NEWS

SR - 5th [IC] - On the Run2

• 69 Replies

Moneyspider

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <04-18-14/1816:55> »
While walking up Blurr extended his staff and used it as a walking stick. Upon arrival he quirks an eyebrow and check the area while the others talk.
http://orokos.com/roll/183962
http://orokos.com/roll/183963

Well I get the feeling turning this guy down isn't an option.
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ShadoWarrior

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <04-18-14/2217:43> »
Laughing Bear, from where he's standing, says in Sperethiel, "Greetings, honoured ones." Switching to English so the runners will understand, he continues, "Just to be absolutely clear, are you offering to pay each of us seventy-five thousand, or seventy-five thousand in total to be split amongst the survivors of this ... endeavor?"

He then turns to Elizabeth and gives her a hard look, "I'm a doctor. I save people. Even in the Wildcats I didn't do wet-work."

Turning back to the elves, and switching back to Sperethiel, he asks, "Respectfully, I am not going to agree to this undertaking without first knowing who the target is and why they must die. You must know who I am, so you know that I speak truly when I give you my word that regardless of my decision I will not betray your trust."

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <04-19-14/1514:14> »
As Wilder followed the chromed elf, he turned around briefly to keep an accurate count of the hell hounds. As the other (apparent) runners joined, he forwarded his commcode to them as well so they could communicate. He didn't know or trust these people at all, but he wanted a semi-secure line of communication in case one of the beasties proved hungry. <<I'm counting eight hell hounds, chummers. Either our Mr. Johnson has serious clout, or he's over-compensating severely.>> Wilder kept his mouth shut otherwise, however, keeping an eye on the team's six behind his inscrutable black motorcycle helmet.

When they arrived at the building, Wilder was surprised to see even more muscle and what appeared to be their Mr. Johnson on a literal fragging throne. <<Yup. Over-compensating. Fraggin' nailed it.>>

After the elf made his offer, Wilder pinged another message to the team. <<Wetwork is an unsavory proposition, but I'm game if you chummers are.>> With that, Wilder snapped up the visor of his helmt to speak out loud for the first time since the group's tiff with the racist elf. "I'm interested, Mr. Johnson, but it's a big thing you're asking of us. What other details about the job can you provide? Only a sucker agrees to something without knowing what he's agreeing to."

The other runners can't help but get the feeling Wilder was speaking from experience on that matter...
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #63 on: <04-20-14/1232:29> »
"That would be 75,000 nuyen to split amongst you. Trust goes both ways Laughing Bear. I specifically sought individuals who have a reputation to be altruistic in nature. If the target was one with high moral ethics then I would be insulting your collective integrity.  I cannot tell you who the target is specifically, but I will tell you that they are what you call a 'vampire' and that they are a leader of a small gang that was once prominent in the mid 50's.  The target has an unsavory reputation, one who would not hesitate to implore Machiavellian type tactics to get what they want."

@Blurr - you notice that the Johnson has a datajack in his left temple, an old style jack but of fine Deltaware make.  Something of a relic when cyber decks were still massive keyboards

Also in the Fairlight Excaliber screen you notice the pictures of the same band that was in the holographic image that he was watching. 

Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <04-20-14/1237:39> »
"See, Bear, its not nearly as bad as you think. I typically don't do this work, however if its a vampire, behead him, stake through the heart, burn the body, stuff the mouth full of holy waffers and spread the ashes at the crossroads." she remarks, pulling up information from bramstroker's dracula. Whether or not that was any use at all for a real vampire though, well, beheadings tend to work for almost anyone. She turns to the johnson. "Just how many of us is it being spit by?"
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Moneyspider

• Newb
« Reply #65 on: <04-20-14/1818:18> »
Blurr smiles just slightly. I'm with the Doc, I won't kill people for money. But a Vamp's not a person anymore.
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <04-21-14/0959:37> »
"Well, a vampire is definitely not a dragon. I'll grant you that." Wilder pinged another message to the team. <<I'm on board. Are we going to try and negotiate? If so, I vote not me for that drek.>>
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <04-21-14/1112:25> »
Receiving Wilder's message on her AR display Clara thinks a few seconds about it before responding

I'll pass on the negotiation... does not seem appropriate she replies using the speech to text ability and her sub-vocal microphone.
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ShadoWarrior

• Newb
« Reply #68 on: <04-23-14/0656:30> »
"I don't have a problem with putting down a rabid dog, and if the target is as you claim then they very likely warrant being terminated." Assuming that you speak the truth, which is always a question when the source is an elf without a spirit guide. The only ones who do Machiavellian better than elves are dragons, so it's amusingly ironic for you to be casting that qualifier on his target. Pity that if I were foolish enough to try to see if you're telling the truth I'd likely get eaten by those pets of yours. He wills himself to avoid glancing at the slavering killers all around him as he takes in the mood of his erstwhile companions-to-be.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <04-23-14/1138:52> »
Red Queen begins searching for more information off the net, while they talk, doing a really quick cursory search on what she can find about Vampires. Having access to a massive database with nothing more than your mind does have some advantages after all.

Though of Course she recalls information from various books, Bram Stroker's Dracula being the first. Then Anne Rice's Interview with a  Vampire, and that dreadful collection of books. Counting five people here, splitting 75,000 assumingly between them all, she calculates that it would be 15,000 each. Not a bad some, but vampires. Trids and the like always gave them supernatural powers, to shapeshift into bats and mist, to charm and dominate.

Though there was that Japanese speaking human, as long as she was around Red was safe from various sorts of harm, provided Red wasn't nearby at the time the human was attacked. Still, best not to let her go down. After all in horror books, the killer always goes after the targets one by one.

Currently, it was unknown how many other creatures the vampire would have with them, be they werewolves, mummies or zombies. Mummies would have a dreadful curse, and werewolves the ability to recover from even dynamite wounds to the face.  Zombies though, depending on which kind, wouldn't be too bad. Anything else, would require specialized weaponry.

"Taking on a vampire at night is a mission for morons and fools. Bear and I are neither such things. If you wish us to bring on this vampire, we will need specialized gear and equipment. Stakes, holy water, silver bullets, holy wafers, rope, seeds, a dentist, talisman, UV lights, dog whistle, and lastly explosives. We'll need some additional payment, upfront, to cover these expenses. "   
« Last Edit: <04-26-14/1731:35> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules