• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #975 on: <03-29-13/0637:45> »
he did already, the description was given a few pages back

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #976 on: <03-31-13/1516:24> »
Sorry this took so long, the Commlinks are 3 across the boardand no presence on databombs.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #977 on: <03-31-13/2008:27> »
Okay Easter and various holidays and spring breaks are over, matrix scouting is done, lemme get a check in from all and sundry and somebody needs to steal some burner links.

Time to shit or get off the pot, nekkid peeples :)

Mirikon (our newest Heron)  you can feel free to speak up and check in as well.  Right now you are sitting in a diner with a movie star, in Yakima Washington getting a free meal, you will probably be doing that for a minute or two.
« Last Edit: <03-31-13/2012:04> by Crossbow »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #978 on: <03-31-13/2221:10> »
Glad to have you on board, Mirikon.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #979 on: <03-31-13/2222:42> »
Glad to have you on board, Mirikon.

Quite so.  Here's hoping we don't need his phonebook, though.  :P
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #980 on: <04-01-13/0437:32> »
Time to shit or get off the pot
I'm out. Moving house, and will be stuck with mobile internet until optus sorts out their holdup.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #981 on: <04-01-13/0501:28> »
I suppose the alternative there (if it works for you and for Crossbow) is moving Icarus temporarily to NPC status until you've got reliable/reasonably priced internet again.  Just a suggestion.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #982 on: <04-01-13/1243:00> »
Sorry for delay. Work schedule was crazified because a coworker was on vacation all week.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #983 on: <04-01-13/1340:55> »
Ok, Sam's latest post is up. Sorry for the long pause, but we've been pushing towards a deadline recently, which we're past now. :)

And Mirikon--welcome on board. :D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #984 on: <04-01-13/1526:28> »
Right, I read through the first couple sixteen pages or so, and the last five. I'll catch up on my reading later, but here's a post, just to keep things in motion. Also, I'll be working up a new mage to replace Heron, when things get to a proper switching point.

My Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #985 on: <04-02-13/0116:25> »
That might be for the best, if Crossbow allows it. We could work it out as one of the characters' contacts arranges for someone who has information about this situation (limited info) to meet the group once back in Seattle. This informant (new character) is somehow persuaded into filling in for one of the characters leaving. Of course, remuneration would be provided. Just throwing it out there.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #986 on: <04-02-13/1141:06> »
I'm still around  ;D.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #987 on: <04-02-13/2040:07> »
I was thinking of bringing over Wyrmtongue. Naga Mage/Face. Interesting backstory to the character. He was a former security critter for MCT, before the CC ruling that said Nagas had rights meant that MCT had to put him under contract or let him go. He chose to go. He follows Seductress.

My Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #988 on: <04-02-13/2155:40> »
Not opposed to a mage, but we have a dedicated face and I already talked several elves out of making split class faces, so I would prefer to see you going whole hog (or snake as the case may be) on the mage side.  Still waiting for the backstory on that one.

In other news, waiting to hear back from Novocrane on a permanent status.  For now I will run Icarus as an NPC, which means the other three (Fionn, Clem and O'Connor) need to give him the plan and what part he's play, which I will assume to be the main grabber after the cams are killed and the others create a distraction, but I wasn't sure that was 100 percent yet.

reposting relevant physical descriptions:

The local Ares-Mart (yep, I decided that is who ended up with it and what it got renamed) is fairly typical of the brand, though allowing for a certain regional flavor and operating in a capacity consistant with the Nation regulations on mega-corp access.  As happens in most rural communities, it has become a location of note for the less well to-do to congregate and do a majority of their day-to-day shopping.  Although you still feel especially exposed considering the racial make-up is Amerind, there are a few others wandering around that let you know you aren't completly alone.

Security-wise, the place is a joke, other than standard theft deterrent procedures, the plan is basically to make sure one the rediculous unsubtle security cameras catches whatever criminal act may occur and then pass it up the corporate chain to be dealt with.  That end of things can get pretty serious though, there was a group of smash-and-grabbers that hit several locations down in the CAS, when Lone Star caught up with them all but one had to be wheeled into their arraignment after they had 'resisted arrest'.

The disposble commlinks are in a locked case along with other small electronics, that doubles as the secondary checkout for the electronics area.

...and...

Icarus' roll comfirms the redundant camera coverage. The basic idea is that a single hacker or act of sabotage cannot shut down or scramble the feeds to all the cameras at once, Icarus also notes a lack professionallism on the part of the security he can see, rent-a-cops of the lowest source, theft detterent only.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #989 on: <04-02-13/2348:31> »
Yeah, I understood that Ikari was going to do the heavy lifting while Fionn kills the relevant cameras and O'Connor & Clem would provide a distraction if needed.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix