mortonstromgal

• Newb
« on: <08-23-13/1434:50> »
Any Shadowrun at PAX Prime this year?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-23-13/1648:10> »
There have been several FB posts regarding preparations for PAX Prime, so CGL will be there. Once post had a comment regarding need to find people to run demos, but beyond that, not sure if any Missions are planned.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <08-23-13/1738:05> »
Pax doesn't do scheduled tabletop games.  So outside of the demo areas, there's not really anywhere to set upa dn do games at.  There's an open gaming area from what I hear, but that's for, well, open gaming, not for companies to try running organized events. 

Sorry!

mortonstromgal

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-03-13/2341:58> »
Actually there are plenty of organised table top events at PAX Prime and I did see one SR 5 table at catalysts booth but the Convention doesn't set the schedule the exhibitor does. In past years table top companies have tried to use their 4 hour gencon blocks and failed horribly. I ended up playing DnD Next and Fiasco both twice just due to the time slots worked well with everything else that was going on over the 4 crazy days. WOTC is starting to figure it out and the indie games (like fiasco, monster hearts etc) have adapted. Steve Jackson has also done well because they focus on dice and card games. You need to be able to get in and out of a game in 1-2 hours because thats how long most of the other things are. The green ronin and catalyst booths were pretty decent sized this year. Id also consider seeing if you can move the game table out to wherever the table top freeplay is going to be (ie a hotel) but keep the "store front" in the convention center. Just the thoughts of someone who has been going to PAX since before it was moved to the convention center and grew to 80,000 tickets per day. Also much to my dismay PAX is more and more twitter feed needed every year.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <09-04-13/0120:31> »
Yeah, I mostly meant that you can't set up registered events that people can prereg for.  You could set up tables and say "games at X, Y, and Z", but...  That's really hit and miss.  You could have 30 people show up for one game, and none for another.  I don;t really know.  Not my job anymore to worry about it :)

Orion

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-17-14/0230:47> »
I know this is an old thread but I needed to ask the same question. Where is SR5 or Missions at PAX Prime? Its a Seattle convention with a larger RPG turnout. There is a HUGE registration for Pathfinder and DnD at PAX Prime. My son plays for the regional coordinator and they have about ten tables reserved as well as having staff, GMs and online registration; its just not through the PAX site. I have seen comments from the RPGA that they have roughly the same deal. Last year I was one of the GMs for Pathfinders and we had to turn people away. So for SR5 not to be represented is not only a disappointment to the SR fans but also a missed opportunity for Catalyst.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-18-14/1218:10> »
If you cut out the character creation portion of Welcome to the Sixth World and just handed out pregens (preferably the corrected ones made in Hero Lab), you could easily run the event in two hours.