NEWS

[6e] Foundation Avatar AR/DR

• 5 Replies

MercilessMing

• Omae
« on: <05-31-22/2150:29> »
The new info on Foundations doesn't mention how AR/DR should be translated.  I assume they're supposed to be AR= A+S and DR= D+F, but if they were based on the physical translation attributes instead, it would be DR=F.  This maybe should have been stated along with the notes on translation.  There's a lot about Skills, attributes, and actions, but AR and DR seem to be forgotten about more and more like they were in the Anatomy of a Shadowrun chapter of the Companion.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-01-22/0827:26> »
That's because there is no change to how AR/DR is calculated and used. You use the appropriate attributes as translated for the appropriate actions.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-01-22/1118:47> »
oh dang - I actually overlooked it in the text!  :-X  My question is answered, it's AR = Agility + Strength, DR = Body + Reaction.  A bit different but if you're going to make all the stats out of those four, it makes sense.  Odd maybe that Initiative still uses Intuition, but it looks like everything's there. Thank you

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3 on: <06-02-22/1653:28> »
Foundations in 6e?  Are we talking matrix foundations?  Was this buried in the 6th World Companion somewhere?  Or is something else newly released?  (I did a search in the FAQ and don't see foundations anywhere in there)

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-02-22/1709:23> »
It's in Third Parallel but shhh spoilers.
I fully expect it to also appear in the Matrix book Hack & Slash, so don't feel like you have to go out and buy 3rd parallel

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #5 on: <06-02-22/2229:12> »
I'm very much planning on getting it, my home game has three different campaigns that we've been alternating between, and 1 is all about the three worlds, one took part in Ripping Reality so never wants to go back to Denver so I totally have to send them back, and the third has gone through 30 Nights and we're working our way through Assassin's Night so doing a 3rd adventure might just be fitting.  But I'm waiting until I'm closer to being ready to run it, it comes out in hardcopy, or goes on sale at drivethru.  I'll see which book I end up getting first.