NEWS

Newbie question - Any downloadable errata pdfs?

• 8 Replies

Wulfgar22

• Newb
« on: <03-17-11/1400:05> »
As the title says...I'm a newbie to SR and have ordered the Core book and Sixth World Alamanac. I've had a quick look for any downloadable errata pdfs but can't see any...are there? Or any consolidated errata anywhere? Cheers.

The Seven

• Chummer
  • It only is paranoia if you can't prove it.
« Reply #1 on: <03-17-11/2137:51> »
There is no errata link in the main website (or at least none I could find; there was a section in the old website, but it was removed in the revamp). This is what this subforum is for, though. So browse through it, read the stickies and follow the administrative replies; those are the erratas you should know of.

As a side note: if there is a errata section for PDF downloads, I'd very much like to know where.
[the7 | abyssus abyssum invocat]

Quote from: Batou
Quote from: Major Motoko Kusanagi
What the hell did you use?
Your standard issue big gun.

Raventrickster

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-17-11/2257:27> »
Found it, and it isn't obvious.  You have to actually click on the main Game Resources link rather than anything in the menu.  There's a few other little tidbits in there as well

http://www.shadowrun4.com/game-resources/

Wulfgar22

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-18-11/0501:37> »
Thanks all.  :)

It'd be handy if CGL provided errata pdfs for all their current books...they're pretty easy to continuously update and useful to have at the table.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <03-18-11/0739:25> »
Thanks all.  :)

It'd be handy if CGL provided errata pdfs for all their current books...they're pretty easy to continuously update and useful to have at the table.
This has been discussed in many different threads before. JMH and crew have said that they are busy working on other projects, but if they can get some extra time, they will try to get to these as they can.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-10-11/2131:31> »
So after coming to the realization that the pdf SR4A and the printed version are different, on top of all the other errata (namely, the lack of them), I'm going to have to withhold my dollars until that's addressed.  Not that it makes a whit of difference to CGL, but that's the way it is.

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-10-11/2208:42> »
If you purchased the pdf legally you can get the updated version from the seller. If you didn't, I doubt threats involving your money are going to bother them all that much. :)
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-10-11/2255:50> »
It's not just that.  What about my hardcopy books?  I buy most of mine in my FLGS.  I should be able to print out errata for each of those as well.  Instead I have to try and figure out which printing or which pdf is the latest printing and decipher what's different.

That's even assuming a print run doesn't revert BACK and lose the errata a previous version had, aka Street Magic.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #8 on: <05-10-11/2356:11> »
So after coming to the realization that the pdf SR4A and the printed version are different, on top of all the other errata (namely, the lack of them), I'm going to have to withhold my dollars until that's addressed.  Not that it makes a whit of difference to CGL, but that's the way it is.

Yeah.

There is errata for the older Shadowrun 4 core book, but this has been superseded by the Shadowrun 4 Anniversary Edition. There is a document that details some of the changes between SR4 and SR4A, but as people have discovered a number of changes did not make it into the Changes document for some reason.

There is also errata for Street Magic, Arsenal, and Unwired.

The second printing of Street Magic had some of the errata from that time incorporated, but for some reason the third printing actually LOST all the errata. Dunno what happened there.

There is no errata for any other 4th edition book. Including SR4A, which still has some problems. "They're working on it."

Not a great track record, sorry to say.

-k
« Last Edit: <05-10-11/2359:10> by KarmaInferno »