NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

  • 377 Replies
  • 36653 Views

MDMann

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 126
« Reply #165 on: <04-18-17/0646:06> »
I've added a filler piece. Got an idea but for drama it probably wants to wait until later in the sequence.

To stay hidden
Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4: 13d6t5 9 9 hits! Danyes goes invisible...

For the jump (when he makes it)
Agility 6 + wall running 1+ Light Body 1 + Athletics 4: 12d6t5 4 4 hits. Not too shabby.

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #166 on: <04-18-17/1314:59> »
@MDMann
Just to be clear, is Dan-Dan simply running to the extraction point rather than trying to jump on the chopper as it flies away?

If so, the current Narration will get you about halfway through the woods.

Point of realism: there is no one in the Dragon who could lower ropes out the front doors. That might be a good job for someone who could wall-run up a tree and then acrobatically grab a tire and then scramble inside the Dragon.

I'm going to call this Narration #2, to distinguish it from the #1 (which was the first 30 second Narration). During this Narration, rough locations are:

Dan-Dan: halfway through the woods (if on foot)
Swoopy: halfway through the woods
Shiriki: halfway through the woods (but still in VR pending his action)
Ité: halfway through the woods (but still in VR pending his action)
Chante: TBD

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #167 on: <04-18-17/1549:18> »
@rednblack
I was looking over your last IC post and wanted to make sure we were clear on a couple things. The Dragon is more like a Chinook (front/rear rotors) rather than an Osprey (side propellers/rotors). It doesn't have wings, there is no "right" propeller, etc. Don't forget that Shiriki is at -2 for Disorientation for this narrative.

I've been using this image, as it comes up under Ares Dragon, even though it obviously says Hauler.  I'll edit my IC to reflect the correct design.


To clarify, are you saying that Shiriki did not take any Biofeedback damage from the crash?  I currently have 8 of 10 Physical Condition Monitor boxes filled from the botched takeoff.

Now, about this whole broken ramp thing.  Hmm. With Dan-Dan not on board I'm almost tempted to kamikaze the thing into some giant earth spirits and ride the other one out of dodge, but that's relying on some ifs I'm not comfortable with considering everything crashing in on top of us.

With Ité having done about as much damage as he can in the matrix, and the limited ability of the Dragon to pilot itself, Shiriki is going to request that Ité jump out and carry his body back to the rendezvous point.  This could be interesting if Pap doesn't turn back up.  So, Pap, if you're out there, brother, I need a solid.

My understanding is that the Spirits are north of the fence, and the soldiers are making their approach from the barracks.  So, if Shiriki is making his approach to the exfil the spirits would be the closest targets.  While keeping distance at Near (100 meters or so), Shiriki will make 3 attacks against the Earth Elementals.  If I get to choose, I'll level the Assault Canon against the Spirit Chante's Spirit tried to erode, and use two machine gun bursts against the second.

These rolls are assuming that Shiriki does not have Wound modifiers, but is instead only hindered by the -2 for being Disoriented

Drone Shooting (Assault Canon): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 16 dice.: 16d6t5 5

Defense: AGI (4) + LOG (5) - Bzz (1) = 8 dice.: 8d6t5 1
That's 16P - 3 for Immunity = 13P.

Drone Shooting (Machine Guns): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 18 dice.: 2#18d6t5 3 9
I missed range mods again, which drops me to 3 and 8 Hits.

Defense: AGI (4) + LOG (5) = 9 dice.: 2#9d6t5 2 4
First Hit does 9P-3P = 6P, which I guess should cost the second roll a Hit. 
Second Hit does 13P-3P =10P.

After that, it's on to the rendezvous point.  Shiriki should land well within this second narration I would think.

I'm about to have to go run some errands, but I will try to get an IC up today or tomorrow.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

  • *
  • Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2464
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #168 on: <04-18-17/1636:51> »
Agi 7 + Ath 2: 9d6t5 2 hits

Jumping onto the bulldozer.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

MDMann

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 126
« Reply #169 on: <04-18-17/1646:56> »
The thought was for Dan-Dan to run towards the extraction point, get delayed or sidetracked by events and jump into or onto a departing chopper with baying hounds snapping at his heels. However, jumping into a moving copter to scramble down some ladders could also work. I was thinking they'd be on spools so could be set to lower automatically with a simple command or button push.

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #170 on: <04-18-17/1715:14> »
To my knowledge, there are no canon images of the Ares Dragon. I checked SR3 and SR4, as well as Rigger 2 and Rigger 3. I've been using something closer to this:



Pretend those windows are gun ports, and that there's front doors on each side.

@rednblack
Shiriki did not take any biofeedback damage from the crash. This is to stay consistent with Anarchy's approach to Armor being an extra layer of hit points rather than a damage mitigator. There won't be biofeedback damage until the Dragon starts taking boxes of Physical damage against its condition monitor.

The spirits are still south of the fence, as they are dancing with Chante's air spirit. Crashing into them is valid. Or you can blow them the heck up. The Dragon maxes out around 300kph so even if you're not moving at full speed you'll have enough time to both shoot the spirits and fly the Dragon to the extraction point, but you'll beat everyone there since they're all in the process of running through the woods.

Pap will acknowledge the request to pick up Shiriki's body and carry him through the forest. I'll address this in my next IC when the time comes.

As for shooting, you can use the assault cannon but there will be splash damage against Chante's air spirit. If you do shoot, it looks like you'll blow up the earth elementals quite effectively.

@MDMann
There are no ladders on spools to lower automatically, but we can say that Dan-Dan can lower them manually after jumping on.

@Jayde
You have an action in addition to your movement action. Is there anything you wanted to do? (I don't think sustaining Invisibility costs an action. The rules seem to imply that sustaining is a distraction but that regular actions are still possible.)

The dump truck, being faster than the bulldozer, hits the fence first and shorts it out. That kills the dump truck's engine. The bull dozer is slower but plows right through the fence and puts Chante on the edge of the tree line. She'll need about a minute to run to the extraction point.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #171 on: <04-19-17/1223:19> »
Some of the sources I read on the Dragon described it as a dual-prop, which would make me think it looks more like a Chinook, but I have no idea if those descriptions were pulled from canon or not.

I guess there's the IC question of whether or not Shiriki would see the Air Spirit tangling with the Earth Elemental, but assuming he could, he'd target the first Elemental with the Machine Gun as well.  That would put ammo at 7/10 mg attacks and 5/5 canon attacks.  That drops damage to 12P - 3P = 9P, and leave the Elemental still standing with 10 of 13 boxes filled. 

He'd stick around long enough to finish the work.  Not sure if Chante's Air Spirit will be making another attack before Shiriki gets to act again, but if not, or if he sees it still standing, he'll issue another burst from the machine gun.

Drone Shooting (Machine Guns): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 18 dice.: 18d6t5 7

Defense: AGI (4) + LOG (5) - Wound Penalties (3) = 6 dice.: 6d6t5 1
That'll do it.

Machine gun is now at 6/10 attacks.

Now a question of strategy.  Shiriki doesn't want to wait at the exfil location, and 1. leave the team without fire support and 2. potentially give the mounting offense a lead on where the ground operatives are heading.  He could conceivably push the Dragon's engines and issue strafing fire at buildings, vehicles, and drones, but we're already going to be pushing it on getting to the border.  I'm going to say that Shiriki keeps the Dragon near the fence until the last team member has gotten past, and at that point he'll double back for pick up.

I think the last known position of the Dobermans was near the airfield, so as one starts to close, Shiriki will hit it with the assault canon.  It may be worthwhile to put an assault canon round, or three through some of the other vehicles, but let's see how this first shot goes.

Drone Shooting (Assault Canon): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 16 dice.: 16d6t5 3
yuck.

Doberman Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice: 14d6t5 3
Yay for ties going to the attacker.  Doberman takes 12P.  That knocks out the Armor, plus 3 of 11 Condition Monitor boxes.

Ok, IC is coming up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #172 on: <04-19-17/1232:35> »
@rednblack is your last post restating your actions or are you pushing into the next Narration? It sounds like the latter, since you listed machine gun ammo at 6/10, but I need a chance for the opposition to react first, including the spirit and the doberman.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #173 on: <04-19-17/1329:44> »
@rednblack is your last post restating your actions or are you pushing into the next Narration? It sounds like the latter, since you listed machine gun ammo at 6/10, but I need a chance for the opposition to react first, including the spirit and the doberman.

I was indeed pushing into the next narration, or at least pulling past the first few seconds worth of actions in the 30 seconds.  I'll cut out my last IC from the time the doberman gets closer.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #174 on: <04-20-17/0129:24> »
Alright, I'm not feeling 100% in the meat world so I'll try to get through this without screwing up too much. I might not get to an IC post tonight though.

Let's cover the opposition:

Two soldiers on the east side
Blind fire at Swoopy. Already resolved.

Four soldiers on the west side
Since they can't see metahuman targets, they're going to fire at the Dragon. However, the down-draft is 1) kicking up a ton of snow in the faces (plus it's dark to begin with), and 2) buffeting them, making it hard to fire. Combine this with the fact that they are lowly humans and they are going to have some miserable firing penalties.

Shooting the Dragon: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Blind Fire 6 - Wind 2: 4#1d6t5 1 hit 0 hits 1 hit 0 hits

@rednblack You need to dodge two 1-hit attacks. As for what pool to use, I think you roll roughly the same amount of dice (due to shadow amps) whether it's AGI+LOG or AGI+Pilot (Other), so don't fret too much about which one makes more sense to roll. You're still at -2 to dodge. If you take a hit, it's 8P. The armor will auto-soak 1 hit, leaving 7P. The remaining armor will soak 5P, leaving 2P against the Dragon (and Shiriki).

The Dobermen
These are going to open up fire on the Dragon too. They're not quite as blind as the humans but the do have distance penalties.

Shooting the Dragon: Agility 8 + Firearms 3 - Visibility 3 - Wind 2 - Range 2: 2#4d6t5 1 hit 2 hit

@rednblack More of the same. There are no cumulative dodge penalties in Anarchy so you can roll all your defensive dice at once, if you wish.

The Earth Elementals
Shiriki tears one of these up. The other one has large chunks blown out of it to the point where it only has 3P boxes remaining on its monitor.

Before it gets shot again, it will depart to the astral. Then it will zip off to the Dragon and re-materialize inside. Shiriki will immediately be aware of the shift in weight. The Dragon's guns cannot be directed inward.

However, Chante's air spirit pursues and will have one more shot at boxing the Earth Elemental. The Earth Elemental is at -3 due to wound modifiers.

In classic Anarchy fashion, the book doesn't say what defense pool should be used for an Astral Combat attack, so I don't know whether it makes more sense for the air spirit to attack on the astral plane or the physical plane. However, given the air spirit's superior Agility, I'm going to guess that the Physical plane is the best bet. If the air spirit scores two net hits then it might be the end of Mr. Earth Elemental.

Air spirit attack: Agility 8 + Close Combat 3: 11d6t5 4 hits
Earth elemental defend: Agility 4 + Logic 5 - Wounds 3: 6d6t5 3 hits

Actually, upon reflection, this doesn't make sense. The air spirit does S not P when using unarmed attacks, which won't finish off the elemental under any circumstances. The air spirit needs to make a P (Electricity) attack to try to finish off the earth elemental, even if that means going up against a much bigger dodge pool. This is relatively important for the "don't let the earth elemental gut the Dragon and, thus, Shiriki" plan so I'll Edge the air spirit's attack before rolling the Earth Elemental's remaining dodge dice.

Air spirit Edge reroll: Edge reroll: 7d6t5 5 hits, so air spirit now has 9 hits total
I already rolled 6 for the Earth Elemental but it's dodge pool against electricity would be STR 10 + WIL 6 - Wounds 3 = 13 so I'll roll the 7 dice difference.
Earth elemental: Dice difference: 7d6t5 3 hits, for 6 hits total
However, the Earth Elemental doesn't want to get electrocuted either, so it's going to Edge as well. Edge reroll: 7d6t5 2 hits, for 8 hits total

The air spirit does 6P + 1 net hit = 7P = the earth elemental returns to sender.

@rednblack The electrical attack inside the Dragon does not feel good. However, it is skillfully targeted and does not directly damage the Dragon's systems. However, Shiriki gets to be at -2 again next round, this time for Nausea instead of Disorientation. However, this is much much preferable than what the earth elemental was going to do to you via hot sim, which was probably going to be the equivalent of turning your rib cage into a blender to liquefy your innards.



I'll cover Ité's actions when I get a chance to write the IC. The bad news is that he's link locked, cannot successfully jack out, and and can't drop to AR to carry Shirki out.

The barracks burst open and a couple dozen shivering soldiers who are sopping wet and ill-clothed pour out into the storm. They are waving around a hodgepodge of weapons but collectively they'll amount to a good wall of lead.

Here's where we are at the end of Narration #2:

Dan-Dan: halfway through the woods on foot
Swoopy: halfway through the woods on foot, now safe from blind fire
Shiriki: physically halfway through the woods, mentally in the Dragon and getting tazed from the inside out (-2 next round)
The Dragon: near the fence and tree line, busy down-drafting snow into all the suckers faces
Ité: halfway through the woods (stuck in VR due to link lock)
Chante: riding the bulldozer out of the base, she's now past the fence and is at the treeline
Air Spirit: riding the Dragon
6 clothed guards: blind firing at the Dragon and/or Swoopy
The Dobermen: blind firing at the Dragon
Boxer brigade: shivering in their boxers, looking for things to shoot so they can go back inside, especially the Dragon which is making the wind that much worse on their cold cold fannies

I'll try to IC this in the morning. Feel free to line up your next actions, but only rednblack and Chante are in a position to affect the opposition Swoopy or Dan-Dan decides to stop running and turn around.

MDMann

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 126
« Reply #175 on: <04-20-17/0307:08> »
Dan-Dan will probably continue on to link up with Swoopy, check his vitals and haul his meat carcass towards the RV point.

Here's a question. For Swoopy. Do you want a quick pick me up when tge good doctor reaches you? I'm thinking something for the disorientation and naseuea? Something I cooked up. It may have side effects... a mixture of awakened coffee and awakened tobacco (nicotine). Effects to be determined by the GM. Dan will take notes.. I'm tempted to write it as awakened Peyote instead.  ::)
« Last Edit: <04-20-17/0956:33> by MDMann »

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #176 on: <04-20-17/1416:38> »
Let's see how Shiriki does with his Defense rolls.  I'm going to use LOG to keep with core.
Drone Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) + Cerebral booster (1) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 20 dice.: 4#20d6t5 5 7 5 4
Ain't no thing.

Are the Dobermans also firing 8P weapons?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #177 on: <04-20-17/1426:14> »
Working on an IC post now.

@MDMann Swoopy is not wounded. His armor took the hit, and his armor doesn't particularly care about Awakened tobacco. Nobody is currently wounded, but - per your request - I'll try to ding one or two so that you can witch-doctor them.

@rednblack Nice dodging. However, if you're going to use Logic then technically you shouldn't be using the Control Rig and Combat Pilot shadow amps. That's why I said the dice pools were roughly equal: either you have LOG 6 + Cerebral Booster 1, or you have Pilot (Other) 5 + Control Rig 2 + VR 1. I actually forgot about Combat Pilot, so that would be another +2. So, ignoring Agility as the constant, you either have 7 dice with Logic or 10 with Pilot (Other). We'll call it Agility 8 + Pilot 10 = 18 to dodge going forward.

Don't forget your temporary -2 either. Dropping the last 4 dice changes the results to 3 hits, 5 hits, 3 hits, and 3 hits. All are still successful dodges.

And yes, correct, the Dobermans/men are firing assault rifles too.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #178 on: <04-20-17/1459:05> »
Dan-Dan will probably continue on to link up with Swoopy, check his vitals and haul his meat carcass towards the RV point.

Here's a question. For Swoopy. Do you want a quick pick me up when tge good doctor reaches you? I'm thinking something for the disorientation and naseuea? Something I cooked up. It may have side effects... a mixture of awakened coffee and awakened tobacco (nicotine). Effects to be determined by the GM. Dan will take notes.. I'm tempted to write it as awakened Peyote instead.  ::)

Shiriki is Disoriented and Nauseous.  I can't think of anything bad that might happen from a pilot under the effects of peyote. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
« Reply #179 on: <04-20-17/1611:52> »
Shiriki is just nauseous now. The disorientation has faded but was replaced with nausea.

IC is up. I think I covered everything. Next up: more of the same. Go ahead and declare your actions for the next 30 seconds or so. (If you need a point of reference, I am calling the past narration #3 and this upcoming one #4.) That will be enough time for Swoopy to make it to the extraction point, or to change course and reach Shiriki's position. Same for Dan-Dan. Chante is a bit behind the others but could probably reach Ité/Shiriki this turn too. She's the most vulnerable to blind fire though.

You have enough time to discuss the situation (e.g. Chante's question about alternative routes) in addition to whatever physical actions you want to take.

You can physically yank the wire out of Ité's datajack, but it will either make him puke his guts out (best-case scenario) or have a stroke (worst case).