NEWS

Holostreets developer questions

• 7 Replies

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« on: <05-10-23/1351:32> »
Is there an authorized Holostreets version of the Shadowrun 6 logo that doe NOT have the pink "S" element embedded? The one in the logo pack is rather taller than is convenient for some layout uses.
« Last Edit: <05-16-23/1308:28> by KarmaInferno »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #2 on: <06-05-23/1517:08> »
Is there an authorized Holostreets version of the Shadowrun 6 logo that doe NOT have the pink "S" element embedded? The one in the logo pack is rather taller than is convenient for some layout uses.

As long as the logo does not get altered in it's color, layout, etc., it can be resized for a given work. But it really should remain a prominent feature for SR6 material. The logo pack on drivethrurpg.net has the logos for every edition published now, so if you have something geared for other editions, then go for it there as well.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #3 on: <06-29-23/0453:59> »
I was asking because all the other edition logos are much wider than they are tall, which makes them more easily used in some layouts that are tight for space vertically.

The 6th edition Shadowrun logo for Holostreets has a giant "S" embedded behind it, making it much taller. This means in those same use situations the logo would need to be made tiny to fit.

It's a little frustrating because the 6E logo DOES exist without the background "S", it's used all over the place in Shadowrun books. But that version is not included in the logo pack for Holostreets.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <06-29-23/0832:23> »
If you trim and resize the logos to 7 inch width, the 1st/2nd Edition is tallest at almost 3.5 inches, the 6th is about 2.8 inches, 5th is 2.4 inches, and 3rd is the leanest at just under 2 inches.

I do know the logo exists in the official publicity kit, but I have access to that since I helped design the forums. The reason they want the logo as is for Holostreets, is because they want to have all the products have the same branding, which is VERY important in the gaming industry. I'd recommend sending a message off to Jason H. to see if they can release the un-embedded logo, but I suspect that they don't want to have it without the dragon "S', since that has been part of every edition's logo.

adambeyoncelowe

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-30-23/0902:15> »
Is there likely to be an SR5 template at any point? Or Anarchy? I think we have all the others up there now. I did see an old DIY version on LaTeX, explicitly for homebrew stuff, but that's made for non-commercial use only, since it reuses imagery that isn't officially out for HoloStreets (I checked with the designer).

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <09-30-23/0931:07> »
Is there likely to be an SR5 template at any point? Or Anarchy? I think we have all the others up there now. I did see an old DIY version on LaTeX, explicitly for homebrew stuff, but that's made for non-commercial use only, since it reuses imagery that isn't officially out for HoloStreets (I checked with the designer).
Templates are for style, not for rules. They want to make sure the Holostreets design style matches (or nearly matches) the current design style. You can publish the books in what ever rule format you want. So far, it's been 6E because that's what people are buying.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <10-02-23/0457:32> »
Huh that actually does raise a point: We got logos available on Holostreets for all numbered editions but not for Anarchy.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!