NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1095 on: <04-28-13/2117:21> »
I am saying this out loud instead of a PM because I don't want to have to say it again.  We have recently had a rash in this game of what I call Omniscient PC Syndrome, I do not approve and would appriciate not seeing it anymore.

If you need this condition described it is a character's ability's to know things their player does, but their character would not.  It rears it's head in several forms.  Technical knowledge a player has that suddenly appears in a magazine the otherwise unskilled character happens to have read, a sudden burst of activity of a cautious nature taken by a character when a player is asked a question by the GM or sees him do something behind his screen or acting to get an encounter ready, and the symptom I have noticed creeping in here, players acting to intercede in situations they are not a part of.

I am sympathetic to people wanting to be a part of things or to try and keep a situation from going wrong, but becoming infected by OPCS is not a good answer.  I am doing my best to keep everyone as active as I can, and I will continue to do so, but at some point, you will be waiting in the wings.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1096 on: <04-28-13/2221:09> »
Sorry if OPCS has taken a hold of me, I'll try to keep it in check  :(
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1097 on: <04-29-13/0134:28> »
I try to avoid metagaming, if I am failing I would appreciate it if you'd point where I've erred?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1098 on: <04-29-13/1439:05> »
That came off a little heavier than I wanted it to.  It really isn't a big deal and the situations where it came up were not that critical.  For those worried about who I was addressing, it was Sammy and Heron planning to astral track the Aresmart team and Fionn's text just now.  Like I said, nothing critical, I just wanted to get a jump on the problem.

Speaking of Sammy, farothel, did I miss an expected response by your talismonger contact or did you kinda issue him instructions and say see  ya later?
Because that is what I took it as.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1099 on: <04-29-13/1459:54> »
Crossbow, I have yet to receive a response from you regarding my last IC post.

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1100 on: <04-29-13/1543:43> »
That came off a little heavier than I wanted it to.  It really isn't a big deal and the situations where it came up were not that critical.  For those worried about who I was addressing, it was Sammy and Heron planning to astral track the Aresmart team and Fionn's text just now.  Like I said, nothing critical, I just wanted to get a jump on the problem.

Speaking of Sammy, farothel, did I miss an expected response by your talismonger contact or did you kinda issue him instructions and say see  ya later?
Because that is what I took it as.

Indeed, I just asked him to look into it and I assume that it would take some time before he can come up with an answer, if at all.

As for the metagaming, we were back in the diner without knowing where the rest of the group was.  Going astral to see where they were sounded logical to me, as you can search a lot faster on the astral than in meat space.  Try and find them back.  But I'll try to keep it limited in the future, although I hope this situation wouldn't repeat itself (at least now we have commlinks to keep in touch).  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1101 on: <04-29-13/1559:37> »
Crossbow, I have yet to receive a response from you regarding my last IC post.

Sorry, got lost there, and didn't see this until after I advanced the story, you find writing instruments.  Exchange what you wish to with Clementine by PM and CC me

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1102 on: <04-29-13/1636:01> »
I'd like to call a stop until the GM responds to a PM I just sent him.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1103 on: <04-29-13/1659:23> »
I'd like to call a stop until the GM responds to a PM I just sent him.

Done with the PM we can move it to the OOC thread, as I said in my reply I didn't think you had settled on how to deal with the meet, but Matt would have to drop his sister and Icarus at the theater anyway, so I figured to move planning over there before it got bogged down at the diner.  If you guys figure I was completely out of line, we can erase and correct.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1104 on: <05-01-13/0207:34> »
Apologies, but to be fair I did have a certain reasoning - Fionn seems to have a talent for reading people, and previous behaviour had established Clem and O'Connor as the suspicious sorts.  I'm open to the possibility that it only makes sense to me, though.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1105 on: <05-01-13/0241:03> »
And with Fionn's too on-the-nose message, the suspicious people are now paranoid, or at least my character is.

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1106 on: <05-01-13/0310:02> »
That actually works really well from a character standpoint.  He's got the natural abilities, but not always the experience to make use of those abilities wisely.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1107 on: <05-01-13/0344:53> »
Yeah, Clem is a bit freaked out as well. She's now convinced Fionn was listening in on their conversation, which she will make a point of reminding Fionn never to do again.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1108 on: <05-01-13/1911:05> »
FYI, I've tweaked what Sam said, as the jibe about getting stoned struck me (after the fact) as being a little too close to omniscient PC syndrome. Sam is much more likely to suspect the elf of being drunk, especially since Fionn is still suffering some stun damage, I believe. The wooziness could easily be the result of hitting the bar a tad early. :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1109 on: <05-01-13/1954:58> »
Damn funny either way  ;D