NEWS

Spirit Concealment and Stealth combo

• 2 Replies

Romanova

• Newb
« on: <10-12-10/2003:59> »
First time poster and I gots a question.
I've got a mage player who's come upon the combination of using a stealth-suit and a level 6 spirit of man conferring his concealment ability on him and his also stealth suited ally.  Now as he interprets it (and I can't really see anything that contradicts it) that would give anyone even looking directly at him a -10 dice to even detect he is there.  Is this a correct thought on this combo?  any thoughts on if this stacks.. or is visible in astral?

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-12-10/2138:54> »
It does stack, but any other modifiers would still apply, and the stealth suit would only apply to sight perception tests. If against a critter with an improved sense of smell it wouldn't do anything. Or if they do something that makes noise (like shot a gun) it will give bonuses to the person trying to perceive them.

Stealth is an opposed test of their modified skill vs the observer's modified perception.

As far as astral space I believe that the spirit would be visible which in turn may draw attention to them unless they are also concealing themselves on the astral plane too. My opinion would be that this is two separate services.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-18-10/0405:55> »
Now as he interprets it (and I can't really see anything that contradicts it) that would give anyone even looking directly at him a -10 dice to even detect he is there.
It's not an invisibility spell. So, somebody looking directly at him may not notice him if he's in the background and the guy who looks at him don't really know he's here, but if he is something like 3 meters standing in the front of the guy, there's no way he can't be noticed : it's a perception test modifier, but if something is so obvious, no perception test is needed.
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.