NEWS

vehicle and barrier rules or Did I do this right?

• 0 Replies

brombur

• Newb
« on: <03-07-18/1231:27> »
Just wanted to ask is I got the rules on this right.

My team was trying to stop a shipment of Bunraku Slaves coming into town via tractor trailer. They tried two things, shooting the driver and shooting out the tires.

TO resolves this I used the barrier rules for the glass, making the runners attack the driver, using the barrier to resist and reduce damage. Here were my steps

runner makes shooting roll, determine hits and use that to set damage

Take damage from the shot and use the armored glass ratings to see if it penetrates. if not the shot does nothing. if so proceed to reduce damage based on the glass ratings.

Any damage not soaked in excess of the glass' structure is transferred to the driver who then gets his own roll to soak damage.

for the shots against the tires I followed the same structure except their wasn't any transfer damage. I destroyed a tire for ever 8 dmg dealt.

I think this was correct please let me know if I am wrong.

Also the following situation came up with the glass. Since it took more than its structure in damage the driver got hit but that only accounts for a small section of glass that was peirced
for subsequent shots I didn't think it felt right that the glass would be useless but also it wouldnt be full strength so I reduced its armor by a 2 for each hit that penetrated until
it took 3 hits then it became useless.

Just curious if there were rules, either house or written to determine this?