NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #435 on: <02-21-13/1506:10> »
"OH the Players are doing "Midsummer Night's Dream" this Friday!  My fiance has the lead, please come he would be SOOO thrilled!"  Without even waiting for an answer he goes into barrage of questions you have answered a thousand times on press tours.  Yes the new Neil is so cutting edge, no Karl has not has work done (a lie), yes he does his own stunts (true suprisingly), yadda yadda yadda.

As he blathers on a few of the patrons come up to snap shots on their comms and pass scraps of paper to sign, typical stuff.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #436 on: <02-21-13/1556:38> »
Sam's smile widened at the cook's reaction, but he kept working on the waitress. "Alice, is it? Sweetheart, I'm telling you you've got something special. Have you ever been out to the city? Well, never mind; if Ms. Delavine agrees to work here, we'll bring the city to you. Just wait until I show you to Dom; he'll flip out. I've seen lots of talent, baby, and let me tell you, you've got something that none of those hyper-augmented starlets could even dream of!" Pulling her gently off to the side so that the rest of the team could get to the table with Sammy (and, incidentally, away from her fellow waitress), he continued, "Honey, you're wasted out here; I can see that already. You've got the looks, the grace; have you ever considered a life in the trids? Of course you have; no one like you could possibly not realize that she was destined for so much more than this sleepy little town; I'm sure nothing exciting happens around here, am I right?"

[spoiler]Crossbow, Sam's found his first mark to pump for information. He'll keep her monopolized, fill her head with dreams of stardom, and try to steer her to answering questions about life in Yakima, if anything unusual/out of the ordinary has been happening recently, and get the who's who if he can. (As a waitress, she probably knows a lot of people at least in passing.)

Not sure how much of this you want me to keep roleplaying. :)
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #437 on: <02-21-13/1850:20> »
It is uncomfortable at first for those of you unused to such attention, especially to those who livlihood and or freedom depends on staying out of the limelight,  but you begin to realize that almost no one is paying the rest of you the slightest bit of mind as long as Miss Delavane is holding court.  It is an interesting lesson to learn that the shadows can sometimes be deepest at the foot of a spotlight.  You begin to relax as food is brought out for you, lunch specials for most, with vegetarian options available.  There is something of a stir for a moment, Rudy has gotten it into his head that Samantha is an adherent to the "Turbo Menu", the current star-powered dietary trend, and worries she will walk out because of the inadequacy of his kitchen.

Torley has the waitress sitting on the bench and is quickly finding her a willing and abundant source, he is learning more than he really wants to know about the goings on in this sleepy little town.  Including the identity of the boy who is soon after their arrival, sent dashing from the diner, he is the son of the local peace officer, sent to retrieve his father.  It becomes quickly apparent that it was not a stealth mission, people are coming in to add to the throng of stargazers already present.

The only one really having issues is poor Vera, left to handle all of the customers herself.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #438 on: <02-21-13/2100:05> »
Fionn is a little concerned that perhaps he has lost the touch, after failing to find Creidhne, and not being able to locate the data he needed it was a relief when the comm started ringing at Jimmy's bar.

"Sheleighly's, what the hell do ye want?"  Jimmy's gruff voice sounded distracted, and it wasn't hard to figure out why. The Shamrockers, a group of human ex-pats were battling in the semis of the European Combat League and it looked like they were taking a beating on the live feed Fionn could see over his contact's shoulder.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #439 on: <02-22-13/0519:04> »
"Holy hell man, you must be busy there.  Ya got time for a quick chat?"  Fionn made sure to send through an icon that was recognizably him so that Jimmy would know it was him.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #440 on: <02-22-13/0644:47> »
Jimmy softened a bit when he recognized the young man, "Nah, not so much, but I have a bill or two on the match, whadoya need lad?"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #441 on: <02-22-13/0719:14> »
"Trying to piece something together, actually - some fucker dosed me with laés and dropped me in a dead zone; their idea of a fun joke I guess.  Last I can recall was being there on Sunday for some lunch and/or dinner around 3.  You remember where I went after that?"
« Last Edit: <02-26-13/0201:40> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #442 on: <02-22-13/0801:45> »
Seeing a crowd gather around Sammy made Clementine feel glad she wasn't in show business. There was no way she could handle a sea of raving fans without lashing at a few. It seemed quite stressful but Sammy was handling it like a pro. "She seems born to be in the spotlight that one" thought Clementine. Looking over to the rest of the group, she spotted Sam sweet talking to the waitress. "Is that really necessary?" she asked herself.

She looked around to see if anyone besides the fans was acting suspicious or looked shocked seeing the group.

[SPOILER]Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Actively looking 3 (12d6.hits(5)=3) 3 hits but a glitch [/SPOILER]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #443 on: <02-22-13/1605:57> »
Johnny sat quietly eating and listening to the banter about the table. I wonder how we're gonna cross the border.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #444 on: <02-24-13/0627:08> »
After chatting a bit about a whole lot of nothing, she let drop a small hint that the movie would be touching on smuggling.
"Oh, the producer is still looking for some people who might be willing to offer some technical assistance on that," she asked, making it sound like an afterthought instead of the main issue, "you know, so we have at least the big things right.  It like the things that mages do on trid.  If you tried that in real life, you would probably fry your brain."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #445 on: <02-24-13/2022:38> »
Splitting his attention between his conversation with Johnny and local events, Fionn piped up as though Samantha's comment had reminded him of something.  "Speaking of technical matters, I do need to worry about gear for the crew.  Anywhere good around here to get ahold of tech?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #446 on: <02-25-13/0114:39> »
"Trying to piece something together, actually - some fucker dosed me with laés and dropped me in a dead zone; their idea of a fun joke I guess.  Last I can recall was being there on Sunday for some lunch and/or dinner around 3.  You remember where I went after that?"

"What the hell?  Seriously?  Well, nothing special, you rolled out just before Mikey came in, so before 5, I think you said you had a meet with a Johnson, but you know I don't ask about that stuff, you okay now?"  The match is forgotten and Jimmy looks worried about you.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #447 on: <02-25-13/0123:37> »
Seeing a crowd gather around Sammy made Clementine feel glad she wasn't in show business. There was no way she could handle a sea of raving fans without lashing at a few. It seemed quite stressful but Sammy was handling it like a pro. "She seems born to be in the spotlight that one" thought Clementine. Looking over to the rest of the group, she spotted Sam sweet talking to the waitress. "Is that really necessary?" she asked herself.

She looked around to see if anyone besides the fans was acting suspicious or looked shocked seeing the group.

[SPOILER]Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Actively looking 3 (12d6.hits(5)=3) 3 hits but a glitch [/SPOILER]

You do notice someone on the toughish side a little less concerned with Sammy eyeing the lot off you.  He looks like he has settled his gaze on O'Connor and is approaching cautiously around the crowd.

Unfortunately you are out of position to do much unobtrusively.  You have a seat at the table with Sammy, Rudy and Johnny,  O'Connor is as far from you as possible in the booth with the rest of the group, and tucked up by the window besides.
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/0136:46> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #448 on: <02-25-13/0131:12> »
After chatting a bit about a whole lot of nothing, she let drop a small hint that the movie would be touching on smuggling.
"Oh, the producer is still looking for some people who might be willing to offer some technical assistance on that," she asked, making it sound like an afterthought instead of the main issue, "you know, so we have at least the big things right.  It like the things that mages do on trid.  If you tried that in real life, you would probably fry your brain."
Splitting his attention between his conversation with Johnny and local events, Fionn piped up as though Samantha's comment had reminded him of something.  "Speaking of technical matters, I do need to worry about gear for the crew.  Anywhere good around here to get ahold of tech?"

These requests provoke a new outburst of enthusiasm from the growing fanbase.  Business cards and offers to help the group come from all angles, it is difficult to keep straight who is saying what.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #449 on: <02-25-13/0134:37> »
Clementine casually gets closer to Icarus and whispers to him in Japanese. "See that big guy circling the group over my right shoulder? I have a feeling he's very interested in our convicted friend. Think you can get close to him and "sniff" him out? I'll try to position myself close to O'Connor in case something happen."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix