NEWS

Darker and Edgier Chapter 1: Prelude OOC and Introduction.

• 258 Replies

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-22-16/1009:51> »
Edge reroll limits her at 5, so it's only 5S.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-22-16/1027:03> »
So if I had rolled 6 natural successes it would have been 6P right?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-22-16/1030:59> »
Had your limit been six yes.
So it can only happen if you cast a force 6 spell, use at least 6 reagents, or add edge to your rolls to reroll 6s and remove the limit.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-22-16/1038:39> »
Ah so force is the limit.  Stuttr said that was the case but I showed him in the book where it said the hits determine the force of the actual spell, I think I confused him, thanks for clearing that up,  He hasn't played a mage yet...or a hacker/ technomancer we may lean on you for rules a bit until he gets the hang of them.

― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-22-16/1056:07> »
Unless in the case mentioned before, with anything magic (spells, summons, preparations, etc.) Force.is always the limit. For spells, rituals and summons, Force is the only thing that matter for the Drain Value.
The type of damage however is decided with the number of successes (after limit is applied): less than your Magic, it's stun, more it's physical.

In case of spirit summoning, the Drain Value is twice the number of successes rolled by the spirit when resisting summoning, but the type of damage is once again determined by your number of successes (and not net successes). Note that when summoning, you can't use reagents to set the limits.

Oh and there's another case where you have to be careful with limits, it's when you are aligned to the background count, you add the BGC value to your limit.

And, speaking of background, note that in the barrens, there is always a BGC of at least 1, often 2. And, there is of course Matrix noise you have to deal with. I think it's always 2 but I'm not sure.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-22-16/1101:31> »
This area BG count is 1 and noise is 1, the deeper into the barrens it can get as high as 3 unless there is a particularly toxic area.  I should have mentioned that earlier.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-22-16/1108:34> »
Also in the vein of keeping the dice rolls to a minimum and since Ennui has left for work and I would be rolling for her anyway. I will finish up the combat scene without further dice rolls as you have pretty much finished it already and you would act next since they are going on the defensive.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-22-16/1113:37> »
burst fire bullet 1: 10d6t5 4
burst fire bullet 2: 10d6t5 2
burst fire bullet 3 2nd target: 10d6t5 1
Not too impressive over all hopefully these aren't tough mooks.

Hum, sorry to  be such a rule lawyer (and by the way, I'm fine if you want to do it that way, just pointing out what the rules are in case it's a mistake).
But here, even with a burst fire (or a full auto spread) you can only have one single target, unless you divide your pool in two, which would allow you to have two targets (or divide in three and attack three targets, the limit being skill / 2 attacks in one action). To do that, you take your full pool, add all modifiers, then divide as evenly as possible.

With a three bullets burst, what you do is impose a penalty of -2d on the defence pool of your target (CRB p178-180).

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-22-16/1211:14> »
Thanks I was going to explain to her when she got home.  This saves me the trouble.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-23-16/0832:42> »
I for one appreciate it Imladir.  I would say I don't have a great grasp on the rules.  I doubt Stuttr has a much better grasp than I do.  Pointing out rules we've misunderstood is a good thing, don't feel bad about it.  Stuttr has a saying:  Ignorance is fixable, willfull ignorance is a crime against humanity.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-23-16/0940:27> »
I also appreciate it.  don't feel bad about correcting me I'd rather know than not.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-23-16/1502:06> »
Sam is awarded 1 karma for her completed run btw, good job=P

@cigz protip man negotiate your fee before you accept the job in the future.
« Last Edit: <09-23-16/1623:04> by Stuttrboy »

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-23-16/1636:04> »
I also appreciate it.  don't feel bad about correcting me I'd rather know than not.

Well then, I shall continue to do so. Note that while I'm Magic and on a lesser measure Matrix and TM rules are ok for me, I'm much less on point regarding combat, and even less with rigging.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-25-16/1738:57> »
I think Stuttr meant to post this here.

Pics for characters are encouraged to help me visualize them in my world.  I won't require them, but there may be bonuses for them as well as RP, humor and trickseyness.

Which reminds me bonus +1K for Ennui for calling Gunderson out and getting away with it.  +1k for Sky for RP.

― Lewis Carroll

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #29 on: <09-25-16/2003:35> »
Ya I know I didn't negotiate any fee I just thought I didn't have the skill I would try and jump onto the job hoping to make a name with him more then nuyen on this one.

Note: I haven't played a decker since 2nd edition so even though I know mages inside and out I'm going to be a bit of a newbie when it comes to decking, I just love the characters too much not to try one after so long. So pointers from time to time on decking would help.
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.