NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

0B

« Reply #555 on: <01-06-20/1812:10> »
Well, you know what they say, better to ask forgiveness than permission.

This is a PDF containing all the errata posted on this thread pertaining to the 5E CRB, in one place.

Seriously, if there are any legal issues, I will take it down.

This is a bit sketchier than the German 6e errata since that errata wasn't taken from anywhere, it was manually created by D4rvill comparing changes. The English fixes were my original phrasing for it, and mechanics can't be copyrighted. This, however, uses the original phrasing of firebug and Patrick Goodman, which is a bit sketchier copyright-wise, even if it's still just mechanics and was posted for public use. IANAL, and I don't feel like getting involved in any copyright issues over this. This was created purely for the convenience of the community, but I do not wish to disrespect the IP of the users who created the errata.

Aranduin

• Newb
« Reply #556 on: <06-21-20/1858:51> »
I really want to read the errata team review. I think it would be an unfortunate waste to lose that data.

I hope the errata team post their work, because I dont think Catalyst do it.

As Jayde Moon said upthread, it's actually not dead.  It's just that since his posting in May, a new edition surprised us by becoming a thing and 5e errata has gone to the back burner and 6we errata has been our priority.

Good afternoon
9 months have passed. Is there any chance of seeing the errata team review?
I no longer ask for a review by Catalyst but simply to post the material and we can use it. We don't all use the sixth edition.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #557 on: <01-25-21/0841:33> »

So, just releasing this "as is" now instead of in a few years, when no one cares anymore and the work will be wasted, would probably be the better solution for both the players and the members of the errata team.

So, any chance that the 5e stuff will get to the public?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #558 on: <01-25-21/1123:01> »
So, any chance that the 5e stuff will get to the public?
Here you go

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #559 on: <02-23-21/1333:17> »
So, no compiled errata for the other books? Sad day.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Valis

• Newb
« Reply #560 on: <04-10-21/1004:00> »
Got to admit it's more than a little sad to see CGL still selling 5e with known typoes and other errata things that would have taken an hour at best per book for someone to fix in the weeks immediately after the books dropped. Especially given people give them the exact line and text to ctrl-f to usually. Though one of my "favourites" has to be the Browning Ghost in Street Lethal, not even half a page passes before it can't decide if changing state is a complex or simple action... Which is a heck of an important difference.