NEWS

End State of SCIRE/ACHE?

• 6 Replies

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« on: <11-02-10/1143:03> »
Does anyone know or have a clue as to what the end state of the Renraku Archology was after Deus had the stuffing knocked out of him?

I have the old SR2/3 Renraku shutdown, but I hadn't read any source material that said what happened to take it down, or what was left of the hideous machine that Deus created.

I'm on the hook to run something in that old building for SR4, so I like an idea of what to throw at the players now.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #1 on: <11-02-10/1159:07> »
the long and short of it foxy is that they turned it into low income housing after they retook it and completely cleaned it out. (post crash 64) though a suggestion, read Kat Richardsons book "Underground" the "Old Seatle" areas are under the arcology, you might want to build a run off of that
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <11-02-10/1201:37> »
Renraku Arcology: Shutdown gives all the details on what was going on during the shutdown.

Brainscan is an adventure that takes place near the end of the Shutdown.

Threats and Threats 2 deals with some of the aftermath of the AIs and the Shutdown.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-02-10/1206:16> »
ACHE isn't completely cleared out, and there are still areas (the underground reactors, naturally) at the uppermost and deepest floors that are "off-limits" and filled with the opportunity to run some RA:S-like runs with rogue drones, packs of Banded who never left like those Japanese soldiers who refused to believe WW2 ended, and assorted nastiness that comes with the SCIRE/ACHE being a cubic kilometer piece of real estate where toxic, evil shit happened for 16 months.

I set the climax of a post-Crash 2.0 campaign (*ahem* vvvvvvv *ahem*) in the SCIRE if you're interested in just what kind of craziness could still remain.

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <11-02-10/1219:18> »
Apparently in the world that I'm running, which was in fact started by my GM, certain facilities in ACHE were reactivated to feed the ork underground with weapons and other toys. Where I'm coming in is when folks realized that a few too many systems were activated, like assembly lines that made the spiders, medusa and those evil, evil little dolls, all with the background of the ork underground about to start a mass riot and takeover of Seattle. And one of the players is the figurehead for it (read: target of opportunity). It's that player that is volunteering to be a Mr. J to hire on the alternate characters to dismantle the very war machine he has no control over, without getting him killed in the process.

The GM also stated there was several fragmented AI's, each fragment with the intelligence of a goldfish swimming around in it's architecture too, all kept in line by a sprite of some power whose sole job is to protect it's current inhabitants. Beyond that, it doesn't care what happens.

Ho boy. This is what I get for being a guest GM. :)

I was just hoping to do some more research so i can find something he hadn't thought of, and really twist the knife. *eeevil grin*

For note.. it's preparing for this game that's kept me from actually putting something together for the "15 minutes of fame" game I wanted to run here. As soon as this RL game is done, I'll be working on "15 minutes" again.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-02-10/1535:48> »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are the right kind of evil genius. +1.

You can add insect spirits and shedim. Possibly some political intrigue among the ACHE inma... residents. I'd definitely go with some crazy-ass Banded who've formed their own Cult of Deus or something hiding in the walls and crawlspaces, maybe trying to "recruit" new members. You know, for a corp with a security unit called the Red Ninja, there never seemed to be enough false walls and hidden tunnel spaces in the SCIRE.

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <11-02-10/1632:15> »
You should have seen the look on the player's face for that Mr. J when he realized exactly what kind of predicament he put his own character in. Made Man for the mob, now the ork underground who he's been helping to build up declared he's the general, irregardless of his wishes... and they won't listen to him when he calls for everyone to take a breath. The call to rise up and wipe out Seattle has been made. He needs to kill his own war machine without fingers getting pointed right back at him... the Player has become a Johnson. He even agreed to guest star as his character to RP out the meet and negotiations. And yes, I'm making him use his own pocket cash for this. muahahaha...

As for whom the imports from LA will be facing? I already figured that /someone/ in the ACHE building was pulling strings from the very beginning, a TM who by accident downloaded a fragment of Deus, and now thinks he IS Deus. The ork underground, the reawakening of the building, the chaos to be caused by the ork underground... they're all orchestrated, leading up to a massive finale. Essentially he's redoing his plan once more.

Shedim? Quite possibly... who knows what one may find in the tombs that once were the zombie rooms, or in one of the three labyrinths that Deus built...

And of course, as a side mission there /is/ that 8 million nuyen reward for finding out what's behind room 1835. It's going to be a real treat running a 2070 runner through an 2060 era computer system. ;)

When you get the corporate courts considering using Thor on ACHE to finish off the threat, you know you got problems.