Off-topic > General Gaming

Shadowrun plus Skype equals ???

<< < (2/6) > >>

FastJack:
Invisible castle is a great site for dice rolling since you have to enter a character's ID with the roll. So if you think the player's being hinky, you can just check all the rolls they are making and see if they are simply re-rolling until they get a good result.

Battlegrounds Games and Fantasy Grounds are two mapping/online RPG tools that are pretty good (from what I've heard, haven't had a chance to use them yet). They do have licensing fees, however, so it's definitely and investment to use. If I had the money, I'd go with Battle Grounds, IMHO, since it has a lot of stuff built in and they've been known to run Shadowrun games on it.

John Schmidt:
Cool!  That may be precisely what I have been looking for.

Anyone know anything about Screen Monkey?

burntheartist:

--- Quote from: FastJack on ---Invisible castle is a great site for dice rolling since you have to enter a character's ID with the roll. So if you think the player's being hinky, you can just check all the rolls they are making and see if they are simply re-rolling until they get a good result.

Battlegrounds Games and Fantasy Grounds are two mapping/online RPG tools that are pretty good (from what I've heard, haven't had a chance to use them yet). They do have licensing fees, however, so it's definitely and investment to use. If I had the money, I'd go with Battle Grounds, IMHO, since it has a lot of stuff built in and they've been known to run Shadowrun games on it.

--- End quote ---

Oh I've heard of a couple of programs like this. Where there's usually audio support, maybe video or at least casting with a video program would be possible. Then there's a place for maps, sheets, and rolls to be done.

I always used a place called shattered-realms (not sure if it's .com or .net) and they use a simple [5d6] which would mean I was rolling 5 six-sided dice and it'd post the results in text.

John Schmidt:
A Google search later...

shattered-realms.com = a free form RP host...might be the least expensive alternative for my victi...I mean players.  :-X

Sorry, I initially forgot to say thanks. Thanks!  ;D

The Doomed One:
Another virtual table top worth considering is MapTools though I have never used it for an actual game I have heard very good things about it, and it is free.

EDIT: I decided to see if anyone had made some Shadowrun frameworks for MapTools here is what I found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version