NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1200 on: <08-10-13/0734:25> »
"Thank you Ms. Delavine" said Clementine. She then asked the group "So what do we do first when we touch down?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1201 on: <08-10-13/0739:25> »
"Soon as I know where we're touching down, I can arrange for transport and overwatch.  Question is, though, what we're planning to do past that.  We need a plan, and we're still way too light on information for my liking."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1202 on: <08-10-13/0741:27> »
"I would say we visit a certain warehouse and get our gear back," Sammy said, "Maybe there's guards there and they know something.  Otherwise we can always announce we're back in town and see who takes an interest.  Not the best plan, I admit, but we can use it as fallback option if we don't have anything else."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1203 on: <08-10-13/0808:04> »
"I vote for the warehouse, but we can't go there empty-handed" said the Ork. "I say we visit Con's friend and get some form of gear before paying the warehouse a visit."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1204 on: <08-10-13/0836:41> »
Sam leaned back. "I've got a couple of friends who should be able to help us on the information side, Red. One of them even went through the interview, but didn't make it--lucky for her, I guess. Seems there was a certain bias against Amerinds; that may be significant."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1205 on: <08-10-13/0953:35> »
"Puyallup Barrens is as good as you get, Homes.  I don't even know myself, I just pick a good LZ.  Don't like to have anybody meeting us anyway, keeps the Legend alive and growing." you hear Jesus in you headset.  You street sense fills in the rest of the explanation, that it also keeps any nefarious activity against him to a minimum.

"5 to blackout, if it ain't strapped down, strap it down, or else you won't have it when we land."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1206 on: <08-10-13/1034:55> »
Clementine is sure to strap herself down and makes sure the Ruger won't fall from sketchy manoeuvres.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1207 on: <08-10-13/1412:20> »
Strapping himself in, Heron nods slightly. "Well, at least Puyallup is close to home. Whatever we do, lets do it quickly once we get there. I think I'm going to go to ground for a while once I'm clear of this, just in case."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1208 on: <08-10-13/1544:02> »
O'Connor strapped in and tightened his grip on the rifle, "Never thought I'd be so happy to see a shithole like Puyallup."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1209 on: <08-11-13/0206:11> »
Fionn fired off a couple messages in continuation of his earlier conversations while he strapped himself in.

@Agrona: <<Gonna be coming into the Puyallup Barrens soon - if you've got anything in the area, I can follow up with more details when I've got them.>>

@Creidhne: "My companions and I will soon be arriving in the area known as the Puyallup Barrens in the city of Seattle.  If your offer is still on the table, we can offer our services in the acquisition of a new vessel in exchange."

Fionn turned to Sam - this could be the exact break that they needed.  "That's huge - if you can get me something to work with, we won't have to be running blind anymore.  Any details you can get from her could be important.  Given that we've got a lead now, though, it would make a lot of sense to wait until we've actually got some information...  Running in blind could get us killed."
« Last Edit: <08-11-13/0424:28> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1210 on: <08-12-13/2304:29> »
Before any of you get return text from your contacts, a strange buzzing fills your ears for a second and you hear Jesus announce "Blackout engaged"

For Fionn, the experience is extremely uncomfortable, and unique.  It is not like being in a dead zone, there is no lack of signal, but the use of his Matrix Perception is akin to being in a bulletproof glass globe with a sirocco going on inside.  He can see the Matrix beyond, but only barely, and it looks completely unaffected by his predicament, but he can't interact with it in anyway.  The only real solution is to close off these senses, to protect them from being scraped raw by the stinging sand, but that is not something he is capable of doing, even if he wanted to.

While the technomancer is processing the change to his world, the rest of you of get a similar sensation as the The Ghost takes a left leaning dive and begins to barrel towards the ground hundreds of feet below, gaining speed every second.  Before you truly can register what is happening, you pull out of the dive and start swinging back and forth under the spinning rotors, still gaining speed.

Matty is the first to recover enough to speak, his ork physiology and experience with G-crushing t-birds giving him a edge. "JESUS! (G-Zus) What the hell are you DOING?!?!?" he screams into the mike.

"NAW MAN!!  IT'S PRONOUCED HEY-SOOSE!! GOTTA BE WHERE THE SCREENS SAY WE AIN'T IF WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT ACROSS HOMES!! S'ALL PART OF THE MAGIC!!"

When you are able to keep your eyes open, you see the world ripping by the bay doorways frighteningly close.  You stomach never gets a good chance to settle before being ripped in a new direction.  Looking out the front is no help, as you are constantly hurtling straight into solid objects before lurching past at the last possible second.  The few times you break into open sky you can see Oz glittering in the night, but it is no comfort as the sight is always a prelude to another heart stopping dive.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1211 on: <08-12-13/2339:45> »
Sam grinned despite his lurching stomach. This Jesus really knew how to impress--not just his flying style, but also being willing to bet 10 grand in the hopes of getting a date from Sammy. Wonder how jealous he'd be if he knew I'd gotten to spend most of a day with her naked? he mused to himself.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1212 on: <08-13-13/0045:06> »
When the blackout kicked in, before the first dive, Fionn started cursing in some combination of English, Gaelic, and Sperethiel - or at least, everyone in the helicopter is reasonably sure that's what he's doing.  Trying to regain his composure, he wracked his brain trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

[spoiler]Knowledge rolls: Matrix Security; Matrix Phenomena (5d6.hits(5)=3, 7d5.hits(5)=0)[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1213 on: <08-13-13/0143:52> »
After she got over the shock of what that crazy-ass pilot was doing, Sammy was actually enjoying it.  It reminded her of all those Horizon theme park rides, but without the annoying advertising.  And the possibility of fiery vehicular death made it also a lot more intense.  She just hoped the airframe would be able to keep up.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1214 on: <08-13-13/0420:54> »
"If these shenanigans are his idea of "keeping the legend alive", I'm not buying it" thought Clementine, trying to make sure the few things she had didn't fall.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix