NEWS

The problem with Shadowrun these days

• 13 Replies

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« on: <04-01-13/1941:08> »
Is it looks like this (And arguably worse with Echo's drek)

When it should look like this

Seriously. That poster reaks of awesomeness. My girlfriend just found it in her ancient game gear travel case.  Nothing is more awesome then that.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-01-13/2001:47> »
Can't say I agree at all regarding Echo's work...hits all the right spots for me. I do agree that the cover shown is not one of the best (IMHO).  I do like Komarck's SR5 cover and am looking forward to the future art blogs RB referred to on FB.  My biggest hope is that the books go all color with the new edition.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #2 on: <04-01-13/2031:18> »
Her men all look like post-ops.

I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-01-13/2114:06> »
Huh...I always thought was a woman... ???

Guess well just have to agree to disagree  ;)

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #4 on: <04-02-13/0419:37> »
That's a dude?! Damn, it's Bill Kaulitz all over again :-((
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #5 on: <04-02-13/1011:02> »
Pretty much. It's kind of gag-inducing.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #6 on: <04-02-13/1239:52> »
How about this cover?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #7 on: <04-02-13/1252:14> »
Sorry CanRay. No more purchases of lame duck editions. :(

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <04-02-13/1320:01> »
Did I ask about the book?  I asked about the cover.  How could it be more awesome?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #9 on: <04-02-13/1325:36> »
I can't seem to find a picture of the cover that's larger then a couple hundred pixels.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #10 on: <04-03-13/0217:36> »
It could be a bearded woman, Wildcard.  I've seen weirder in Shadowrun.  It's already got electric blue hair, a leaf in its hair...  Bunnyrabbit on its glove...  WAIT.

Angular chin and nose...  Firing a rifle with glee, eyes filled with a "I'm better than you" look...  It must be an elf!  That explains everything!
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-04-13/2129:41> »

It's a sufficiently flavour driven book to be editionless.  There's some addiction rules in there that justify the fluff, but those could be used as the basis for an advanced addiction system in any other edition too.  Things like the relative addictive strengths of different substances is a useful thing to have.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #12 on: <04-05-13/0155:46> »
Perfectly normal in Shadowrun's glamrocker age.

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #13 on: <05-24-13/0804:17> »
Yeah, I actually bought Sim Dreams, and the addiction rules alone were worth it. No more arguments about how addicted a PC is when they are on their fifth hit of Kamikaze in as many days. Seriously, I had to have that argument before. Never again. Also, I enjoy anything that will make the setting more real. And knowing more about BTLs is never a bad thing when it's one of the most commonly used illicit "drugs" in the Sixth Age so far. I WANT to have stories where the characters are at risk of gateway drugging their way into something horrible, in which they are only running the shadows to pay off their next hit. I WANT to have stories where a run goes bad because the addict is cruising on something that has adverse affects towards the run. You know, reality. When you're dragging a hunk of street meat from out of a gang, and into the shadows he's GONNA be on something, just to "give him an edge" compared to all the stories of shadowrunners he's grown up on.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."