NEWS

New forum themes

• 13 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <01-31-11/1743:02> »
As part of our recent upgrade in forum software, we've installed some new themes (including a new default theme that hopefully you've noticed). Check them out in your profile category (look under profile, then summary, then modify profile, then look and layout), and have fun customizing the look of the forums!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

AJCarrington

« Reply #1 on: <01-31-11/1940:23> »
I'm liking this theme a lot more than the previous one.

AJC

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <01-31-11/1945:37> »
I'm working on a JackPoint theme as well. I had completed it and sent it to Jason, but (just my luck ;)) I designed it for V1 and it doesn't work for V2. As soon as I get it updated, I'll send it off to Jason and see if we can't get it running.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-31-11/2024:50> »
I am rocking DarkModern.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-31-11/2313:35> »
(including a new default theme that hopefully you've noticed)

Have no idea what you are talking about.   8)

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #5 on: <02-02-11/1601:28> »
The gray on gray silver modern theme makes it so that you can't see links embedded in text.

By that I mean there is no distinction between what is a link and what isn't.

Paul

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <02-03-11/2111:23> »
We put another one up, (Jackpoint) but it's not working right. Work in Progress. Will post an update when it's behaving properly.

Paul

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-03-11/2136:46> »
The gray on gray silver modern theme makes it so that you can't see links embedded in text.

By that I mean there is no distinction between what is a link and what isn't.

Links now show up in a subtle purple. Does that color work for people?

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Paul

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <02-03-11/2232:38> »
And George fixed it. Check out the Fastjack theme.

Paul

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <02-03-11/2240:53> »
And George fixed it. Check out the Fastjack theme.

Paul
As a sidenote, if you have the Shadowrun and Decker fonts installed on your system (and allow you're browser to display the webpage's fonts), it will use those fonts for the theme.

Paul

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <02-04-11/0035:16> »
As a sidenote, if you have the Shadowrun and Decker fonts installed on your system (and allow you're browser to display the webpage's fonts), it will use those fonts for the theme.

Now, if you were truly awesome, you'd link to said fonts. So I guess you're settling for just "OK" huh? ;p

Paul

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <02-04-11/0800:55> »

Now, if you were truly awesome, you'd link to said fonts. So I guess you're settling for just "OK" huh? ;p

Paul
Sorry, I was assuming that all the forum members were such hard-core SR fans, that they'd already have those fonts installed. ;D

But for those of you that don't have them, here they are: SR Fonts

I feel, as my duty as a Web Designer, the need to warn users: I put the SR fonts into the theme for authenticity. They are, however, not necessarily the best fonts for a forum (or a computer monitor, as a matter of fact), so you may not want to switch over.

AJCarrington

« Reply #12 on: <02-04-11/1725:12> »
Thanks for the links...somehow had lost Wordman's site.  Glad to have it back...  ;)

AJC

Rascal

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <05-03-11/1325:04> »
How irritating. I just realized those fonts can´t seem to manage the scandinavian å, ä, ö... Ah, well, I just have to write my campaign notes in English, then.
"If you don´t stop driving through walls I´m going to start rolling for the van to explode - this is an American game!"