NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #135 on: <04-08-17/1122:44> »
I'll. Post tonight. I'll write the post, then roll the dice, then edit to fix any discrepancies. Dan-Dan should take out 1 man, possibly discreetly.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <04-08-17/1415:45> »
I'm not sure why you wouldn't roll first and then write, but follow your creative process where it leads. I look forward to seeing it.

Don't forget that the two humans don't get a defense roll, as they didn't do well on their Perception tests.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <04-10-17/0043:37> »
Things I don't know the location of
1) Pap, who has been missing for a week without notice. I'll puppeteer him for the moment.
2) MDMann's rolls, which I'll make on his behalf so we can keep moving.

Dan-Dan
I'll start with Dan-Dan. He gets a free attack on one of the humans since he out-stealthed them. Per his IC, we'll go with one stabbing attack and tranquilizer attack. I'm going to make the stabbing attack first to address the man's armor and the tranq attack second. I agree that it's a bit dumb to deal with the armor this way; I'm thinking of possible solutions to deal with armor to keep things moving. A -4 Called Shot to avoid armor is not out of the question. I'm open to suggestions.

Stabby stab: AGI 6 + Close Combat 4 + Weapon Focus 2: 12d6t5 4 hits

Strength 6 divided by 2 is 3, plus 1 is 4, plus 4 hits is 8 boxes of damage against the human's armor. Now on to tranq rag.

Nighty night: AGI 6 + Close Combat 4: 10d6t5 4 hits

Base damage is 6S plus 4 hits equals 10 boxes of damage. 4 go against "armor" and the human takes the other 6. I'm going to disregard his bone lacing due to the nature of the damage. He's at -2 now.

Swoopy
I'm going to rule that Swoopy shoots the other human because he gets undodgeable shots. This might not be 100% within Glorious' provision orders, but so it goes.

One shot connects for 6S plus 3 nets hits equals 9 boxes of damage to the man's armor. I'm again going to disregard the bone lacing since the damage is going against armor.

Ité
Hmm, what should Ité do. Well, cat's out of the bag with the fomori's gunshots, so he'll tell the drone to load some ammo onto the Ares Dragon. The longer the Dragon stays on the ground, the more ammo that will get loaded.

Bossing around ammo drone: Logic 5 + Hacking 6 + Spec 2 + VR 1 + Codeslinger 2: 16d6t5 3 hits

Not very impressive. Let's Edge that. Edge reroll: 13d6t5 5 hits

So 8 hits total. Let's see what the Host has to say about that:

Host Host resist: 12d6t5 3 hits

Eh, I guess Edge wasn't necessary after all. Pity. The drone gets to work putting ammo on the Dragon.

Human #1
This poor bloke is being stabbed and roofied by Dan-Dan. He'll try to spin around with the butt of his gun and thump Dan-Dan in the head. This only works because Dan-Dan's knife didn't get all the way through the armor.

Going clubbing: Agility 5 + Close Combat 3 - Wound 2: 6d6t5 1 hit

@MDMann Dodge 1 hit, please.

Human #2
This chummer just got shot out of nowhere and he knows it. He'll go prone and comm for backup while looking for the shooter:

Spotting Swoopy: Perception: 8d6t5 2

@Glorious Please roll your large Stealth pool against the chummer's 2 hits here.

Now, going back to the top of the order:

Fomori
The fomori doesn't really have a target, since he doesn't see Dan-Dan and Chante just went invisible. He knows his comm is acting up so he's going to Blind Fire, more with the goal of continuing to raise the alarm than to successfully hit Chante (although he might).

Shooting the night: Agility 4 + Firearms 2 + Cybereyes 2 - Blind Fire 6: 2d6t5 1 hit
Second attack: Agility 4 + Firearms 2 + Cybereyes 2 - Blind Fire 6: 2d6t5 0 hits

@Jayde Dodge 1 hit, please. Base damage is 8P + terrible shame if you don't manage to dodge it.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Armor     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0P0GMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P1235 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P1246 of 6
Ité YeyΆ4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1244 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1241 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P1252 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-6S 0P4GMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0P3GMGM
GMN/AN/AN/AN/A33 of 3

Actions to all PCs.
« Last Edit: <04-10-17/0138:18> by Tecumseh »

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #138 on: <04-10-17/0135:41> »
Dodge roll

Dodge agility 6 + acrobatics 5: 11d6t5 3 3 hits not sure sure if it's acrobatics or close combat I'd roll but it's academic anyway.

Close combat to hit him again
Combat agility 6 + close combat 4 + weapon focus 2: 12d6t5 2 2 hits, sheese

Slip him a Mickey Finn
Drugging agility 6 + close combat 4: 10d6t5 5 5 hits, more like it.

Stealth to stay hidden
 Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4: 13d6t5 5 5 hits

Same again please Sam. Let's lay this sucker out cold.

I edited the post and added in the new round of actions. I can split it into a separate post if it's clearer.
« Last Edit: <04-10-17/0147:10> by MDMann »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <04-10-17/0147:57> »
Dodging is Agility + Logic. It's one of the best reasons not to dumpstat Logic in Anarchy. (The second-best reason is Perception.) This would actually give Dan-Dan one extra die, which he doesn't need in this case.

Soldier dodging the blade: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - Wounds 2: 6d6t5 1 hit

Dan-Dan does 4P base + 2 net hits = 6P. The soldier's bone lacing kicks in and the soldier takes 4P.

Then it's on to the sweet sweet drugs. Dodging: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - Wounds 2: 6d6t5 3 hits

Dan connects with 2 net hits. That moves the damage from 6S to 8S. The man is now at 14S, which exceeds his Stun Monitor and puts him to sleep. ZZZZ.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #140 on: <04-10-17/0942:39> »
Agility 7 + Logic 3: 10d6t5 4 hits
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <04-10-17/1226:41> »
Thanks, Jayde. Good dodge. Go ahead and declare your next round of actions.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <04-10-17/1743:24> »
Actions to all PCs.

Thank you, Glorious. You remain undetected.

I'll say it again in case it was lost at the bottom: we're now in the second round. The fomori has acted, so everyone else can now take their turns. Dan-Dan has put his man to sleep, so we have the fomori and the second human to address.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #144 on: <04-10-17/1900:05> »
Shooting the Fomori:

Agility (7) + Firearms (5): 12d6t5 5 Hits BOOYAH!

Fomori Defense:

Agility (4) + Log (3): 7d6t5 2 Hits

Ugh, -2 to his damage, so that's only 9 stun, he's down to 2 stun left.  Still beats his strength, that's twice I've pushed him down.

I am of the mind he should be losing one of his attacks for being knocked prone... .. ....!
That's just like... your opinion, man.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #145 on: <04-11-17/1212:45> »
So, again about Shiriki's actions: his 3 "Attacks" is a drone Amp, that is only to be used with gun drones.  I'm going to go ahead and make a roll for issuing commands to the Dragon, and have the previous roll stand piloting the Roto-drone, as Amp stuff aside I think he could still accomplish both in a Narration.  But, I need to remember that Shiriki has 2 "Attacks" in meat-space, due to his Wired Reflexes, or 3 with his gun drones, via the Amp.  In VR, it looks like he's stuck with one.  If gaining control of the Dragon makes it function as a Gun Drone, let me know, Tec.  That certainly makes things easier once we get moving.  I guess the main sticking point is whether the Custom Gun Drone is software in him, or hardware in the drone.

Going to Pre-Edge again.  This is my last individual Edge, so @Jayde, I'll be poaching off of Chante from here on out.
Hacking: LOG (6) + Hacking (5) + Cerebral Booster (1) + VR (1) = 13 dice.: 13d6h4 8
Coding is off.  That's actually 7 Hits, as we don't re-roll 6s.

Host resists with 12 dice.
Host Resist: 12: 12d6t5 3

Between Shiriki and Ite, the dragon is warming up, and getting loaded.

For 2nd pass, or round 2, or whatever we're calling it, Shiriki is going to take 3 shots.  The first will be at the prone Fomori.  The latter two will be at the last remaining human.  I'm going to give them both Defense tests because of the poor Piloting roll.  There shouldn't be any Range penalties.

Drone Shooting (Fomori): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) = 20 dice.: 20d6t5 8
Bzzz.

AGI (4) + LOG (3) = 7 dice.: 7d6t5 3
5 Net Hits brings the damage up to 11S, -2 to 9S total.  That should put him the rest of the way to sleep.

Drone Shooting (Humann): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) = 20 dice.: 2#20d6t5 9 7
Nice little pair of bursts.

AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice.: 2#8d6t5 0 3

6S base becomes 13S and 18S with Net Hits and Bone Lacing.  I think that will take him out of the game.

IC forthcoming.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <04-11-17/1340:28> »
@rednblack You are correct that some of your attack actions are due to the drone amp and are not interchangeable with Matrix attacks. I misspoke.

Hmm, good question on whether the Dragon should function as an independent gun drone. Let me think about this. On one hand, it seems like it would make sense given the setting, but on the other hand, for game balance, I want to avoid Shiriki just hacking every drone in sight and ending up with a huge swarm of drones that give him a bajillion attacks. The software vs. hardware shadow amp is a good distinction to make. For now, we'll say that Shiriki has to jump into the Dragon to operate its weapons.

When running Ité's actions, I also noted that it was strange that he only got one Matrix action. I will tentatively propose the possibility of house ruling this so that VR provides +1 attack. That would at least balance out the current, less-logical situation of Shiriki having 2 attacks in the physical world (via Wired Reflexes) while only having 1 attack in VR.

I'm going to stick by my earlier restriction of not having the extra action stack with the gun drone attacks while being jumped into them - chalk up it to the limited firing rate of the gun drones - but this would create the opportunity for Shiriki to be hacking on the side while the gun drones do their thing. This will be especially important if Pap doesn't return.

If anyone else notices absurdities in the rules, let me know. Some we'll have to keep in the name of game balance or keeping things rules-lite, but if there are logical fixes that aren't complicated then I am open to considering them.

@All Nice work on dispatching the three soldiers, and good IC posts too.

In one of my finer moments, I took my work laptop home last night and then didn't bring it back to the office today. I am working on a backup computer so I don't have my usual books and resources handy. The next step is for me to write up an IC post for Ité and then move things a step forward, but that might not be until this afternoon or evening.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #147 on: <04-11-17/1346:29> »
I agree that having Shiriki hack a bunch of drones and then get 3 attacks per would be pretty unfun for everyone involved -- myself included.  One possible interpretation would be for Shiriki to have 3 attacks total on Gun drones.  This way, if he's splitting his actions between the Dragon and the roto-drone, or three drones, or whatever, he's got 3 attack actions to make.  If at some point in the future, Shiriki has a whole swarm at his disposal, I guess those drones acting independently could do their own thing with one attack per, but only the primary would benefit from extra attacks.  Am I making sense here?  Thoughts?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #148 on: <04-11-17/1520:30> »
If Shiriki gets a swarm he gives it a command (or three) and the whole swarm follows the command/s, doing the same thing. Each individual in the swarm adds as many extra dice as seem appropriate to each action. But it's only rolled once per action. The same for defence.

How does that work?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <04-12-17/0107:21> »
IC post is up. Let's get a round of IC posts from everyone to cover the next thirty seconds or so. The demo team needs most - but not all - of that to finalize the placement of the charges.

For reference, the gunfire was at the dish to the west. The drones and spirits are converging in that direction. The spirits will dematerialize and rematerialize near the western dish. That will take ten seconds or so. They are slow and cumbersome and you can outrun them, but they could still interfere with stationary targets, like the demo team or the charges themselves. It's possible that they could be lead on a merry chase. Have fun with your narrations.

(Speaking of spirits, @Jayde we've been neglecting your air spirit.)

Swoopy is at the dish to the east. Chante and Dan-Dan are at the dish to the west.

The guard shacks (the head and shoulders symbols) each have a pair of guards that will emerge once they override the door locks. The thirty dudes in wet t-shirts will be emerging from the little hut.

The Dragon is one of those four-lined symbols next to the dish on the left. The other Dragon is there too, plus whatever other vehicles a Narrator chooses to place there. Dragons are roughly the equivalent of a CH-47 Chinook. Your gunship has two machine guns on each flank, one machine gun to the aft, and a cannon/launcher to the fore. Thanks to Colloton's generous military budgets, the machine guns are being loaded with APDS ammo. Unfortunately, that will make it more difficult to comply with your orders "to remain non-lethal to the greatest extent possible." Conversely, the UCAS might have spent their budget on ammo instead of software because Shiriki thinks that the Dragon's autosofts are definitely from last generation, maybe even two generations ago. (That's generations of software, not people.) In other words, it's a bit dopey.

Let me know if you have questions but, as always, you are free to fill in the gaps as you see fit.

« Last Edit: <04-17-17/1344:08> by Tecumseh »