NEWS

Neo-Tokyo FAQ Discussion

• 66 Replies

Lormyr

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: (14:01:30/04-05-18) »
Thanks Bull, I appreciate the clarification.

Do we have any info on updating a few of the current legal CMPs and PMs that are woefully incomplete? Dragons Song and PM 3 come to immediate mind.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #61 on: (03:51:26/04-06-18) »
2nd the request on clarification for season 5 characters with less than 149 Karma, and the language barrier, and such.

I am curious as to the mechanics for how Combat spells are being detected by the NTPD?  Just the standard "Ka-boom" from a fireball or is there some Magic security as well.  Because differentiation between a Stun ball and a Chaotic World seems a little fine to me.

And no background count?  Physical Adepts everywhere rejoice. 

Overall huge fan.  As long as the players are aware of the consequences and be discrete they're all good.  NTPD patrols consequences escalate and there is opportunity at each spot to de-escalate, or can be completely avoided.  HTR drones response time is fast but not really too fast for Runners to handle.

Just to help out and clarify the questions here:

No season 5-8 character will remain valid into season 9.  You can still play that character in Season 5-8 games and the corresponding CMP's as well as primes for those CMP's.  Everything going forward as of the release of Neo-Tokyo is intended for new characters.

As far as detecting combat spells, you have to remember, Law Enforcement is ubiquitous in Japan, especially compared to Chicago. Someone tosses off a big spell, it will show up on the astral pretty easily, plus, the presence of astral patrols is going to be much higher.  Further, Ritual Tracking is also a thing, if people do not scrub their signatures properly.

This can all be mitigated for a super inexperienced group, and the contacts the runners will have access to out of the gate will help with some of that.
...speaking of contacts, will there be a list for Neo Tokyo before season 9 begins?
Forsaken daughter is watching you

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #62 on: (04:18:38/04-06-18) »
I think a clean slate is a good choice. Chicago really wants different characters then Neo-Tokyo. I liked Chicago fine, but I ready for new things!
...indeed.

I don't think my little jack of all trades mad bomber kid Leela (who I've been playing since Season 5 and in most of the CMPs) would fare very well in Neo Tokyo even with her decent social skills.  Crikey, she has a separate closet just for all her different types of armour, from street to high fashion to medium milspec as well as a personal arsenal including an FN AAL Gyro Jet, Monowhip, several automatics, an MPL-12 and a Mitsubishi Yakusoku Double Barrel Launcher (and I won't even mention her demolitions gear).  All she would have to do is step off the plane at the Narita and HTR team would already be there at the gate waiting for her.
« Last Edit: (04:22:52/04-06-18) by kyoto kid »

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #63 on: (05:12:06/04-06-18) »
That's the best. "Oh I'm sorry Officer, that's my fake SIN, I use to cut down on the spam you see, here's my Really, Real SIN. Don't worry about that one bro, once the cops got you on fake SIN I think your gonna get some nice new bracelets, and take nice ride to the station. Unless your contact handy and you can get this situation taken care of real quickly.
The FAQ seems pretty explicit that you only get arrested on a fake SIN being detected if that SIN is rating 4+. Not possessing any SIN you are detained for 8 hours, getting caught with a 4+ fake you are arrested for 24, everything else looks to just be a fine.
...so not having a SIN can be an advantage in some cases? 

For example the character concept I have uses no weapons at all, not even blades or clubs (Physad Troll/Giant Sumo) or has other "questionable" gear like heavy armour or augmentations.  Besides grappling and martial arts, he throws things, anything he can grab (including humans, dwarves, or elves).  He can elect to do stun or lethal damage (Killing Hands) He actually has a decent CHA (3) and decent Etiquette skill specailised in Japan Subculture (he knows the basic social graces). Sadly resources was the E priority and even using 10 Karma that doesn't leave much after getting a rating 4 fake SIN and Adept Licence (10,800).

« Reply #64 on: (10:39:30/04-06-18) »
That's the best. "Oh I'm sorry Officer, that's my fake SIN, I use to cut down on the spam you see, here's my Really, Real SIN. Don't worry about that one bro, once the cops got you on fake SIN I think your gonna get some nice new bracelets, and take nice ride to the station. Unless your contact handy and you can get this situation taken care of real quickly.
The FAQ seems pretty explicit that you only get arrested on a fake SIN being detected if that SIN is rating 4+. Not possessing any SIN you are detained for 8 hours, getting caught with a 4+ fake you are arrested for 24, everything else looks to just be a fine.
...so not having a SIN can be an advantage in some cases? 

Well way I read it is SINless and no fake SIN = automatic trouble.
caught with a Rating 4+ Fake SIN: More trouble than having just been SINless, but OTOH you probably wouldn't have been caught in the first place.
caught with a Rating 1-3 Fake SIN: Balance between trouble and odds of being caught.

Given the importance of having Fake SINs/permits in Neo-Tokyo, there should have been a rule to incentivize rating 1-3s or else noone would ever use them.  It's smart design.

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #65 on: (01:40:03/04-14-18) »
Will GMs be able to give rewards from Neo-Tokyo to Chicago characters, and vice-versa?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: (11:36:06/04-15-18) »
Will GMs be able to give rewards from Neo-Tokyo to Chicago characters, and vice-versa?

No.  Your characters are considered to have "played" any mission that you're giving them the GM reward.  If a character has played a Chicago mission they can't play Neo-Tokyo.