NEWS

Client Question

• 5 Replies

voltronx

• Newb
« on: <12-30-14/0300:01> »
Can you used the "Got your backs" perk on the client to heal him out of staggered. Thanks

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #1 on: <12-30-14/1541:38> »
Interesting question... I hope a designer will answer it.

I will try an answer but I might be wrong. The mission says : "If the Client is staggered, the mission ends in a loss." So I would suppose that this means that as soon the Client is staggered, you lose. Since "Got your backs" needs a staggered runner, it has to be used once a runner (or the client in your situation) is effectively staggered and making you lose the game automatically before you have a chance to use your ability.

Long story short : it all depends of how to time the actions. Does the "Game over because client is staggered"-effect resolve before any other ability effects can be used? I would say "yes" but I might be wrong here.

voltronx

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-30-14/1816:37> »
Thanks for your response. This issue came in our last game, since the client is a runner. The rules do say that the client counts as a runner and can be assisted, healed, and even affected  by the crossfire cards. Hopefully I get a response from a designer. Weird because in the client's card, there is a "staggered" symbol. Why would it be there ? Wouldn't the rules say : when the client falls below 1 health, the mission is over.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <12-30-14/1826:22> »
Weird because in the client's card, there is a "staggered" symbol. Why would it be there ? Wouldn't the rules say : when the client falls below 1 health, the mission is over.

Probably the "staggered" symbol and mentions are there for consistency with the theme and the rest of the rules. But I do agree that your suggestion ("...falls below 1 health...") would resolve any questions on that matter.

SevenSpirits

• Newb
  • Crossfire Co-Designer
« Reply #4 on: <12-30-14/1944:56> »
Yeah, the game ends immediately when the client is staggered.

The "staggered" symbol serves the same purpose as the "critical" symbols on runner cards - it's there to mark the end.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <12-30-14/2107:32> »
Thinking more and more about adding "Got your back" to my arsenal, so I thank you for that answer. :)