NEWS

Astral ways- Tandorans (spoilers)

• 7 Replies

mik212

• Newb
« on: <02-25-23/0016:16> »
I um.... I dont want to spoil anything (I also can't seem to figure out the format for spoilers on here ).....

but I think they just put the T'skrang (a main playable race from Earthdawn) back into the Shadowrun universe.

I know the connection isn't considered official anymore and I haven't played Earthdawn. But the descriptions match to well and the history makes sense. Kinda.

Basically says a great dragon took their eggs into a metaplane and raised them there. They have a whole society there and talk about the "Great Return" to Earth.

It's also a Dinosaur metaplane so there is another interpretation. But they are river faring and artistic lizard people.
« Last Edit: <02-25-23/0028:20> by mik212 »

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-27-23/0948:57> »
The T'skrang have been in the Shadowrun world for a long time.  There have been references in Shadowrun to all the Earthdawn races since, well, whenever Earthdawn came out. 

For what it's worth, Simon Andrews is a Fixer in Missions and is clearly a T'skrang.  He's been around since 4rth edition.  https://www.worldanvil.com/hero/166edcad-f6fd-48a3-a193-11142377b889

*shrug*  Not sure what the actual details on the IP split will let CGL state explicitly or just hint around at.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-27-23/1159:13> »
Yes, they're meant to be a way for Cliff to bring in T'skrang without bringing in T'skrang, which are a FASA property.

https://youtu.be/ojD3lpzWhdw?list=PLLyRFLHROONvJ5GFetyVKMvq-O2r2BZZ8&t=1964

mik212

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-27-23/1931:14> »
Ah full on writer confirmation. Very nice. Thank you Omae.

I only got into Shadowrun lore a few years ago and am not overly familiar with all the older stuff. I know less about Earthdawn but loves the connection between the two.. I knew enough that Simon Andrews kinda tilted my head but he was also stated to be a changeling. Which at the time seemed kind to be more random traits. I figured he was just an homage and not an actual member.

Still I very much enjoy them being here as I like to consider most Earthdawn stuff real in my headcanon.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-01-23/1426:57> »
I've always presumed Simon Andrews is called a changeling because they can't use the word T'skrang.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #5 on: <03-06-23/1746:44> »

For what it's worth, Simon Andrews is a Fixer in Missions and is clearly a T'skrang.  He's been around since 4rth edition.  https://www.worldanvil.com/hero/166edcad-f6fd-48a3-a193-11142377b889

Officially he is SURGEd, if I recall correctly.  (also pretty sure that he dies at the end of the Chicago missions, which is a shame because he was a great NPC)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-06-23/1759:56> »
Officially Simon is still in 6th edition Missions.  The exact endings of the Chicago arc vary from game to game depending on how the last couple Missions shake out.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-24-23/0805:08> »
Late to the party I know...

I'd like to input Tandorans onto my excel generator, but not sure where to place them with regards to Adjustment points and I'm not sure it's clear?!?  I was going to put them in the same category as elves as that seems to work but was wondering if there was a more official view?!?

Thanks

A
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36