NEWS

Great Dragon Aban (from Earthdawn)

• 4 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <05-30-18/0917:29> »
Hi all,

for the need of the final of my current campaign, I need a dead Great Dragon from the 4th World, ideally one that could have been killed and snatched by Verjigorm. For all of those reason, Aban seems like a good target. As far as I know (and I could find), Aban has never emerged again in the lore of the 6th World, so it is a safe bet to think that it might be dead... Or (like Dunklezahn) did it simply change name?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #1 on: <05-30-18/0932:14> »
Not to be rude, but, couldn't you just come up with a dragon?  If it's one that needs to have been dead (and thus, not have been doing anything) and is from the 4th World, which isn't technically canon to Shadowrun anymore and is a period that people apparently forgot actually had magic and stuff, why not just make one up from scratch?  Or is one of your players a hardcore Earthdawn fanboy who'll hit you with sticks if you do that?
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-30-18/0945:59> »
Of course, I can, but I like to use the lore. Also, it provides me a description of the dragon, a little bit of backstory on how it may have been snagged by Verjigorm and so on... Even if the dragon is basically hanging in a bag, dead, during the game, this kind of details brings a lot to the table (btw, that is why most TV shows / Movie have "bible" document FAR more than what is shown in the story).

It also means that if my players decides to investigate who this dragon was, I don't need to come up with anything else. Like for instance, reading the available material (for Earthdawn) for Aban will give me the relationship to other dragons (like Ghostwalker).

Also, as the IP of Earthdawn and Shadowrun have been split, there is very few chances for any of the "forgotten" dragons of Earthdawn to ever appear again in the lore (well, at least, not under their Earthdawn name).

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-30-18/1002:27> »
He's not one of the known great dragons in Shadowrun.

I'd go ahead and use him.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-30-18/1007:51> »
Cool! Thanks for the info :)