NEWS

This is the greatest vigilante story ever

• 7 Replies

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« on: <03-14-12/1930:56> »
A mother in Missouri was concerned about her son's drug use. Her solution? Find his dealer and whoop his ass. http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/13/3486936/missouri-mother-attacks-sons-alleged.html

I don't know how, but I'm going to find a way to reference this in my game, no doubt.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-12/2240:43> »
Mr. J hires the 'runners to find out who has been beating up dealers on corners, having been hired by a low-end distributor worried that his inability to protect his corners will get back upstairs soon, and they find out it's a Ork Mother trying to find all the dealers that got her kids hooked on BTLs.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #2 on: <03-14-12/2302:00> »
Only in KC.

REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <03-15-12/0719:49> »
Meh. Except she didn't bother to actually find out if the kid really was giving her son the drugs. She just went and committed assault based on a hunch. You want the greatest vigilante story ever, try this on for size: http://archives.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=27100
One man takes on an entire gang of forty armed train robbers with a knife, and comes away with a wound to his left hand, while killing three and injured eight before the rest ran away, likely trying not to wet themselves.

Now compare that to the housewife beating up a kid because she thought he was selling her kid drugs.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #4 on: <03-15-12/0841:35> »
Meh. Except she didn't bother to actually find out if the kid really was giving her son the drugs. She just went and committed assault based on a hunch. You want the greatest vigilante story ever, try this on for size: http://archives.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=27100
One man takes on an entire gang of forty armed train robbers with a knife, and comes away with a wound to his left hand, while killing three and injured eight before the rest ran away, likely trying not to wet themselves.

Now compare that to the housewife beating up a kid because she thought he was selling her kid drugs.

Except that I don't think that one was exactly vigilantism, since that was a clear-cut case of immediate danger and acting in the defense of self and others.
« Last Edit: <03-15-12/0848:21> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #5 on: <03-15-12/1017:43> »

I read that story a while ago....you can't compare a Gurkha to normal suburban folks, it's just not fair. Plus, that's not even vigilantism, that's straight-up heroism: they were attacking that girl right in front of him, and he defended her. Vigilantes go looking for trouble; that guy was just minding his own business. He was even willing to give up his cash when he thought it was just a robbery - those guys would have been just fine if they hadn't decided to attack that girl.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-15-12/1038:14> »
Only in KC.
*Ahem* Proud KC resident  :P
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #7 on: <03-19-12/0628:54> »
Gurkha's are insane good.
A friend of mine where on an excercise against them and they made their camp really tight with extra sentries and with all the modern technologial equipment they could lay their hands on. The next morning their sentries was really proud of not being overrun by the Gurkha's until they noticed that almost everybody in their platoon had a red line made with lipstick across their necks. So much for not loosing  :o
Special forces are outside normal human performance by a long shot.

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?