NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

  • 377 Replies
  • 36654 Views

MDMann

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 126
« Reply #180 on: <04-20-17/1658:24> »
Awakened Peyote. Wyle E Peyote. I wonder what the effects would be?

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #181 on: <04-20-17/1714:50> »
For the record, peyote is native to SW Texas and Mexico. To my knowledge, it's not a Sioux tradition.

Awakened tobacco sounds promising though. @MDMann, if you have Chrome Flesh, the drug Snuff (p. 183) is a reasonable precedent.

GloriousRuse

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 153
« Reply #182 on: <04-21-17/0045:34> »
Only cracked plates here. No need for peyote.

Jayde Moon

  • *
  • Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2464
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #183 on: <04-22-17/0047:32> »
Gonna be out of the loop for about a week.  I may find a moment to check in, but possibly not.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #184 on: <04-24-17/1916:28> »
Alright, slackers, let's get some actions up before I murder you all for standing still.

Ball is in your court and you're twiddling your thumbs in the meantime.

Glorious has a post up. Per Swoopy's investigation, I'm attaching a map to this post in case anyone hasn't bothered to look up your geographical situation.

You're in the very northwest corner of Kansas, at the tip of the red arrow. The good news is that there are Sioux borders to the north, west, and south. Pretty much the only direction you don't want to go is east, especially since there are scary things headed in your direction from the east. Probably GMC Thunderhawk Ground Assault T-Birds, the gunship version of the Banshee, or maybe even GMC Gryphons.

As for the roads, refer to Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/L9ZffB7ofi92

Highway 36, going west, is the most direct route. You can take Highway 27 north or south, but those are longer. (You need to get to Haigler in the north or past Goodland to the south.)

Of course, if you're taking major roads then the people following you can do the same. You can venture onto the farm roads, but those are mostly buried by the blizzard. You could go on foot and try to lose your pursuers in the storm, but that will take a long time, and not everything is blinded by the snow...

GloriousRuse

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 153
« Reply #185 on: <04-24-17/2116:06> »
Updated the old post significantly.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #186 on: <04-24-17/2211:22> »
Looks like first order of business is addressing whether or not we should look for alternate means out.  I don't think the battlefield has changed meaningfully enough to abandon the Dragon, or the current exfil location.  We've got some good dynamic advantages with our lead, and our relative stealth.  We need to capitalize on that, which is why I don't favor abandoning the current course.

Shiriki will say as much in my next IC.  If the team feels differently, or if it comes down to Captain's orders, that is fine by me OOCly and ICly.

The question of what to do about Shiriki and Ite's body is a troubling one.  Part of me thinks I should abandon any current gunning plans to get the Dragon to the exfil as quickly as possible.  I can use "attacks" as "movements" as well, and vehicles can already go from Far to Near on a static target, so Tec, can I land the chopper, jack out, and start my running approach to the exfil location this Narration?  If so, how close can I get?

Assuming Ite is still Link-Locked, I'm not sure if I should manually pull the plug or not.  I can't see Shiriki carrying out a troll.  I have a hard time seeing him leaving Ite either, so that's a bit of a sticking point.

My actions this narration will be dependent on the above questions.  It may also be prudent to make a second stop to pick up Ite and Shiriki, but anybody like Jayde who knows more about this stuff have an opinion on that?  Or just anybody in general?

I'll put in my dice rolls tomorrow.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #187 on: <04-24-17/2300:43> »
Great post, GloriousRuse. Top-notch summary of the situation you're facing.

@rednblack This is a 30-second Narration - longer than a standard combat Narration - so you don't have to stick with the normal action economy. The Dragon is flying into a headwind but doesn't need to go that far. It can probably cover the distance in 10 seconds. Then say another 10 seconds to land, which is longer than usual but it is a big storm. That gives Shiriki another 10 seconds to get up and get moving.

You don't need a roll to fly the Dragon to the exfil point, but how about a roll to land it.

Moving Ité is a challenge. As it happens, a similar situation came up in the first PbP game I GM'd. The last man standing needed to move a wounded troll. The player was an outdoorsman in real life and presented me with a travois. I had never heard of it but it was a clever solution. Given your collective IC history - and your collective Survival skills - I would expect at least one PC to be familiar with them. Swoopy certainly would, and Shiriki too given his knowledge skill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travois
http://www.native-languages.org/travois.htm

The good news is that you are surrounded by trees that could potentially supply the materials for a travois. The other good news is that they work well on snow and frozen ground. The bad news is that it would take time to make one, and that slaloming through the trees while dragging Ité is not a fast prospect. You'll definitely be eating into your allotted twenty minutes, plus you'll be fighting a rearguard action against your pursuers.

There are other potential approaches but I'm not going to provide all the available solutions.

MDMann

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 126
« Reply #188 on: <04-25-17/0209:27> »
You'd be surprised. One man probably could manhandle a troll on his back. You can lift a pretty heavy amount, especially if you carry it right. One man in this case would be slung over the shoulders. It wouldn't be great or quick but at least there'd be plenty of ablative armour. It would be quicker though harder on the back to move with two people carrying. You'd probably get your full move but lose your attacks.
« Last Edit: <04-25-17/1404:21> by MDMann »

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #189 on: <04-25-17/1251:30> »
The travois is an idea, but I worry that will leave the team at the exfil location fighting off the mounting defense from a static position.  I think we may be better off doing pick up this narration and then leap-frogging to Shiriki and Ite's hidey-hole.  This will also give Ite more of a chance to beat the Link-Lock if he's able, or if Pap returns.

Shiriki will fire off commands to the roto-drone to abandon the rendezvous point and b-line it to the front lines, laying a nice barrage of covering fire as it does so.  I'm just going to roll 1 attack of its dog brain for now.  My understanding is that it would get AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) = 11 dice base to attack.  That right?
Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Range (2) = 7 dice: 7d6t5 1
Blah.

Let's see who the roto-drone misses.
1-18 Guard, 19-20 Doberman: 1d20 1
So, I guess that's a human.  Maybe the most human of the humans.  Or the Kurtziest of humans.  Frag that guy.

I'm going to spend a Plot Point to include a Glitch die on his Defense test.
Physical Defense: AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice + Glitch die: 8d6t5 1 1d6 2
Well, the Glitch die doesn't do anything, but he's Hit for 6S and gets twitchy with no armor to cushion the blow.

Next order of business is a Piloting test to land.  Let's hope landing goes better than takeoff.
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) - Nauseous (2) = 16 dice.: 16d6t5 4

Environmental Opposed Roll: 12: 12d6t5 4

I'm guessing Shiriki is the attacker here.  So, it's a rough landing, but a landing.

I'll toss an IC up shortly.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #190 on: <04-25-17/1259:37> »
I don't know who or what "Orbaal new manors" is. Neither does Google.

A realistic weight for Ité is 500kg, and very likely more due to his armor and gear. I am going to rule, unequivocally, that none of you can carry him by yourself. Two or more of you may be able to drag him, but even that's a stretch. You most certainly would not get your full movement, especially given the challenges with the snow.

Anyone interested in metahuman weights should read this, starting on page 28: http://www.shadowrun.us/materials/SHADOWRUN%20Supplement%20Issue%2013.pdf

Good IC post by MDMann, but we don't have a lot of discussion about where to go next, or how. The default is to continue what you were doing before, which involves Chante and Dan-Dan running through the woods while Shiriki lands and pops out of VR.

I'm considering Pap to have dropped. He's only been online once in the last 3.5 weeks, and even then he didn't post here nor respond to my PMs. Ité will expire at an inconvenient time and place.

Thanks for the rolls, rednblack. Evidently Kurtz's good luck expired at midnight.

MDMann

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 126
« Reply #191 on: <04-25-17/1355:05> »
Thanks.

Orbaal is a proto feudal realm where approximately 8000 barbaric Ivinians rule over 40000 oppressed Jarin serfs whose patchwork principalities they conquered 2 generations ago. Last generation they put down a bloody revolt. I think it's my autocorrect. Note, this is for a game that is crunchier than shadowrun. I'll edit it to something appropriate. Corporal Konrad by the way is very badly hungover. Karma is a bitch but we love her anyway.  ::)
« Last Edit: <04-25-17/1410:27> by MDMann »

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #192 on: <04-26-17/1457:54> »
So, Jayde's out for most of the week, and we still haven't heard from Pap.  Who still needs to get a post in?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #193 on: <04-26-17/1511:55> »
It's probably on me at this point. Yesterday was unexpectedly busy and I worked until 11pm. I hope to get one up soon, perhaps late this afternoon or tonight. I'll try not to advance it too far so that we can give Jayde a chance to contribute once he's back.

Before I forget, the rear ramp of the Dragon was a plot point Malfunction, and those are intended to be temporary. We'll say that it jarred loose with Shiriki's rough landing, so it is now down and you can come and go through the back. Note that there is a medium machine gun perched on the ramp to provide fire to the rear.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #194 on: <04-26-17/1521:38> »
It's probably on me at this point. Yesterday was unexpectedly busy and I worked until 11pm. I hope to get one up soon, perhaps late this afternoon or tonight. I'll try not to advance it too far so that we can give Jayde a chance to contribute once he's back.

Before I forget, the rear ramp of the Dragon was a plot point Malfunction, and those are intended to be temporary. We'll say that it jarred loose with Shiriki's rough landing, so it is now down and you can come and go through the back. Note that there is a medium machine gun perched on the ramp to provide fire to the rear.

Wiz.  No worries.  I just didn't want anybody to get geeked.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal