NEWS

What's your Plan 9 conspiracy?

• 20 Replies

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #15 on: <02-13-18/1229:10> »
Back to Plan 9 conspiracies ...

Aztechnology Corporate Intelligence uses Stuffer Shack as a front to support their espionage and intelligence gathering activities. People come and go at all hours, and they're conveniently located in every urban center and along major transportation arteries. There's always a secret weapons cache behind one of the refrigerator units, and many (but not all) locations have a safe house concealed in a secret basement. At least one employee in each location is a trained field officer (rarely the manager or employee of the month; look for a strangely competent worker who complains too much to be well-liked, and speak the code phrase, "are you even supposed to be here today?" in Nahuatl).
And conducts Guerrero training in the guise of street hockey games.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-02-18/1141:27> »
I have been suspected that the whole elder god thing being lumped in with the horrors is an attempt to reboot and update then to a legal-friendly fashion.  I didnt get into SR till 4th ed (and a couple earlier 2nd ed games with a buddy's dad's group), so I dont know as mucha bout them as a lot of you guys, but it seems like a big thene of 5th ed is freshening up old threats.  CFD lead to another chance to interact with Deus.  Now we are seeing more buggy stuff.  I think they probably want to start using the horrors again, but need a new name for then.  Elder gods is cliche, and I hate how Lovecraft works as a straightjacket for anything that smells of cosmic horror, but as long as they stop at renaming, I'm okay .

For plan 9 conspiricies, here is one of mine.. 
  Wondering where the swt comes from?  Plan 9 has an idea!  The cards arent as random as they seem.  The way that elements and symbols work together to suggest meaning is actually spot on with the tjought patterns of obsevred "AI dreams," but they are also clearly magical.  It's the workd's first magical AI.  The holoprojectors are actually the first pieces it made - more familiar.  CFD sae infected mages, and for tye first time, AIs had direct access to magic.  Several xenosapients who had overwritten mages were later combined within a server into a powerful gestalt that has now becone obsessed witg magic, chaos theory, and divination.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #17 on: <03-02-18/1439:27> »
The Nul node in foundations?  That is the 'scar' where they lobotomized an AI to trap it in something akin to a dream state.  They have been copying that for all the hosts ever since.  Further conspiracy theories can be built about what specific AI they were able to do this too.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #18 on: <03-03-18/0008:27> »
The Nul node in foundations?  That is the 'scar' where they lobotomized an AI to trap it in something akin to a dream state.  They have been copying that for all the hosts ever since.  Further conspiracy theories can be built about what specific AI they were able to do this too.
The one they did it to before: Megaera.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #19 on: <03-03-18/0650:12> »
Here's mine:

Fastjack hasn't been overwritten by CFD.  He was recruited by De La Mar to create the new iteration of the Matrix and to ensure that all of the tricks used by Shadowrunners are accounted for.  In future when your Decker "bypasses" security measure they are actually using routes monitored by GOD who will silently follow your actions.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #20 on: <04-05-18/2326:13> »
Just to clarify, favorite Plan 9/10 Conspiracies or stuff Plan 9/10 should be sweeping the DOX for?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."