Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

SR6 FAQ

(1/12) > >>

Lormyr:
A few points, praises, and criticisms worth bringing up:

Downtime
Overall I like the way this was implemented, especially ditching training times for adding value to Lifestyle choice instead, which previously has basically been an irrelevant choice.

On the other hand, I think that the 1 major/1 minor or 3 minor actions between each Mission is really going to limit the building and growth of some character types. Especially when you consider wanting to work for the man/people, there is too much to do for some characters and being that limited won't allow for a fraction of it unless the karma and nuyen rewards are being substantially reduced from Chicago's Season.

Augmented Skills
I see that SSDR's preferred interpretation of the skill augmentation made it to the FAQ. Overall it is a fine way to run the rule, but it does leave a few odd inconsistencies that I think need considered.

For example, any foci that adds to a skill roll (such as power, spellcasting, summoning, ect.) has no value in being over rating 4, but others that do not add to a skill roll (such as centering and qi) still go as high as you care to afford. It just makes for a really unsophisticated application to me.

Bioware/Cyberware
I know this rule existed previously as well, but I personally can't think of any good reason why we shouldn't allow characters to purchase used cultured bioware. Can someone explain to me why that choice was made?

markelphoenix:

--- Quote from: Lormyr on ---A few points, praises, and criticisms worth bringing up:

Downtime
Overall I like the way this was implemented, especially ditching training times for adding value to Lifestyle choice instead, which previously has basically been an irrelevant choice.

On the other hand, I think that the 1 major/1 minor or 3 minor actions between each Mission is really going to limit the building and growth of some character types. Especially when you consider wanting to work for the man/people, there is too much to do for some characters and being that limited won't allow for a fraction of it unless the karma and nuyen rewards are being substantially reduced from Chicago's Season.

Augmented Skills
I see that SSDR's preferred interpretation of the skill augmentation made it to the FAQ. Overall it is a fine way to run the rule, but it does leave a few odd inconsistencies that I think need considered.

For example, any foci that adds to a skill roll (such as power, spellcasting, summoning, ect.) has no value in being over rating 4, but others that do not add to a skill roll (such as centering and qi) still go as high as you care to afford. It just makes for a really unsophisticated application to me.

Bioware/Cyberware
I know this rule existed previously as well, but I personally can't think of any good reason why we shouldn't allow characters to purchase used cultured bioware. Can someone explain to me why that choice was made?

--- End quote ---

I believe it's due to Cultured Bioware being extremely tailored to a specific individual, so much so that it's effectively a tailored made organ specifically for their body, vs none cultured bioware that is more generic in nature.

Lormyr:

--- Quote from: markelphoenix on ---I believe it's due to Cultured Bioware being extremely tailored to a specific individual, so much so that it's effectively a tailored made organ specifically for their body, vs none cultured bioware that is more generic in nature.

--- End quote ---

I get that logic. My point is the core rules do not use that logic though, as used cultured bioware is allowed in general for the game, so why do we feel the need to disallow that for Missions? It's not exactly a game balance problem.

penllawen:

--- Quote from: Lormyr on ---Downtime
--- End quote ---
Hah! Seems to have ended up in a very similar place to my own downtime houserules (https://paydata.org/houserules/characters/downtime/). And, I note, yeeted SR6's training times into the sun, where they belong.

Beta:
Where are you finding this?  I don't see a link on this forum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version