NEWS

Wish List.

• 443 Replies

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #15 on: <09-07-10/0919:00> »
focus on what made Shadowrun a great setting...

The blend of high technology and magic?  :p  Not that I really want to get into an argument, but magic is simply too entwined in the setting to remove it without making it a completely different game.

You misunderstand me. I do not want to take magic out of the game. I only want Immortal Elves and their "OMG the Horrors are going to get through the barrier and kill everyone and everything!!!" plots gone. Big difference :)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <09-07-10/0936:54> »
focus on what made Shadowrun a great setting...

The blend of high technology and magic?  :p  Not that I really want to get into an argument, but magic is simply too entwined in the setting to remove it without making it a completely different game.

You misunderstand me. I do not want to take magic out of the game. I only want Immortal Elves and their "OMG the Horrors are going to get through the barrier and kill everyone and everything!!!" plots gone. Big difference :)
Well, the Immortals aren't quite in the public view as they have been. And the outcome of the Dragonheart saga pretty much secures that the Horrors won't be seen for a while*.

*Unless some fool magicians think it's a path to greater power to bring them over earlier. But that's what runners are for, omae...

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-07-10/0938:24> »
Darke thought that way, and he got his reward (a nasty curb-stomping).
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <09-07-10/0944:07> »
*Unless some fool magicians think it's a path to greater power to bring them over earlier. But that's what runners are for, omae...

Read: the Azzies.

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <09-07-10/0946:31> »
Yeah, I would be surprised if the Horrors were brought back any time soon.  Personally, I like the IEs, I think they make a nice counterpoint to the Great Dragons.  Not that I want them showing up all over the place, but it's a nice bit of background to have.  If the only real threat to the world was corporate greed, it would feel a bit shallow to me.

But, that's just my take on it.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #20 on: <09-07-10/0949:27> »
My sole wish would be for an updated re-release of Denver: City of Shadows.

...then again, I'm biased since I grew up there.
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <09-07-10/0950:21> »
I'm with Moon on this. Add in the AI's and we now have a nice balance between four superpowers (Dragons, Elves, AI's, Corps) that don't know exactly how to deal with each other.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <09-07-10/0951:46> »

Here's hoping they release the original in PDF soon... But an update is definitely needed to see how the Data Haven's working with Ghostwalker.

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <09-07-10/0952:10> »

I love Denver to play in; the main group that I run operates their main base there.  Even though GW has changed it a ton, it's still such a hotbed of intrigue that it's hard to walk away from =)

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-07-10/0955:38> »
A few of the Horrors managed to sneak past the sentries on at least three occasions.  Once durng the Great Ghost Dances (each one could be considered separate, but the big one was with the volcanoes), once when Aina nuked Ysrthgrathe (and he thanked her for it, the bastich), and once when Darke formed his bridge to their Netherworld.  I don't think any came out when Ghostwalker returned (it's hard to call him that, to me he will always be Icewing) cause I'm pretty sure the dragon would have obliterated or evaded them before coming through.

That leaves it open for a number of minor Horrors to spread out, at the least.  Wraiths showing up is a sign of their (eventual) return, but I believe that most of the doorways to their realm have been sealed by Billy and Lethe.  Still, a few stories with the Enemy may creep in once in a while.
There is no overkill.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <09-07-10/0956:38> »
I'm with Moon on this. Add in the AI's and we now have a nice balance between four superpowers (Dragons, Elves, AI's, Corps) that don't know exactly how to deal with each other.

And thats just way to many supers for my taste. Dragons were great, they were the exotic(tm) factor and everything else was normal people bashing their head in with sticks, rocketlaunchers or dozends of their corporate minions. Oh well...

I'd like a new "Germany in the shadows" and "Shadows over Europe". I like running on my homeground, and while the german sourcebook for Munich was great I really miss having detailed information about the big european picture :(

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <09-07-10/1030:11> »

I love Denver to play in; the main group that I run operates their main base there.  Even though GW has changed it a ton, it's still such a hotbed of intrigue that it's hard to walk away from =)

It really is great- a divided metroplex constantly full of shadowy goings-on, like a Sixth World version of Cold War-era Berlin.
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-07-10/1211:22> »

It really is great- a divided metroplex constantly full of shadowy goings-on, like a Sixth World version of Cold War-era Berlin.

That does sound awesome! Perhaps I should write up a proposal to management for a Denver-based, espionage themed sourcebook that would update what's happening in Denver while also providing spy gear and other fun stuff!

Or perhaps I did that yesterday!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <09-07-10/1215:14> »
Tease.
There is no overkill.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <09-07-10/1235:56> »

That does sound awesome! Perhaps I should write up a proposal to management for a Denver-based, espionage themed sourcebook that would update what's happening in Denver while also providing spy gear and other fun stuff!

Or perhaps I did that yesterday!

Jason H.

I'm not sure what the Catalyst Game Labs rules are. Can I hug my boss without getting in trouble? Because suddenly I think I owe him that much.  ;D