• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #390 on: <02-03-13/2004:35> »
Neither group has removed the spirit concealment power

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #391 on: <02-03-13/2014:11> »
I can't even roll to perceive them without it being a long shot test.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #392 on: <02-03-13/2022:13> »
Neither group has removed the spirit concealment power

Um...
"Way ahead of you," Sammy said as she had a look in the astral.  There she also had her own spirit drop the concealment, but keep the guard up.

And since Heron's spirit couldn't maintain the concealment when he came looking for us--since it requires line of sight--doesn't his sending the spirit away from his own group immediately end his order to conceal?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #393 on: <02-03-13/2029:00> »
Well, I'm gonna wait before making the post I was going to, then.

That said:  Fionn's going to become aware of anything broadcasting a wireless signal in less than a minute, so if anyone has any cyberware, you should probably let me know - he'll pick up on the transceivers in the ware.  Similarly, if Blackeagle has any wireless items on him, including smartgun systems in his firearms, it will be noticed very soon.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #394 on: <02-03-13/2040:52> »
Yep, you got me, let me fix this

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #395 on: <02-03-13/2302:49> »
Ok, that one isn't on me, ya'll get yer boy there.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #396 on: <02-03-13/2316:52> »
...  Your meaning is not clear.  :P
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #397 on: <02-04-13/0015:50> »
I think he means you caught the character out, not the writer.

"So when you told us that our companions were breaking bread with the one who summoned you..?"
Likely unrelated, but I was watching a Korean horror film the other night; I thought of the barghest meal when someone was tricked into eating their pet hamster. If the assumption is we're just eating barghest ...
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/0028:14> by Novocrane »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #398 on: <02-04-13/0027:06> »
I think he means you caught the character out, not the writer.

That would be my guess.

Also, I'm inclined to think that this is gonna be the kind of character who doesn't tell direct lies (technically, he doesn't have to see the spirit when he summons it, yes?), but anything other than a direct statement is not to be taken at face value.  Which will be very amusing to me, given my character's particular background...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #399 on: <02-04-13/0109:05> »
I was so hoping someone was going to refer to it as simply the Tír so that I'd get to have Fionn say something along the lines of what I just did.  :P

EDIT:  And I've been inclined to guess for a while now that O'Connor has a Poor Self Control quality related to his opinion of his being a badass.  I'm well aware, OOC, that Fionn might be triggering that.  IC, he does not have any idea.  And given that he's presently busy sustaining a complex form and doing a constant search for hidden nodes, he probably won't even notice if O'Connor's not joking.
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/0130:45> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #400 on: <02-04-13/0131:22> »
He doesn't have the quality, I ran out of room for that negative, but he does have a tremendous ego.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #401 on: <02-04-13/0134:15> »
He doesn't have the quality, I ran out of room for that negative, but he does have a tremendous ego.

Either way, I'm having fun with this.

And as an aside, I think there's a way we can estimate how long the group was out there before waking up - how sunburnt is Fionn?

And now time, and Crossbow being around to post, will tell as to whether or not Fionn's bring his knowledge to light was a good idea, but baited as he was that was about the only thing I could do in character.
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/0234:33> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #402 on: <02-04-13/0435:03> »
I'm sorry to say this Rhat, but I see a storm brewing on the horizon. Fionn has the exact personality that gets on Clementine's nerves. I'm just warning you that I definitely see an argument somewhere in the future ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #403 on: <02-04-13/0444:42> »
All we need are drone-cams to bitch about the others to and this could be an episode of Survivor.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #404 on: <02-04-13/0631:55> »
I was so hoping someone was going to refer to it as simply the Tír so that I'd get to have Fionn say something along the lines of what I just did.  :P

Yeah, I have been avoiding that, but if I had known it would work so well, I might have :)