NEWS

[IC] Street Legends -- VU93 Jackpoint Additions

• 15 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <09-27-11/2221:33> »
Read this thread for rules before posting here!

IC discussion about the book Street Legends.  Have fun!

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #1 on: <09-28-11/1237:41> »
Martin de Vries, p. 141, 1st column, FastJack's and Fianchetto's shadowcomments
>>>>>["Publish or perish." Oh, yeah, that’s it. I’m sure that’s what caused all the problems....
     Oh, and nice place you've got here, Bull. ]<<<<<
     -- Sticks (22:35:45/08-15-73)

Martin de Vries, p. 143, 2nd column, after all the shadowcomments
>>>>>["I’ve seen people and things killed before, but never with the kind of nonchalance
that de Vries showed that night."
     Really? That's a bold statement coming from you, Rigger X.]<<<<<
     -- Hard Exit (13:43:45/08-17-73)
« Last Edit: <09-28-11/1410:03> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-29-11/0352:56> »
Lugh Surehand, p.139, second column, after Kay St. Irregular's shadowcomment
>>>>>[It may be harmful if those slanderous accusations were true. However, they are not. Lugh Surehand was a monster in power, and as you've seen is still quite a serious threat out of power. The idea of associating with him is repugnant, unless it was to see him dead.]<<<<<
-- Brighid (01:47:02/08-18-73)
« Last Edit: <09-29-11/2338:52> by James Meiers »

Caine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Long lost runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-29-11/2307:45> »
>>>>>[Or to make some cash]<<<<<
     -- Tyco (23:04:23/09-28-2073)
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-30-11/0233:16> »
Nadja Daviar, p.152, 1st column, after Riser's shadowcomment
>>>>>[The assassin may be onto something. President Daviar and Prince Reed basically grew up in shit together and both rose to become rich and powerful, and then when the insurgency makes a concerted move against High Prince Surehand and the neo-feudal regime, Reed tried and failed to make a killing blow, politically, while 237 kilometers to the north his old ... friend ... was nearly murdered by people who had networked together and shared various overlapping political goals with the people whose actions he unsuccessfully attempted to exploit for his own goals.

However, to say that she was a possible leader assumes several things, not least of which is that the last assassin could only have reached her if she a) knew that he would have failed in spite of that bullet actually striking her, and b) that they been granted a higher clearance than even the Vice President had.
]<<<<<
— Brighid (02:46:33/09-29-73)
« Last Edit: <09-30-11/0236:15> by James Meiers »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-01-11/0111:14> »
>>>>["The assassin." Interesting when one's entire life is summed up in a word. Like "traitor" or "monster."

I will play your little game, however, since you obvious know more about the New Revolution than anyone else here. This briefing on Daviar suggests that Reed was the mentor in their relationship, which tends to be the way dynamics remain in these situations. However, he took on the protege role with Surehand and then turned on the High Prince, so who's to say what the relationship between Reed and Daviar became when Dunkelzahn entered the picture. For all we know, she played him like a harp, exploiting whatever relationship they had. It's not as if he had one once he moved to Portland. Maybe he assumed he would just outlive her human toy.

Oh, and your little adventure in Chicago was a hoot.]<<<<<
— Riser (23:04:35/9-29-73)

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #6 on: <10-01-11/0610:51> »
Hestaby, p 128, 1st column, after Kay St. Irregular's shadowcomment
>>>>>[That reminds me, that meeting was priceless. DF security were pissed as it was a nightmare to deal with the media while organizers were trying to keep their cool. I had a good laugh at that one.]<<<<<
— Smiley (05:57:33/9-30-73)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-01-11/1429:38> »
>>>>>[And of course it wasn't a coincidence that Knight Errant "backup" happened to be nearby. Ever since Daviar returned KE has invaded the neighborhood around the Draco Foundation like an invading army. I'm sure Damien Knight would be heartbroken if something else happened to his "dear friend."]<<<<<
— Hard Exit (12:24:35/09-30-73)

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #8 on: <10-01-11/2029:29> »
Sticks, p.67, after Sticks second shadowcomment
>>>>>[I'll have to say that really depends on which contracts you take. I won't talk for Riser here, but doing wetwork most of the time I take a job myself, I like to think that the streets are better off without most of the scumbags I take out. Most of them, well, I guess I'm no saint either.

Oh and since I'm at it. I still owe you a bottle of rhum Riser. Remind me never to make a bet with you ever again.]<<<<<
— Smiley (20:23:50/09-30-73)
-Smiley

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-01-11/2151:12> »
Rigger X, p.56, 2nd column, end of page
>>>>>[I don't begrudge Genzo for being ruthless. However, he is an idiot. What men (and they're always men) like he fail to understand is that metahumans are not pragmatic, and consequences are aggregate and long in coming. I understand that JackPoint counts Kane among their number, a man who once personified the "guns blazing, kill everything that moves" school of running. Yet he is also clever enough to understand human nature, and people. It isn't his most stellar moment, but one noteworthy example that comes to my mind is when he gained the favor of hundreds of factory workers in Africa while stabbing his opfor in the metaphorical eye. The man is wanted across half the post-industrial world and by most megas and yet celebrates unmolested with his fellow F1 owners in Monaco. He knows how to play the game, and with whom to play it.
     Genzo on the other hand is going to get fucked sideways, pardon my language, the same way every other person like him has or will. Because eventually the metahumans he is forced to deal with ... won't. And people like me who are hunters of men like him will exploit that and kill him. And no one will care, no one will miss him, and the runners who aren't as narrow-minded and foolish are the ones who live to see retirement.
     Oh, and Kane ... You-Know-Who sends his regards.]<<<<<
— Brighid (19:49:32/10-01-73)
« Last Edit: <10-01-11/2153:02> by James Meiers »

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #10 on: <10-02-11/0110:20> »
Hannibelle, p.92, 2nd column, after Stone shadowcomment
>>>>>[I did heard about Hannibelle but I've never worked with or for her. If she's that honest and forthcoming, I'd love to work with her. I personally have no problem working with the Infected, well, as long as they don't try to eat me. In fact, I worked regularly with a Nosferatu going by the name of Dallas in my green days and we've been friends ever since. It even saved my life once. Story short, when I was on the job, I got jumped by a bunch of Nosferatus. But just when they were about to make a bloody banquet out of me, one of them recognized me. Apparently, Dallas had talked alot an very highly of me. They let me go with a warning not to get in their turf again.]<<<<<
— Smiley (01:04:25/10-02-73)

Hannibelle, p.93, 2nd column, after Thorn shadowcomment
>>>>>[Hmm. I'm always looking for good ways to get rid of bodies from jobs. I wonder if she'd eat them for me.]<<<<<
— Smiley (01:08:34/10-02-73)
-Smiley

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <10-02-11/0149:59> »
>>>>>[She's not a garbage disposal.]<<<<<
— Kay St. Irregular (02:03:34/10-02-73)

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #12 on: <10-02-11/0546:49> »
>>>>>[Hahaha. Alright, alright. I'll admit, that was a bad joke. If she reads this, I'll make it up to her, I promise.]<<<<<
— Smiley (05:20:12/10-02-73)

Lugh Surehand, p. 138, 2nd column, after Fianchetto shadowcomment
>>>>>[Yeah, I remember. When rumors had spread that Lugh was in town, there was quite a few people who tried to build a last minute teams to take him out. I got contacted directly by some guys who wanted me on their team. He was offering good money too. But a big bird told me not to. Hell, she didn't had to, I wasn't going to take the job. I was maybe be green and stupid in those years but I wasn't that stupid. I was good and I don't want to sound modest, which I'm not, but I knew the fallen Prince was too big a target for me. Besides, every penny I make, I intend on spending. I know Lugh and his circle clashed with Tir Ghosts but I wonder if these guys actually tried to take him out.]<<<<<
— Smiley (05:39:35/10-02-73)

Lugh Surehand, p. 138, 2nd column, after Frosty shadowcomment
>>>>>[I heard through the branches that someone else beat them to it. But if Frosty seems to imply that everyone is still looking, I guess it's safe to assume that's bullshit.]<<<<<
— Smiley (05:44:24/10-02-73)
-Smiley

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #13 on: <10-07-11/1712:51> »
Hannibelle, p.92, 2nd column, after Stone shadowcomment[/color]

>>>>>[I've worked with Hannibelle in the past though she might not recognize the handle i have now, however, i can say that i have never had anyone else show the level of proffessionalism that she did while watching my team's backs, nor when i asked her to find some information that I needed on some Humanis scum that I needed to track down. On the flip side of the equation, since I started fixing down here in the Pensacola Plex, she has both hired the teams I've run as well as sent Johnsons to me when they needed some southern fried action.  Whenever this has happened things have always been on the level and she has sent me all the intel I or my teams have needed. As far as I am concerned WHAT she is is a moot point. She has sent infected runners that have needed to escape certain areas my way and always the precis on the runner was right on the money. Most of these runners are still around Pensacola and I have made arrangements for their special needs, Tamanous however has been informed that if they bother these runners or step foot in my plex they wont make it out again. Knock on wood, they haven't tried me, yet.]<<<<<

--Wolfgar  (16:03:24/10-07-73)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #14 on: <11-05-11/1939:16> »
Elijah, p.24, 2nd column, after Slamm-O! shadowcomment

>>>>>[A practical evaluations of one's weaknesses and strengths is not ego, but wisdom. It is a lesson lost on the young.]<<<<<
--Iceblade (16:04:29/10-08-73)

Puck, p.52, 2nd column, after Fastjack shadowcomment

>>>>>[History is littered with tales of those who fell under the sway of a powerful idea, given to them by someone who promised a family when they were alone. Rejection can drive one to find these ideas, for good or ill, while friends and family can help try to keep one grounded. I've never met Puck, but his story is one that has been told many times throughout history.]<<<<<
--Iceblade (17:31:02/10-08-73)

Hestaby, p.124, 2nd column, after 1st paragraph (ending in 'during the second Matrix Crash.')

>>>>>[I was actually introduced to Hestaby once at a court function before the revolution. It was at a reception after my younger sister pledged herself as a Paladin in the dragon's service. She was most gracious, and very polite. Poor Ariana, she didn't make it out before the rebels got to her.]<<<<<
--Iceblade (17:40:13/10-08-73)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters