NEWS

Post-GenCon - Thank You Demo Team

• 6 Replies

Hibiki54

• Omae
« on: <08-05-19/0118:39> »
I would like to extend my thanks to the Catalyst Demo Team and the effort that all the Agents put forth in handling the Shadowrun Missions this GenCon weekend. Thank you to all the GMs for taking 7 players (at times 8 when things were rough) and making sure that everyone was having a good time running in the shadows, building a new character or even getting a first taste of 6th edition.

A big thanks go out to Ms Room Captain, whose name I should know by now but my brain has been muddled by a combination of 1st GenCon high, last day sickness and jet lag. This woman stood tall in all the chaos and guided everyone to where they need to be, wrangled team members to GM for a table of noob generics and made sure that generics (myself especially) got to play.

I hope to see everyone again at Origins and GenCon 2020!

Streetsam_Crunch

• Newb
  • Grumpy Old Ork
« Reply #1 on: <08-06-19/0234:39> »
I'd like to echo that!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself at the tables and had a good time all around. Looking forward to seeing all you chummers at GenCon 2020!

Crunch~

Durins_Folk

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-09-19/1044:40> »
I agree - thank you Catalyst Games Lab Demo Crew for my first Shadowrun Gen Con experience!  Was a blast!!!  Was introduced to Shadowrun (starting with the 5E) at Origins this year and had a wonderful time with both cons!

Honestly, I'm going through withdrawal and am looking to see how to play more.  I don't know of any local groups in my area (Greater Des Moines, IA Metro) and have never played online before.  Looking to try the online bit but I don't see any events listed.

If anyone can help a newbie find games, please PM me.

Thanks very much to everyone for a wonderful time!!!

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-09-19/1354:21> »
Did you folks get to play the Sixth Edition rules?  If so, what did you like best about them?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #4 on: <08-10-19/1357:12> »
I agree - thank you Catalyst Games Lab Demo Crew for my first Shadowrun Gen Con experience!  Was a blast!!!  Was introduced to Shadowrun (starting with the 5E) at Origins this year and had a wonderful time with both cons!

Honestly, I'm going through withdrawal and am looking to see how to play more.  I don't know of any local groups in my area (Greater Des Moines, IA Metro) and have never played online before.  Looking to try the online bit but I don't see any events listed.

If anyone can help a newbie find games, please PM me.

Thanks very much to everyone for a wonderful time!!!

You can always check out Shadowrun Missions Online.

https://shadowcasters.network/srmo/
That's just like... your opinion, man.

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-10-19/1406:42> »
There's also a number of living communities on Reddit.

Streetsam_Crunch

• Newb
  • Grumpy Old Ork
« Reply #6 on: <08-11-19/2304:53> »
Did you folks get to play the Sixth Edition rules?  If so, what did you like best about them?

No, it was still 5th ed. this year. Picked up the books though, reading through the core now. Reserving judgement until I'm done reading...

You can always check out Shadowrun Missions Online.

https://shadowcasters.network/srmo/

Was going to mention that... :)

Crunch~