NEWS

Current state of Mt Shasta?

• 5 Replies

Kwai

• Newb
« on: <01-14-17/1521:48> »
Ola! Just curious what's been happening since Hestaby abandoned a prime piece of mystical real estate?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-14-17/1528:20> »
Burnt to a crisp.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Kwai

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-14-17/1759:00> »
Aye: looking at who might move in afterwards as a springboard for some runs.It is still a powerful magic site?
I understand the Shasta Shamans *appear* to have gone the toxic avenger route. Add in Ryumyo trying to control the Ring of Fire ( and parties interested in preventing that), potent magical groups like IOND and the Black Lodge, Japan Corps, Wuxing, Aztechnology, SK, the possibility the NAN would want it declared a shamanic holy site, the Cal Free Guv'mint: it seems without a GD or IEs openly active in the area there are a lot of potential shadows for the Mt Shasta macguffin.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <01-16-17/1529:09> »
I would predict that EiraHaexa's description of 'burnt to a crisp' would continue to be accurate for at least 50-75 years.  If a Great Dragon (Ryumyo or Lung) wanted the place, it seems to me to be something he'd want to act very carefully in regards to - basically call a council and request permission to claim the location.  IMO, any non-dragon would be a citizen of Fry City after 3-6 months of inhabitation, just because my headcanon is saying the GDs would be checking up on the place and making sure it was left alone - out of a certain amount of respect, either for the fact that it was a major lair for a GD, or to make sure other people were respecting their authority.
« Last Edit: <01-16-17/1531:13> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Kwai

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <01-16-17/1921:00> »
Good points. I'm looking at the magical power of the site as the overarching macguffin.
I can see a line of standing stones coming south from the Tir: a sequence of Shinto shrines going south: geomancy and geomasonry used to bleed the mountain's power to facilities in the mountains, and a race to set this stuff up. (Parageology pg6 shows a big fat dragon line going through the area) There is a small list of entities able to pull this sort of thing off, but Aztech, Wuxing, the San Fran JapanCorps, SK, enter the associated politics, lies and shadows created by both.

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #5 on: <05-08-17/2347:42> »
Fire is so not that crispy....

Reading recently, Mt Shasta still has plenty of resources for talismongers and reagent seekers.  Should anyone have 'burnt to a true crisp' the Mountain, it would have gnarled the ley line it serves as a nexus upon, and that would have pissed off literally all the magical big wigs.

As for Hestaby, 'Orange Queen" resurfaces in the Matrix in a book recently released as well.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."