NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #930 on: <06-21-13/0109:44> »
O'Connor smirked, "They try an' get between us and our ride outta here, they ain't gonna have time to regret it,"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #931 on: <06-21-13/0433:02> »
"Wish we could get one of the mages to conceal the vehicle...  Hm...  Perhaps..."  Fionn fired off a message to the other group, meant for hte mages.

<<We may be a bit obvious - spirit assistance possible?>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #932 on: <06-21-13/1618:40> »
Hearing the message, Heron concentrates for a moment, but hisses in pain as the drain hits him.

<<Not on my end. They aren't listening right now.>>

<OOC> Trying to summon F5 Spirit of Air. 0 hits, not a glitch.
10d6.hits(5)=0

Spirit's roll. 2 hits.
5d6.hits(5)=2

Resist 4P drain. 2 hits.
12d6.hits(5)=2
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #933 on: <06-24-13/1123:01> »
Out in the parking lot a smile has returned to Mazzarini's face, not the "let's be friends" fake smile that he had in the diner, but the look of devil rat that has just spotted a wounded pigeon.  "Certainly Mr J, let's just make sure about the color of you cred.  Considering the full boat, risk and timetable, I think a hundred grand for a hop into Seattle is  fair."

Sam's face remained calm. "Mr. Mazzarini, you disappoint me. You have already made it quite clear that you are planning on using..."disposable" assets for this undertaking; as such, your expenses should prove to be quite minimal. And, as I indicated, my obligations are not so pressing as to require that I pay such an extortionate rate." Hell, for that much I could probably charter a flight and go in comfort, he thought to himself.

Trusting his luck and natural bravado, he continued. "If you wish to keep this job and have some hope of being engaged again in the future, I strongly suggest you rethink your offer. Allow me to suggest that--given your description of the planned accommodations and the inconvenient delivery location--one thousand per passenger is more than fair. Half paid upon satisfactory completion of the voyage, of course."

[spoiler]Edging the negotiation roll, because I strongly doubt we can afford to pay anywhere near what this grease-stain is asking: 19d6.hitsopen(5,6)=11
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #934 on: <06-24-13/1253:26> »
"Just a second," Sammy said in the comm, before turning to Sam, "Excuse me, Mr. J.  I have to make a call.  If you could excuse me for a second."

She went behind the building where there were no, or at least very few, windows and started her spirit call.  She quickly summoned a spirit of man.
"Okay, I have a spirit here," she said over the comm, "Where are you guys."
When she got a location, she instructed the spirit to go to that location and conceal their car and themselves with his power of concealment, and if that didn't work, to use improved invisibility.  And to follow them using these powers when and if they moved.  This until she called him back or the sun went down, whichever came first.  As she could give him both a location and the rest of the team's astral signature, he would be able to find them.

"Your spirit aide is on its way," she said in the comm, before going back to the negotiations.

[spoiler]
summoning force 5 spirit of man with optional power: innate spell (improved invisibility):
magic 5 + summoning 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=5)

spirit resistance 5 (5d6.hits(5)=1)
glitch
@Crossbow: does the spirit spent edge to remove the glitch or not?  Your call.

Drain 1:
drain: willpower 4 + logic 4 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=2)
no drain.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-24-13/1609:11> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #935 on: <06-24-13/2157:48> »
“I disappoint you? I DISAPPOINT YOU?  You insult me!  You have done it since you showed up.   You’ve insulted my intelligence!  You’ve insulted my place of business!  You’ve insulted my capabilities! You’ve insulted my employees! You have insulted my professionalism!

He stops pacing and points at Sam with the cigarette,”The only thing keeping me from having you dealt with in a manner most uncomfortable for you and pleasing to me is the POSSIBILITY you might be worth a decent payday for me.”

He points at Matty, “I haven’t heard from that kid since he got out of stir, thought he went legit, and he calls me today and tells me he needs a command performance by one of my best assets, tonight, no questions asked.”

His hand swings around to point at Sammy, “Then she shows up and you want to act like I don’t know who she is and what you got going, gimme a break.”  He is now back to pointing at Torley, “You may think that somebody around here wants to fall all over themselves and do for you like they do down in La-La Land, that ain’t gonna happen.  Here you pay for service, you pay more for speed, you pay even more for silence and you fraggin’ pay when you piss somebody off.”

[spoiler]
<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4103677/">10d6.hits(5)=1</a>
[/spoiler]

The fixer starts to walk back towards the diner, then turns around, his anger spent, “You are gonna pay me for my trouble, my cut don’t change, but you wanna piss off your pilot and short change him, go ahead.  The cost of the hop is fifty grand, I want half before you leave here, you give the other half to the pilot or he is gonna drop your hoops in the Pacific far enough out that swimming ain’t an option.  You don’t wanna do business with me?  I ain’t good enough?  Better stick your thumb out cuz that is the only way you are gonna find a ride outta here, count on that.”

Mazzarini then flicks the lit smoke in Torley’s direction, and walks back into the diner. The muscle follows to the door and stays there, clearly stating with his stance and the held bare SMG that you are not welcome to renter the establishment.

« Last Edit: <06-24-13/2202:08> by Crossbow »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #936 on: <06-25-13/0057:05> »
"Alright, that should help matters...  Sammy's sending a spirit to help keep us from being seen.  Given the age of this thing, might actually be easier for the spirit to do its work on it."  Then, growing a little frustrated not knowing what was going on, he fired off a second message - knowing full well that without AR, DNI, or subvox, a response might take some time.

<<Any chance on a status update?>>
« Last Edit: <06-25-13/0300:55> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #937 on: <06-25-13/1304:23> »
Watching the fixer stalk back into the diner, Sam sighed. "I don't suppose you could...I don't know, turn his hair bright pink or something, could you?" he said to Sammy as they walked over to Johnny and Matty.

Once they together, he quickly filled Johnny in. "Best he's willing to do is a one-way hop to Puyallap, no amenities. 25k down, 25 on arrival. I think we need to discuss with the others before making a call either way."

Turning to Matthew, he continued, "Thanks for putting this together, whatever we end up doing. Especially after doing some time. Your sister said you'd been on our side of the law before; I didn't realize you'd been in the joint as well. Shows a fair bit of courage to be willing to go back into the shadows after something like that." Looking at him directly, he said, "You've seen enough now that I'm sure you're making a bunch of guesses right now, some of which are more correct than others. Let me set a few things straight. As you've no doubt figured out by now, we're not working on a trid--though Sammy here really is Ms. Delavine. We are from Seattle, and we were working on a job which went south, stranding us out here with no resources. We've got a lead on where our stuff is--and hopefully that'll be where the people who did this to us are--but that's back in Tacoma. Which is where we're trying to go. We don't want to cause trouble out here." His tone clearly implied trouble was planned for whoever was in Tacoma. "You've been helpful, and I'd love to reward you for that--but at this point, it looks like the best I can offer you is your choice of two options: one, you go home to your sister and...what was your term? nene? and never hear from us again--or two, you come with us and see what the shadows have to offer."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #938 on: <06-25-13/2333:33> »
Matty looked ready to get kicked to the curb when Torley first started talking to him, but as the gist of the conversation came to him he stood a little straighter.

"The reme ason I got sent to the joint was because I was working with losers like these.  Even if I didn't mess up your action by telling Mazzarini too much I'd be down, but now I owe you guys for messing up, Besides, it ain't like I got a lot of options, and if you guys can get into the Seattle shadows maybe I can make some real money to take care of my family."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #939 on: <06-26-13/0143:33> »
Sammy had also come closer after sending of her spirit.
"Think carefully, kid," she said, "the real shadows ain't like the trids and trust me, I know."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #940 on: <06-26-13/1418:43> »
Johnny's jaw clenched as Sam offered Matty his choices. "Sam we really need to work on your definition of a thank you because that one was one of the worst I've ever heard." Johnny was radiating cold anger, enough to make Torley wonder if the temperature dropped a few degrees. He took a deep calming breath and smiled "but we can talk about that later if you want."
He pulled off his glasses to look Matty in the eyes "I just made you a promise kid and I want to keep it. So I'm gonna level with you, you have a opportunity to go straight and have a family. A opportunity to not have to worry about cops or security forces or leaving your little sister wondering if your alive or dead. Or you can take up with us. Depending on if you live through this job and you get paid and not back stabbed and killed or left naked in the middle of nowhere. You can probably look forward to a short and possibly brutal life filed with death, where you'll grow increasingly cynical and paranoid just to survive. You can have a real life or you can have a life in the shadows." He paused and slid his sunglasses back on "Either way you can't say I didn't warn you." He leaned back against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #941 on: <06-26-13/1643:04> »
Matty looks at the three of you, for the first time feeling like he is a part of the team and not working to earn his keep.

"I really appreciate you guys trying to look out for me, but in case you haven't heard, us orks don't have anything but short, brutal lives.  Look, I ain't trying to get with this cloak and dagger stuff, but I know that once I get out of here I can get a new ID and maybe find a chop shop to work in, maybe even go legit that way, sort of.  Inside the shadows or out, my options are a lot better there than here.  Look, I do tools, not guns, and it was looking like I was going to go this route anyway.  Meeting you might be the only way I do it right."

Matty thinks a moment and reaches behind him, pulling out the piece he had stowed, a Ruger Super Warhawk, he offers it to the group.  "Like I said I do tools, not guns, but some guys had been working on me to join a crew as muscle.  I do't even know how to use this thing."

"Look, if it helps at all, I know this guy we are flying with, that is why I asked for him, he ain't a local and his ride is top notch from what I heard.  Forget what Mazzarini said, he won't screw us over, but the other stuff is true, Tony runs things around here, he can shut us down if we don't work with him, or make it just as expensive to try another route, just for his own kicks"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #942 on: <06-26-13/2045:00> »
Clementine lets out a sigh before saying "Looks like we're going to be here for a while. How about we play ten questions? Let me start the ball." She then looks at Fionn through the rear-view mirror. "Red, are you from Seattle?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #943 on: <06-26-13/2117:14> »
"That like 20 questions with half as many?  You know, just yes and no answers?  Because if it is: Not from Seattle."  The Dublin part of his accent came through a touch more thickly, largely just because he was amused.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #944 on: <06-26-13/2321:12> »
"Ten is fine" answers Clementine. "Your turn."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix