NEWS

Lookin fer an OOOOLD file, maybe some of the old timers can help?

• 6 Replies

LaughingMan008

• Newb
« on: <11-06-10/2212:58> »
Hey all. Im looking for a MIDI file. It was called "shadowshock"
So why am I telling you folks about it? Because it IS Shadowrun related. Found it on a Shadowrun website. I thought it was Blackjack's Shadowrun page that hosted it (a site I bet most of you are too young to remember) But I jumped in the waybackmachine and dug up his site. Found plenty of fanfic, and 2 midi files he made to play during his games, and even a couple movies, but shadowshock wasnt there. Could have sworn he was the author of the song. Anyways, Im here to ask if this sounds at all familier to ANY of you, and if so, might you give me a lead on tracking it down. Its a catchy little beat, and I know it was from a shadowrun site. Not because of the name alone, but because I just distinctly remember their being other shadowrun programs all around. I know this is kind of borderline off topic discussion, but I thought it fit well enough to be posted here. Ide be real grateful if anyone could help me out.

LaughingMan008@aol.com

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #2 on: <11-07-10/0201:34> »
Could be from Burn:Cycle. Great cyberpunk computer game that came with a soundtrack CD. I've been trying to track that one down for ages.

The Cat

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <11-07-10/1327:42> »
I ran through all my old discs and I can find nothing about it, not even a reference from the old shadowrun mailing groups.  It doesn't appear in any of the sound files (wav, midi or otherwise) in my archives (several gigs and thousands of files) dating back to the early 90s.  If it was out there, it somehow slipped past me.  Is it possible it was something from the really early days (like the early Paolo Marcucci archives days)?

LaughingMan008

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <11-07-10/1758:18> »
Wow. Thanks everyone for bein so helpful, what Im talking about isnt here, but those are still some damn good sound files. ;)
Im SURE its pre-2000 is all I know. Because I was still in school when I found the thing, and I was well out of school by the end of 2001.
And im SURE it was called shadowshock.mid and came from a Shadowrun site, thats why I was so sure it was Blackjack's, because I remember he made a couple midis. But all I found were "Showdown" which I dont remember at all, and "Shootout at North Gate Mall" which I DO remember and liked. (figures though, the wayback machine could only find the former file on the servers)
But ya know, unless he updated and added another file, and the wayback machine somehow has an old version of the page, I gotta figure it was another Shadowrun site entirly. But I KNOW it was Shadowrun related, and not just because of the name. Thanks again for lookin around. Ive got my own stack of old CDs to llook through. Even gonna dig out a ZIP drive and check some of those, cause Im sure I had it on one at one point. (another sure sign that this file was pre-2000 LOL)
And thanks for giving me some OTHER great stuff to listen to. But I shant give up! :)

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #6 on: <11-07-10/1905:39> »
Burn:Cycle was a fairly neat game featuring some very memorable cyberpunk type characters. My favorite was ASCII the info broker. He wore a full suit with a helmet, spoke in a synthesized voice and no one knew if he was human or a rogue AI with a robot body. What made it unique was that you had the Burn virus in you at the beginning of the game and it would kill you in three or four hours. There was a running countdown clock and everything and that was realtime. Gave it much more of an action movie punch when you were racing against the clock for the whole game. Of course I found what i think was a glitch where one of the mini-games actually added time to your clock and you could play as much as you wanted.