serpent named  Miquilizcoatl who runs a pro wrestling company named IWF or the International Wrestling Federation.  Can I have some advice on why a Feathered Serpent would run a Pro Wrestling Promotion and how it could work?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <04-15-18/1908:27> »
It could be a smuggling front. Even with their blood sports I’m sure wrestling would still be huge in Aztlan (former Mexico) so it could be either a resistance cell or support the regume’s agenda in North America.
There are dragons running nightclubs, music production companies and entertainment centers so why not a wrestling association?
It could be a Shadowrunner front, as a way to get easier across the borders.  “Those implants are to enhance the violence and glamour of the show, Mr. Border Patrol Office. This Combatware definitely will not be used for other purposes than showbiz!”
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-16-18/0016:11> »
PiXeL01 ideas are really good!  :D If that doesn't suit, keep in mind that dragons have their own interests and hobbies. Maybe they ran across old wrestling footage and they want to re-create that type of entertainment in the modern era. Just their thing, in a hundred years they may start up the international river dancing initiative... 8)

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-16-18/1710:35> »
All dragons regret sleeping through the 1980s ...

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-16-18/1922:11> »
Maybe that’s why you mostly see dragons trying to revive it a century later

Killerclown

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-16-18/2202:45> »
I was thinking about this character today and i have two new things to add about him. One idea i have about him is that he is a huge micromanager who watches every audition of new talent for his company due to the fact that he doesn't trust his judges. He is able to do this through a magic ritual that allows him to peer through a pool of water into the audition office, which happens to be near his lair in Amazonia. The second idea i have is that he is a huge supporter of Amazonia and is not only involved in it's politics, but uses the IWF to help fund activities against their rivals to the North and Aztechnology. Does that sound alright. Also, i am wondering what this guy would be like in Shadowrun.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQq90Rk8OMs

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-16-18/2223:41> »
Sounds pretty Shadowrun Dragonish to me ^^

Killerclown

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <04-16-18/2246:23> »
The best part is that this story is in the POV of two of this dragon's employees, a wrestler and a manager. Just imagine their reactions when they find out that their boss wants them to smuggle Aztechnology data from Aztlan back to Amazonia.
« Last Edit: <04-16-18/2331:14> by Killerclown »