Off-topic > General Gaming

First experience

(1/6) > >>

jayhawk1106:
I'm new here (obviously,lol) and I was curious about everyone's first shadowrun experience.  How'd you find out about Shadowrun?  What was your very first run?  What "class" did you use?

Mine was the Sega Genesis version for the game.  After playing, I was VERY curious about the lore and grabbed the 3E book and read.  My first run was when I made my brother play "On the Run" with me.  I played a decker. 

The_Gun_Nut:
I got into Shadowrun the day that the game was released and my roommate picked up the book.  It looked interesting, so he grabbed it.  I started out playing a former corp wage mage (illusionist specialty).  The very first game was the very first published adventure:  Food Fight.

My love for the game has spiraled out of control ever since.

PeterSmith:
Played BattleTech for years now...started in the 80s. I saw the FASA catalog, saw the other games they sold, and promptly forgot about them.

Then I went up to GenCon, decided in 2000 to play the Shadowrun demo. Had fun, and promptly forgot about it.

Then I got to know Jason H. through his work with BattleTech. Picked up a copy of the 20th Edition and a few other print books, then kept an eye out for games being played in/around Chicago. It's been fun.

FastJack:
Ahh, Larry Elmore, you sly devil.

An elf, a bikini-clad mage and a Native American dual-wielding uzis. Toss in the Secrets of Power trilogy and I was doomed in my teenage years. I spent the next two years buying everything that came out while hopelessly searching for a gaming group willing to play. It wasn't until one of my first gaming cons (LehiCon '93? '94? in Easton, Pa) that I actually got to sit down and play in the game I love. Ironically, that was the same convention when I first met Ed Greenwood of Forgotten Realms fame.

The_Gun_Nut:
Linky no worky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version