NEWS

Joker

• 24 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« on: <09-16-10/2056:55> »
Woot! First post.
Alright so this is my current version of Joker. He's built for roleplay, style, and fun. I'm not a powergamer. Still I'm interested in what people think.

Name: Lucan Bordeaux
Alias: Joker, Snooze, Snoozey
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Nationality: UCAS
Lifestyle: Low (2 Months Paid)
Karma Spent: 0

Physical Description:
Joker has unkempt, unremarkable brown hair. He’s about 5’11” with a relatively light complexion and a thin, somewhat athletic build. One might guess his age around early twenties.

Personality/background:
“Once upon a time there was a crime syndicate and in that syndicate there was a lieutenant named Lucan. Lucan fell in love with the boss’s daughter and together they made plans to steal her father’s money to start a new life far away.
When it came time to do what they had planned, Lucan stole the boss’s stash and met with his love, but she would not go with him. So he fled to Seattle alone, escaping the life he hated, but losing the one he loved.”

Timeline Notes: Lucan was born in 2049. His parents were shadowrunners. When they disappeared in 2061, he was left to look after himself and his younger sister until she passed away in 2066. He left Montreal arrived in Seattle in 2071.

Personality Notes: Joker aka Snoozey is a lovable rogue with a penchant for tardiness. Despite his lazy nature, he is good at what he does. He’s an excellent shot, he’s clever, and he’s charming. His reputation among shadowrunners varies. Some praise him, while others question his reliability.

Attributes

Body: 4(5)
Agility: 5(7)
Reaction: 3(5)
Strength: 1(3)
Charisma: 5
Intuition: 4
Logic: 2
Willpower: 4
Edge:
Magic:
Essence: 1.52
Initiative: 9
Init Passes: 2

Positive Qualities:
Ambidextrous (5 BP) The character can use and handle objects equally well with both hands. The character does not suffer any modifiers for using an off-hand weapon. When using two weapons at once, however, the character must still split his dice pool.

Tough as Nails (10 BP) A character with this power has formidable physical endurance
and can take much more punishment than one would expect from someone of her size. This quality adds an additional 1 boxes to the character’s Physical Condition monitor.

Martial arts: Firefight R2 (10 BP) Reduce the ranged combat “attacker in melee combat” modifier by 2.

→Two Weapon Style
A character using this maneuver has trained to wield a second
melee weapon in his off hand. In order to use two weapons, each
weapon must have a Reach of 0 or 1.
The character may choose to apply the Full Defense option
using only one of these weapons, attacking with the other weapon
as normal (and without sacrificing an action). The defense or attack
action with the off -hand weapon suffers the standard –2 off -hand
weapon modifier.

→Riposte
A character with Riposte who successfully parries or blocks
a melee combat attack may make an immediate attack on his attacker, even if it is not her Action Phase in the turn. Making a riposte is considered an interrupt action, however, and uses up the
character’s next available action.

→Clinch
This maneuver allows the character to step inside an opponent’s reach and get up close and personal. The character can choose to make a melee attack and if successful, she engages her opponent in a clinch rather than dealing damage. While clinched, both characters’ Reach bonuses are negated. To break the clinch and move away, a character must succeed at a Strength + Body Opposed Test, which costs a Complex Action.

→Multi-Strike
A character with this maneuver has trained in attacking multiple targets or with two weapons at once. Apply a +1 dice pool modifier to the total dice pool (not the split dice pools) whenever the character attacks more than one opponent in the same action or attacks with two melee weapons at once.

Negative Qualities:

Enemy: Small Montreal Syndicate +10BP
Wanted: Bounty +10BP
Flashbacks: Lost Loved Ones +10BP
In Debt: Criminal +5BP

Active Skills:
Pistols 6
Clubs 4
Unarmed 2
Dodge 4
Perception 3
Stealth 4
Escape Artist 1
Locksmith 1
Influence 3

Knowledge Skills:
Firearm Design[Pistols 1
Action Trideos 2
Security Procedures 2
Security Devices 2

Language Skills:
English N
French 4

Cyber/Bio-ware:
Alphaware Datajack
Alphaware Cybereyes 1
→Alphaware Flare Compensation
→Alphaware Low Light Vision
→Alphaware Vision Enhancement 2
Alphaware Plastic Bone Lacing
Alphaware Wired Reflexes 1
Alphaware Muscle Replacement 2
Alphaware Reaction Enhancers 2

Gear:
Sunglasses
Victory Globetrotter Line Jacket (6/4)
Securitech Personal Protection Piecemail: Forearm Guards, Shin Guards, Arm Casings, and Vitals Protector (1/4, Stacks with other armor.)
Form-fitting Armor: Full-body Suit (6/2, Stacks with other armor, 3/1 for purposes of encumberment.)
Fake SIN 3 (Private Life): Alexander Whitman
→Increased Cylinder License 4
→Small Firing Selection Change License 4
→Ruger Super Warhawk License 4
→Regular Ammo License 4
→Morrissey Elan License 4
→Stick-n-Shock Ammo License 4
→Lockpick Set License 4
→Thermal Smoke Grenade License 4
→Muscle Replacement License 4
→Reaction Enhancers License 4
→Wired Reflexes License 4
→Concealed Carry License 4
→Flechette Ammo License 4
Fake SIN 3 (Work Life): Luc Lebeau
→Increased Cylinder License 4
→Small Firing Selection Change License 4
→Ruger Super Warhawk License 4
→Morrissey Elan License 4
→Regular Ammo License 4
→Stick-n-Shock Ammo License 4
→Lockpick Set License 4
→Thermal Smoke Grenade License 4
→Muscle Replacement License 4
→Reaction Enhancers License 4
→Wired Reflexes License 4
→Concealed Carry License 4
→Flechette Ammo License 4
x2 Modification 6 Ruger Super Warhawks (Semi Automatic, Recoil Compensation 1, Holds 11 Shots, Don’t take damage from being used as a melee weapon. Their irregular double cylinders make it impossible to use a standard speed loader. )
→x2 Simple Firing Selection Change
→x2 Melee Hardening
→x2 Increased Cylinder
→x2 Underbarrel Weapon: Ruger Super Warhawk
→x2 Shock Pads
→x2 Quickdraw Holsters
→x66 Regular Ammo
→x10 Flechette Ammo
x2 Morrissey Elans
→x2 Hidden Gun Arm Slide
→x20 Stick-n-Shock Ammo
x4 Thermal Smoke Grenades
Survival Knife
Lighter & Smokes
Lockpick Set
Wire Clippers
Micro Transceiver 6
Novatech Airware
→Novatech Navi
→Sim Module
→Trodes
→Sim Recordings
→VR Games
→x4 Virtual Person
Holoprojector

Vehicles:
Daihatsu-Caterpillar Horseman
→Advanced Cargo Module
→Morphing License Plate
→Spoof Chip
→Smart Tires

Contacts:
Otto (Gearhead/Fixer): Connection 2, Loyalty 4
Maxine (Fixer) Connection 3, Loyalty 3
Amy (Doc) Connection 3 Loyalty 4
Montreal Crime Syndicate: Mod. Connection 5, Incidence 5

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-17-10/0208:30> »
You seem to be missing your edge attribute. ;)
Also does your GM really require all those licenses, most GM:s don't as far as i know require you to have that big a collection of licenses for carrying a pair of pistols.
Most would propaply be content with you just having a pistols license or at most one license per pistol.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <09-17-10/1033:25> »
Actually, Usda, you should create your own thread for him since each thread should be to help/critique the character of the title... ;)

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #3 on: <09-17-10/1036:41> »
 :-[ opps. Done.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-17-10/1104:31> »
I don't use edge much in my experience and I had a specific idea about how I wanted this character to be, so I just didn't have the points for it.

I chose to get the licenses. I'm a face(partially) and I'll have to prove(falsely) that I'm legit occasionally. Not to mention this is a character that will not be used with just one GM most likely.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <09-17-10/1215:14> »
License wise I'd stick to the basics

Gun license
Concealed carry

"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Elseabea

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-17-10/1318:22> »
I would normally say two or three licenses are required:

1) One for cyberware and weapons. One all inclusive license makes sense. That way the police only have to pull it up once. A real license would require you to update if you change gear and what not (and of course, ther eis a fee for that) but a fake one could be probably be update by any forger (for a fee, of course)

2) A driver's license (maybe). Mind you if you don't drive you should not need it and it is only important if you get pulled over. Nobody ask go-ganger if they have a license after all.

3) A professional license. "Why you carrying three guns and a taser?" "Licensed bounty hunter, Mr. Officer." Mine are all Bounty hunter or bodyguard. Gives a reason to be packing guns and weapons.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-17-10/1347:28> »
Well it says you need one for each type of item or actvity. That can be taken a number of ways. Should I have a Cyberware License, a Concealed Carry License, A Firearms License, and Ammo License and so on? Or should I have a Ruger Super Warhawk License, a Muscle Replacement License, and so on? Is there anywhere in the rules where it states this stuff?

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #8 on: <09-17-10/1618:05> »
Well it says you need one for each type of item or actvity. That can be taken a number of ways. Should I have a Cyberware License, a Concealed Carry License, A Firearms License, and Ammo License and so on? Or should I have a Ruger Super Warhawk License, a Muscle Replacement License, and so on? Is there anywhere in the rules where it states this stuff?

This would depend on what you GM wants really.   In my games I just say 1 works for everything but my players are welcome to have more than one.

Now as to your character

Edge yep I see none as a human you start with 2 Your at 170 BP for attributes by my figures. You have 18 knowledge skill points for free and have only spent 11.

I'm looking at your Qualities "In Debt: Criminal +5BP" OK UM In debt is one quality and Criminal?? as in I guess a SIN is another you need to figure out which one your useing. I have you at 25 Positive and 35 Negitive.

Skills: 130 BP

Gear: Wow 10,400 in licenses, 2 fake sins 6,000 ~ Cyber/Bio: your at 103,000 ~ Armor: I get 3,500 (by the way the SecureTech stuff is +2/+4 not +1/+4) ~ Weapons: You have 66 reg ammo wow thats alot. I get 8,360 for weapons.

Other Gear: I get 5,330 (I did 30 for the lighter & smokes and you need to state the cost between 5 and 200 for your sim recordings)

Vehicles: 17,000 (I how ever could not find costs for Morphing License Plate, Spoof Chip, Smart Tires)

Total Nuyen Spent comes out to: 153,590 or 31 BP

Contacts: Looks like you have 29 BP spent.

Total Bp spent so far: 360 out of 400 and thats before I take off 10 bo cause you have 35 BP in Neg quilities and only 25 BP in Pos Qualities.

So all in all not bad but you have 50 BP to spend yet and you Show prices for the things I pointed out.

What would I do with the 50 +1 Rea, +3 Str, +1 Log.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-17-10/1906:23> »
I appreciate the time you put into looking over my character. Let's take a second look, shall we?

I'm going to break it down.

Attributes:
Total: 200

Active Skills:
Total:154 Wow, I'm actually over the limit. I thought I counted this out better.

Qualities
+33
Total: -2

Knowledge Skills(18)
Total: 12 Wow. Missed something there, I guess.

Contacts:
Total:19 I could probly ditch a contact or two.

Cyberware and gear I have counted out at:
169990 -5000 for debt. Total: 33

While some of your numbers were off, you did help me discover what was wrong. Thankyou.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-17-10/2135:58> »
What quality do you have that isn't an even 5pt increment?

Where did you find a skill point spend limit or when you said you were over were you referring to something different?
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #11 on: <09-18-10/0232:19> »
By his math he is at 406 BP thus over and Yeah what Quality is only 3 BP? the master list has the lowest at 5 and as much as 30 all in 5 point incriments.

Also I see where my numbers are off so far you took the whole stealth group at 4 not just the most usefull (in my opinion) infiltration skill. I had that at 16 bp not 40.

You also say contacts at 19 what about the mob contact you have at 5/5?
« Last Edit: <09-18-10/0238:49> by Casazil »
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-18-10/0458:50> »
He has the total for his qualities because he added in the cost of his martial arts maneuvers (which cost 2 build points each) under positive qualities.  I would count them more under the skills category, myself, but I can see that interpretation, too.

His Reaction should be 3(6).  The wired reflexes: 1 add a point to Reaction, too.

Bone lacing increases Body for purposes of soaking damage only, so if he wears all of his armor, it will give him some encumbrance penalties.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-18-10/0813:52> »
You also say contacts at 19 what about the mob contact you have at 5/5?

Read up about enemies.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <09-18-10/0814:46> »
He has the total for his qualities because he added in the cost of his martial arts maneuvers (which cost 2 build points each) under positive qualities.  I would count them more under the skills category, myself, but I can see that interpretation, too.

His Reaction should be 3(6).  The wired reflexes: 1 add a point to Reaction, too.

Bone lacing increases Body for purposes of soaking damage only, so if he wears all of his armor, it will give him some encumbrance penalties.

Thankyou. Very useful to know.