NEWS

AI in 6th

• 6 Replies

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« on: <01-14-20/1712:59> »
What book is AI in for PCs in 5e, and have they appeared in 6th?

I had an idea for something and i thought it would be fun as an AI, but I've still not had a chance to read the full write up on them, I suspect they're very complicated.
I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-14-20/1955:16> »
They're in Data Trails for 5e, and rules for them haven't been published yet in 6we.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-14-20/1956:59> »
I did not like the SR5 rules for AI (or sprites, or free spirits) so I wrote my own. They're posted in this thread.

imthedci

• Newb
  • Usually straying off topic
« Reply #3 on: <01-15-20/1130:13> »
I will admit that even though this *is* Shadowrun, my first thought was "Who's Al?", quickly followed by feeling stupid for thinking a "I" was an "l"... :-[
Thanks for the help. ^_^

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-16-20/0224:28> »
What would the idea be Chalkarts if you don't mind revealing the details?
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« Reply #5 on: <01-17-20/0900:40> »

A Wacky idea I once had for a D&D game was to have a sentient weapon that one player used, and a second player played, using it's abilities and such completely independently of the wielder.

I thought this could be done with a Decker.  Have one player make a Decker, and another player makes the AI that lives in the deck. 

They would be completely crippled in a dead zone, but put them in a high tech run and they would make a fantastic team.

I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <01-17-20/1614:06> »

A Wacky idea I once had for a D&D game was to have a sentient weapon that one player used, and a second player played, using it's abilities and such completely independently of the wielder.

I thought this could be done with a Decker.  Have one player make a Decker, and another player makes the AI that lives in the deck. 

They would be completely crippled in a dead zone, but put them in a high tech run and they would make a fantastic team.

It's definitely doable. We've done it in one group both in 4e/A and 5e. I also know of a few other groups that have as well. So it should eventually be doable in 6We.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team