NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <04-04-17/1625:31> »
@MDMann Thanks for the rolls. I'll update the table.

The IC pushes things too far forward, both in terms of not allowing the troll to act first but also in terms of describing an attack which hasn't been rolled yet. I'll also note that chloroforming someone takes five minutes, not five seconds as commonly represented. Using chems from the medkit is an interesting idea; the damage code would be 6S to mirror a tranq pistol.

As for being a minotaur, two thoughts:
1) My racial randomizer roll should have allowed 1% for an "Other" category. Technically metavariants are sub-subspecies, not "Other" (like a metasapient or a free spirit), but given the roll of 100 I'm open to introducing a little extra flavor; and,
2) That said, I'd prefer if the flavor were somewhat less improbable, as I try to run a realistic setting. Let's go with a Fomori instead, as the British/Celtic extraction is easier to explain in the UCAS. Plus, the presence of a competent fomori officer would make sense in the context of a project with PR exposure, as fomori are the less-ugly faces of the troll community.

The fomori will lack a troll's dermal plating but instead will have an Arcane Arrester quality that gives him +2 to resist spellcasting. Perhaps this explains why Chante did not target the officer with Influence.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #121 on: <04-04-17/1747:42> »
Initiative: 8d6t5 4 hits

I'll move after the Fomori.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #122 on: <04-04-17/2309:25> »
Initiative, patrol fight: 9d6t5 2

Well then. Guess it'll be a little late on the draw this time.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #123 on: <04-05-17/1153:46> »
Apologies for my absence yesterday.  Babysitter got sick, so that kinda threw a wrench in things.

Initiative:
Initiative: 9d6t5 4

I would also like to spend a Plot Point on Malfunction.  The troll alerts his companions in auditory range, but their comms are on the fritz.  The snow?  Ite?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <04-05-17/1328:00> »
Malfunction is a good idea. The question is how broadly to apply it. I'm going to say that it only affects the officers comm, not the soldiers' comms, but why would the soldiers call it in if their officer already did? Whoever ICs it can attribute it to the storm, or a burst of Noise from one of the hackers, or anything else that strikes their fancy.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0PGMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P41 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P52 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-0S 0PGMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0PGMGM
Ité YeyΆTBDFar (and in VR)0S 0P45 of 6
GMN/AN/AN/A23 of 3

Waiting for an Initiative roll from Pap, then we'll proceed. I'll give Pap a few more hours before I roll for Ité.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <04-05-17/1937:07> »
Alright, Pap has had 24 hours to roll, plus 6 more, so I'll roll and we'll move on.

Ité: Initiative: 8d6t5 4

The officer will act first, then the PCs, then the soldiers.

The fomori officer will raise his weapon and order Chante to drop to her knees. This will serve as a held action against any untoward moves made by Chante. He will try to comm in news of the intruder but will fail to do so due to an unforseen malfunction.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0PGMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Ité YeyΆ4Far (and in VR)0S 0P45 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P41 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P52 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-0S 0PGMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0PGMGM
GMN/AN/AN/A23 of 3

@All Actions to everyone else now. You are free to hold actions if you want others to go first. I'll work on an IC post.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #126 on: <04-06-17/1433:44> »
Rolling for Invisibility Spell, utilizing a plot point for a Glitch Die:

Willpower 6 + Sorcery 5: 11d6t5 2 hits Glitch Die = 6: EXPLOIT!

going to use that exploit to burn his attack at a wasted feint.

Rolling for attack, using edge, gonna take this troll down quick fast and in a hurry, mehopes.

Agility 7 + Firearms 5 + Edge 6: 18d6t4 11 hits

He gets to dodge:

Agility 4 + Logic 3: 7d6t5 3 hits

So that's going to be 16 damage from stick and shock.  His Boen Lacing reduces that to 14.  Not sure how AP works in Anarchy  But I'm going to say it takeshim to the ground and let Tecumseh decide if he gets back up again.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <04-06-17/1601:24> »
Good IC, Jayde. Having the fomori miss his held action is a good use of the Invisibility exploit. However, there is a potential rules violation: Chante can only sustain one spell at a time (p. 46). In order to cast Invisibility, she needs to drop Increase Reflexes. If she drops Increase Reflexes, she doesn't have a second attack/action to shoot the fomori. In theory she could do both (cast and shoot) if she shoots first, then casts Invisibility second, but then she would be vulnerable to the troll's held action.

I'm going to piggyback on the Invisibility Exploit and wave the issue for this round, saying Increased Reflexes stayed up long enough to allow for the second action, but this will not be the default interpretation.

The only thing in Anarchy that has AP is magic (spirits/critters and spells have Armor Avoidance) and Matrix damage. For balance purposes, all other damage hits armor first, even if doesn't make a lot of sense (like a rag soaked in tranquilizers). I'll add an armor column to the table.

A glitch/exploit die could potentially be a good way to add AA to a regular attack via a called shot or the like. This possibility is suggested on p. 39.

Base damage of SnS is 6S + 8 net hits = 14S. The troll's armor eats 12 of that and the bone lacing removes the last 2. I'm fine with the fomori being prone and disoriented, but these are narrative effects, not mechanical. The troll's armor is effectively neutralized.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Armor     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0P12 0GMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P1235 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P1246 of 6
Ité YeyΆ4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1245 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1241 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P1252 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-0S 0P12GMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0P12GMGM
GMN/AN/AN/AN/A33 of 3

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #128 on: <04-06-17/1643:36> »
Maneuvering through the rules in the book is difficult.  I think it's a combination of layout and what we think we already know.

Like, the idea that you can only sustain a single spell at a time in a game mode that's supposed to allow for Gee Whiz narrative action feels counter intuitive.

In any case, duly noted for the next time!

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #129 on: <04-06-17/2145:21> »
Just checking in. Forums were nasty for me today. I probably won't be able to roll tonight but I should get to it first thing tomorrow.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #130 on: <04-07-17/1150:36> »
Ok, so I'm still trying to figure out what all can reasonably be accomplished in a Narration.  In a 5e game, it would be a Complex Action to get the Dragon moving, and another to exit the Host.  That's two turns right there, but Anarchy doesn't track a lot of this stuff, and the section on Narrations specifically mentions combat actions, which Shiriki gets multiples of for shooting, but not for matrixy stuff, and there's nothing saying that they cross over for other types of actions.  But say, could Shiriki give orders to the Dragon, and then jump into his roto-drone and fire twice since he gets 3 "Attacks?" 

I think I'm going to come down on the side of no. 

Shiriki is going to order the Dragon to make an approach on the north side of the fence.  Since he will not be jumped into it, what kind of dice do I have for Piloting tests, @Tec?

Then he's going to jump into the Roto-drone and descend from Far to Near.  Or at least I think it's "Near," say 40 meters above?

I'll toss in a gratuitous Piloting check, bc blizzard and a stealth test.

Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice.: 18d6t5 2
That's not great.  Tec had mentioned using Thresholds instead of opposing pools for these rolls, but I'm going to assume a Threshold of 3, so that hoses Shiriki.  I could see this either: (1) throwing him off course, (2) make the drone automatically seen, or (3) cause a crash.  The latter is RAW, but given the elevation, I would think Shiriki would have another chance at regaining control before boom.  Let me know what you think, Tec.  I'll hold off on the Stealth test for now.

« Last Edit: <04-07-17/1437:44> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #131 on: <04-07-17/1311:46> »
I know we all are basing our understanding of Anarchy off SR5, which in most cases is understandable since Anarchy is so loose and undefined.

Matrix, Magic, and Combat actions generally take one "attack" each. So what's an "action"? Who knows; whatever we think is reasonable and semi-realistic. Movement only matters in the context of changing between Close/Medium/Far. Everything else is swept under the rug of Narration, including details like going prone or standing, picking up or dropping things, taking cover, etc.

I think something in Anarchy says to think of a Narration as lasting a few seconds, but I don't want that to limit our roleplaying. Maybe don't give a full Braveheart speech during a Narration - you'll have to summarize it - but I'm not going to make people count words like I do in SR5. Similarly, if it's cooler to narrate a longer back-and-forth of fisticuffs or gunplay, by all means do so even if it wouldn't logically fit into three seconds.

When it doubt, feel free to ask. But, know that one of my primary reasons for doing this scenario in Anarchy was to gloss over a lot of the nitty gritty details. Who wants to play out an attack a full platoon of soldiers via PbP with SR5 rules? It would take a year! When in doubt, keep things moving forward.

So, what can Shiriki do. He can issue a basic order to the Dragon as an "attack" (which needs to be resisted by the device/host), but the Dragon still needs time to execute those orders. It can't go from being on-the-ground-with-engine-off to in-the-air-with-motors-spinning within one Narration. Let's break that into two, where this Narration it fires up and next Narration is takes off, at which point Shiriki will pilot it clumsily.

That does leave two actions for Shiriki to hack something else, or to jump into his drones and open fire. They can move from Far to Medium before shooting.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #132 on: <04-07-17/1442:20> »
I wasn't intending for the Dragon to get on the scene immediately.  He's just issuing commands for it to start moving.  At least a narration or two for the engines to warm up and then probably another Narration or three on the scene is probably reasonable.  That's why I need to know what kind of dice pool it has for auto-pilot.  Also, I thought Shiriki already had control of the Dragon.  Will he be fighting with the Host for each action he issues it?  Will that be negated if he Jumps In?  I'm just trying to figure out how we should best play the matrix version of hot-wiring the thing.

The Piloting test is for the Roto-drone and engaging the trio of soldiers the forward team is currently tangling with.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <04-07-17/1812:05> »
From his last action, Shiriki has his MARKs on the Dragon.

He can either issue the Dragon instructions via Command Device, or he can jump in. Either way, the Host has the opportunity to object.

We'll say once Shiriki is jumped into the Dragon there won't be roles against the Host for the individual commands, but instead he'll be rolling to control the vehicle.

Because Shiriki has 3 attacks, a lot of this could happen bing-bang-boom. He could 1) hack a vehicle, 2) jump in, and 3) boss it around, all within the span of a single Narration.

The autopilot is Average (8). It will have a tough time in the storm, which will be rolling 12 dice against piloting actions. Failure doesn't necessarily mean a crash, but it's not good either. It could be a collision of some sort, perhaps resulting in damage to the Dragon's armor or other interesting malfunction. Maybe the skids get ripped off, so it's hard to land...

If people have other ideas about the best way to balance SR's fluff with Anarchy's rules-lite approach, I'm open to hearing them.

@Pap @Glorious @MDMann I need actions from you. It's been almost 48 hours since the call went on. Things are going to go south fast if you all start holding actions to pick your noses.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #134 on: <04-07-17/1937:03> »
I was waiting to see the results of the people ahead of me initiative wise, but we can assume it is of the shooting variety following this logic:

Are there any un-used, still breathing enemies? If yes, shoot as follows

If only one is left, shoot him/her.

If two are left, shoot the one with the most damage assuming it does not have a Dan Dan in the way. Transition second shot to other enemy if the target is dropped on the first shot.

Else, shoot the fomori until he is out of combat, then work targets as above.

Shooting: AGI 5 + Skill 4 + Amp 2 - Bliizzard 3 - Range 2 = 6: 2#6d6t5 0 3

Looks like it won't much matter...