NEWS

Drones ... MP questions

• 18 Replies

Dunedon

• Newb
« on: <02-07-17/0941:57> »
I looked through the unofficial errata and answered a couple of my questions but I still have two I'm not sure on:

1) If a drone doesn't have MP listed in brackets do I assume it has all available or none available?

2) can I mount vehicle mods on a drone? specifically a retrans unit?

Thanks in advance :)

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <02-07-17/1124:19> »
1) all points are available.

2) yes and yes, the example even mentions it mounted on a drone.(and one of the bigger Drones has it as standard upgrade if i remember correctly)

Dunedon

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-07-17/1136:44> »
Thanks ... one more question,

Am I correct in a assuming that standard modifications subtract from the modifaction points available for vehicles?

For example the Dodge Charger has a Body 12 ... it has 4 standard, external weapon mounts for a total of 8 points, meaning it would only have 4 weapon mod points remaining?

---
And an unrelated connection. If I get the faraday cage option for the charger, and then run a wire out I can connect my RCC and be able to control my drones (I'm fairly sure) ... could I run a wire to a touch plate, and use that with the Skinlink echo, to enter the matrix using my living persona (technomancer obviously)?
« Last Edit: <02-07-17/1155:38> by Dunedon »

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <02-07-17/1203:54> »
You are correct, you can also remove the standard modifications after purchase to "regain" the mod points and put something else in the vehicle.

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-11-17/2135:16> »
For example the Dodge Charger has a Body 12 ... it has 4 standard, external weapon mounts for a total of 8 points, meaning it would only have 4 weapon mod points remaining?

---
And an unrelated connection. If I get the faraday cage option for the charger, and then run a wire out I can connect my RCC and be able to control my drones (I'm fairly sure) ... could I run a wire to a touch plate, and use that with the Skinlink echo, to enter the matrix using my living persona (technomancer obviously)?
Actually I'm fairly sure that you will have the full 12 weapon points. The standard gear isn't modded on there after the fact, it's build in from the start, the whole car is designed with it in mind. And I don't think you can remove it. Or if you remove it, you won't get any points back at least.

For your second question: I don't see a reason why not, but why would you even want to install a Faraday cage in the first place, if all you do is build in everything to circumvent it right away?
But also consider the thematical implication. Your technomancer, who feels the matrix like we see and hear and taste willingly sits down in a place that basically completely blinds him to that sensation?

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-11-17/2243:45> »
So whats the mp cost of a rigger cocoon?

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-12-17/0143:46> »
So whats the mp cost of a rigger cocoon?
Two vehicle modification slots.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-16-17/0801:05> »
So 2 MP?

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <02-22-17/1835:23> »

---
Actually I'm fairly sure that you will have the full 12 weapon points. The standard gear isn't modded on there after the fact, it's build in from the start, the whole car is designed with it in mind. And I don't think you can remove it. Or if you remove it, you won't get any points back at least.

They even list it as standard equipment not as mods so I'll agree that they don't take up mods slots. If they do take up mod slots then that should have explicitly been stated in the book.  A offical/semi-offical ruling might be nice though

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <03-03-17/0630:21> »

---

They even list it as standard equipment not as mods so I'll agree that they don't take up mods slots. If they do take up mod slots then that should have explicitly been stated in the book.  A offical/semi-offical ruling might be nice though
Little bit late, but here I am again :)

I guess I'd best compare it to guns and gun mods. A Ares Predator comes with a smartlink, but still has all mod slots available. An Ares Alpha comes with an underbarrel grenade launcher, still has the underbarrel slot available. Those are intergral parts of the gun, specifically molded to this one gun and only this gun. It's not some after-market mods that need to confirm to standardized specs to be able to be interchangable.

The same would apply to mods on cars/drones and standard gear.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <03-03-17/0836:29> »
Little bit late, but here I am again :)

I guess I'd best compare it to guns and gun mods. A Ares Predator comes with a smartlink, but still has all mod slots available. An Ares Alpha comes with an underbarrel grenade launcher, still has the underbarrel slot available. Those are intergral parts of the gun, specifically molded to this one gun and only this gun. It's not some after-market mods that need to confirm to standardized specs to be able to be interchangable.

The same would apply to mods on cars/drones and standard gear.

I'm not the one who knows this one for certain, but, to my knowledge, that's incorrect. I know that the drones have their space reduced by the onboard mods. Other vehicles *should* have the reduction, as should guns. The idea that an Ares Alpha could have an underbarrel grenade launcher and then strap *another* one under that just sounds ludicrous. Again, not my area so, not an official ruling by any means, but, as a player and GM? No, no, a thousand times no.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-03-17/1155:05> »
@Quatar
There's separate threads arguing about weapons and slots... this OP is asking about drones so we shouldn't add in a different argument.

I side with the stuff that's added to vehicle takes up mod slots of the vehicle.
But that's just me, personally.
I don't believe that the rules address it definitively.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-03-17/1844:57> »
I'm not the one who knows this one for certain, but, to my knowledge, that's incorrect. [...] The idea that an Ares Alpha could have an underbarrel grenade launcher and then strap *another* one under that just sounds ludicrous. Again, not my area so, not an official ruling by any means, but, as a player and GM? No, no, a thousand times no.
Mounts: [...] Integral accessories (those that come with the weapon) don’t take up mount locations.
Unless this line of the core book (p417) has been superseded, then it's still possible.

So 2 MP?
Apples and oranges.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-03-17/2003:57> »
The Ares Alpha isn't described as having an integral grenade launcher, though, it's described as having an underbarrel grenade launcher.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <03-03-17/2013:56> »
Doesn't matter.

(those that come with the weapon)