NEWS

Can the mods execute the adbots, please?

• 111 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #15 on: <09-11-10/1647:45> »
Just no mods around right this second to squelch him.   >:(  Most of the others got stomped before they could make a second post -- I honestly think this is the first time I HAVEN'T seen at least one moderator on.  Good timing on the spambot's part, I guess.

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <09-11-10/1652:15> »
Just no mods around right this second to squelch him.   >:(  Most of the others got stomped before they could make a second post -- I honestly think this is the first time I HAVEN'T seen at least one moderator on.  Good timing on the spambot's part, I guess.
BY THE GODS IT HAS GAINED SENTIENCE RUN BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!
Pie > Cake

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #17 on: <09-11-10/1713:49> »
Wait does that mean we may be seeing the first AI?
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #18 on: <09-11-10/1820:33> »
Targets eliminated, awaiting further orders.  ;)
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-11-10/1930:16> »
Spambots are silly. There was one on one of my RP forums one time that was just spamming word salad mostly about fish. And another was random words in Spanish. Lawlz.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <09-12-10/0327:51> »
Wait does that mean we may be seeing the first AI?

Well thanks a fucking lot capitalism. We finally have the computing power to create a self-aware piece of software... and all it can think of is how to sell us penis enlargements, not that it even knows what a penis is.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-12-10/1022:45> »
I find the irony delightful.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-12-10/1526:03> »
All software is self-aware. It can also read your mind to crash at the single most inopportune time.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <09-12-10/1536:53> »
That explains why I can never get Photoshop to do what I want...

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-12-10/1607:19> »
Photoshop crashes on you?

The only time I have problems with photoshop is with content aware ops and I exceed my memory. Which is why I switched to 64 bit Win 7 and 12GB of memory.

While I am not an expert on photoshop (runnign CS5) I might be able to help out some (fire off a PM). There are times when photoshop can be a little obtuse.  ;D

Now Carrara 8 Pro...I have been running into some crash issues.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #25 on: <09-12-10/1624:06> »
It's not that bad. It usually only happens at work (which is a laptop that's about 5 years old) and I'm trying to run it with 2 other memory hogs open.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-12-10/1631:08> »
Ooooh how I love CS5. My computer doesn't love it, but I love CS5. I only have problems really when I try and content aware a big area or am working on a digipaint over like... 4000px wide.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-12-10/1650:57> »
It's not that bad. It usually only happens at work (which is a laptop that's about 5 years old) and I'm trying to run it with 2 other memory hogs open.

That would do it.  :(

Content aware is really potent, but it loves GB of ram, no way around it.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #28 on: <09-19-10/0501:28> »
I hope the mods appreciate that I'm doing my best to never use the same text twice, when I report a spambot post.  That's extra effort that most people just don't put in, with this sort of thing, but I try to brighten their day by mixing it up a little bit.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-19-10/0743:17> »
Yeah, I always report these guys.

I'm still intrigued as to what exactly makes @#%$ enlargement "world class" though.
« Last Edit: <09-19-10/0859:08> by Joker »