NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #240 on: <02-06-13/0202:54> »
Following after everyone else, Fionn couldn't help but smile.  As Johnny spoke to him, he turned to reply. "So long as he doesn't bitch and moan about me not being able to help if we run into some trouble, I'm just fine."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #241 on: <02-06-13/0207:08> »
Clementine steals a look towards Sammy, but then quickly shifts her attention back to the path in front of her. "I'm not one for bikinis, I don't have the upper body for it. Actually, I don't like exposing my body more than I have to" she answers. "But I can clearly see you have no issues with yours. As expected from a trid superstar, right?" asks Clementine. It was obviously underhanded, but it was the best way she had of confirming Sammy's identity.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #242 on: <02-06-13/0703:07> »
"You quickly learn not to let it bother you," Sammy said, "If there's a director, a producer, three cameramen, 2 sound men and the lighting guys looking at you.  Actually there were more people looking when I had to do a nude scene than we have here.  And I have a nice body, don't you think?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #243 on: <02-06-13/0739:08> »
"It's definitely nice" answers Clementine, clearly not comfortable with where this conversation is going. "So tell me, miss Delavine, how does a popular and beautiful trid actress such as yourself get in a situation like this? Actually, let me rephrase that. How did you end up in the shadows with the rest of us? It seems so illogical risking your fortunes and your reputation for a few thousand nuyen."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #244 on: <02-06-13/1113:54> »
"Would one prefer a list to choose from?The former would be a matter of honour. The latter, a favour." Ikari replied to the animal spirit.

"Any thoughts floating around on what to do tomorrow?"

Gorean

« Reply #245 on: <02-06-13/1146:36> »
Stopping only to grab what remains of the barghest hide, Heron runs after the coyote spirit.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #246 on: <02-06-13/1231:38> »
"It's a long story," Sammy said, "I'll tell you later.  Now I have to keep some air to keep running."
She wasn't used to running like this.  Mostly in trids they used loops, so you only had to run a short while and they put it in loop.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #247 on: <02-06-13/1530:20> »
"The spirits are known to give riddles not to get them, speak plainly" said the coyote a hint of a growl in his voice.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #248 on: <02-06-13/2022:44> »
"No riddle, spirit. No assumption of needs, either. Just a limitation."

Ikari dropped back towards the rear of the group as he spoke; the spirit's attitude soured the conversation in his eyes, and Sammy's example seemed a good one to follow.
« Last Edit: <02-06-13/2026:39> by Novocrane »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #249 on: <02-06-13/2059:47> »
"Let me know if you need to take a rest, I'll stop with you" says Clementine to Sammy. She preferred going as long as possible, but she didn't like the idea of having one of their two mages exhausted.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #250 on: <02-06-13/2230:02> »
The group arrives at the old hunting lodge just as the sun is starting to reach the horizon.  Frequent breaks had been allowed by the coyote spirit for hydration and rest, but all are still quite exhausted from the day’s exertions.

The spread is a simple and timeless one, log cabin well laid in with chopped wood and basic provisions (dried meat, beans, coffee, salt, flour).  Several pelts and furs are present, as well as basic clothing in sufficient quantity for an acceptable level of modesty to be achieved by all.   A basic pump and trough are available for drinking and simple cleanup, a larger tub hangs on the wall for more extensive efforts, and finally an outhouse, complete with crescent moon cutout, can be seen at the end of a well-worn path into the tree line.

The only compromise to this century (at least the first quarter of it) is an SUV style vehicle parked under an attached lean-to, but otherwise exposed to the weather.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #251 on: <02-06-13/2349:44> »
O'Connor stumbled up to the cabin in an almost zombie-like state. Even with all the breaks, he was drained and his rib cage was protesting all the physical activity. He dropped to his knees in front of the trough, and weakling worked the pump. He was only able to get a small trickle going. He swallowed a few gulps, and wiped the sweat and grim from his face. He moved off to allow the others access to the pump, and rested against the side of the cabin. He held up the rifle, "Someone go check the cabin for more ammo. If I gotta use this, I'd rather have more than five rounds."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #252 on: <02-07-13/0004:53> »
"I'll go. If anyone wants to help, we could cover more ground. Probably get through it quicker, too."

Ikari was bone-tired by the time they arrived, but stopping suddenly was a good way to fall asleep, and that was the last thing he wanted to do before he knew the lay of things, if at all.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #253 on: <02-07-13/0007:50> »
"Wouldn't mind getting a look around myself, but I would suggest we be careful not to abuse our host's hospitality."  Fionn moved to enter the cabin.

"For what it's worth, there's not a scrap of wireless tech around here - not even in the truck.  Guessing we're on manual controls with that."
« Last Edit: <02-07-13/0117:22> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #254 on: <02-07-13/0212:49> »
After the team arrived at the cabin, Clementine noticed O'Connor was panting and generally at the end of his roll. She made a mental note of that.

Upon entering the cabin, she decided to get a change of clothes, always vigilant and careful not to disturb anything.

"I'll check the vehicle, make sure everything works before leaving tomorrow" announced Clem to the rest of the team. She then went to the SUV and conducted a quick inspection of it, making sure everything was in working order.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix