NEWS

Rigger, Hacker and Samurai security Scripting Discussion

• 10 Replies

Morg

« on: <05-25-11/1403:57> »
I hear a lot about Hardware on the boards but what about [glow=red]Security Scripts[/glow]
these are as important to the Player as to the GM and they can save you from some embarrassing moments. I encourage you to post your security script Ideas here.

I like this one for my Riggers drones "Disallow all user account creation and removal from an unwired source"

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #1 on: <06-01-11/1213:22> »

I don't have any scripts (will have to look into this) but I do have a highly paranoid set of default settings...

Hidden, Smartguns/comms disable the moment they break skin contact, etc.

Hmm. I wonder if I can set my comms to do a military wipe if I toss it? Say, 10m away and it texts the AI that burns my SINs and zeroizes until the battery runs out...(unless I enter the PW or something, first, of course).

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-01-11/1327:54> »
I have a script a bit like the one in unwired to have my commlinks scan new icons constantly and alert me in case of problems.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <06-01-11/1330:06> »
You'd think my group would learn about things like this after the resident Pixie's AI-buddy, "Metal-Head Mike" overwrote all their software with Heavy Metal Music.

All of the software.  "Why won't my pistol fire any more!"-all of the software!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #4 on: <06-01-11/1407:00> »
You'd think my group would learn about things like this after the resident Pixie's AI-buddy, "Metal-Head Mike" overwrote all their software with Heavy Metal Music.

All of the software.  "Why won't my pistol fire any more!"-all of the software!

Annnd this is why my Gremlin-cursed technologically declined Mage uses a revolver. Heh.

(Awesome, by the way...how did they find out about that little gem? "Hasta la vista, you bastard!...*click*...*cue metal anthem*...Uh, I'd like to begin my apology by saying you are both a handsome and merciful Troll...")

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <06-03-11/1029:31> »
That's why I got to agree with Wolf (Of Wolf and Raven fame), in that you don't want to have to fight with software patches in the middle of a firefight.  :P

"Click."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

grimjaws

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <06-03-11/1450:43> »
Jump to 1:10 to see why smartguns are sometimes a bad idea.

-k
Outside of the humor involved the whole trailer was filled with nice visuals (I'm thinking mainly of the AR stuff).

SR1+ SR2 SR3 SR4++ SR5+++ h b++ B-- UB- IE- RN--- !W sa++ ma++ sh+++ ad+++ m+++ e- o++ t++ gm+ M- P-

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <06-03-11/1845:42> »

-k
Outside of the humor involved the whole trailer was filled with nice visuals (I'm thinking mainly of the AR stuff).
Including the humor, that whole thing was full of awesome!

What Cyberpunk would have been if written in 1950s.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <06-16-11/1146:35> »
-k
Note to self: NO PERSONALITY MODS!
-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
Hey, the personality is just looking out for the guy's health.  He might have a heart condition.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11